Gui for chess engine MINIMAX

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
VANYA

Gui for chess engine MINIMAX

Post by VANYA »

I tried to make a wrapper for engine MINIMAX.

There is a possibility:
1) change the color of the interface
2) The level of play
3) Language (English, Russian)
4) autoplay
5) The size of the board

ImageImage

To build the library needs Window9

Download
Last edited by VANYA on Dec 25, 2021 5:03, edited 1 time in total.
Roland Chastain

Re: Gui for chess engine MINIMAX

Post by Roland Chastain »

Nice ! I first believed that it needed your FB library to work, but I see that it works without. I will take time to play with it, and have a look at your code.

How can one change language ?
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

Roland Chastain wrote:How can one change language ?

BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

VANYA wrote:I tried to make a wrapper for engine MINIMAX.
Very well done.
I wasn't able to turn on the English version after following your instructions to Roland.
Last edited by BasicCoder2 on Jan 29, 2013 19:35, edited 1 time in total.
Roland Chastain

To turn on the english version you have to click on "yes" (left button) when it asks confirmation.

I sometimes wondered but never asked you where your pieces did comme from. Congratulations ! You are not a bad drawer, because it's very hard to draw chess pieces, and yours are nice, and look very nice in the VANYA program.
BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

Roland Chastain wrote:To turn on the english version you have to click on "yes" (left button) when it asks confirmation.
I was doing a SINGLE CLICK instead of a DOUBLE CLICK. Works now.
I sometimes wondered but never asked you where your pieces did comme from. Congratulations ! You are not a bad drawer, because it's very hard to draw chess pieces, and yours are nice, and look very nice in the VANYA program.
Amateur artist. I used to like drawing and painting but lost interest after two years in secondary school replacing it with an interest in electronics and now programming.
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Hey... I would be willing to make some more 3d chess pieces and a board, if interested. I could also help out with the 3d opengl stuff, if you need/want to do that. I love making models like chess pieces. It's always fun. :)
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Dr_D wrote:Hey... I would be willing to make some more 3d chess pieces and a board, if interested. I could also help out with the 3d opengl stuff, if you need/want to do that. I love making models like chess pieces. It's always fun. :)
make them voxelized!
use GL_TEXTURE_3D and draw them layered if you want to keep it simple =)
if they are square sized, you can use GL_TEXTURE_ARRAY_2D, but only modern GPUs (opengl 3.0+) can use that...

most gpus support GL_TEXTURE_3D (which filters between the layers, so you can do a layer 2.5 and it will be a blend between 2 and 3

http://prideout.net/blog/?p=60
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Heh, well, I don't have a voxel editor. I mainly use Lightwave, and the version I use doesn't have voxel support. If you converted them with an algorithm though... :p
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

BasicCoder2 wrote:
VANYA wrote:I tried to make a wrapper for engine MINIMAX.
Very well done. I notice you thought my images were good enough to use. I drew my own because I wasn't sure about those on the internet being copywright images. Do you use 3 sets of images? Do you want them changed or improved in anyway?
Yes, your figures were suitable for the program.
Dr_D wrote:Hey... I would be willing to make some more 3d chess pieces and a board, if interested. I could also help out with the 3d opengl stuff, if you need/want to do that. I love making models like chess pieces. It's always fun. :)
I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with the implementation of 3D graphics :( . But if anyone draws extra pieces, then I'll change the code and they will be added to the project.

Thank you all for your opinions.
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

Update: Adding the ability to select an optional set of figures. Thank you very much DR_D

Project Page
Roland Chastain

Congratulations to the artist and to the programmer !

You made a very good GUI for Minimax.

There is only one thing I don't like in Dr_D pieces : the cross on the king's crown. It's too small. You'd better (in my opinion) wether remove wether remake it.

;-)
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Roland Chastain wrote:Congratulations to the artist and to the programmer !

You made a very good GUI for Minimax.

There is only one thing I don't like in Dr_D pieces : the cross on the king's crown. It's too small. You'd better (in my opinion) wether remove wether remake it.

;-)
Heh... thanks. I kinda though the cross was too small also. I'll add a new one later. :)
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Ok... here. ;) (don't forget to refresh if it looks the same)

I'll have to do the others again... the marble ones, but I wanted to make them look better anyway. I wasn't that happy with the texture. Also... I gave the horse ears now, though they are hard to see at that level. :p
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

Yes, the king with a cross looks better.

P.S. Thanks for the tip Roland