The new website

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
fxm

Post by fxm »

fxm wrote:
fxm wrote:
fxm wrote:For about one week, there are often problems with connection to the website FreeBasic (and phatcode), with failure time of about one hour or more.
TJF wrote:I second that (connecting from Europe).
I tried to send a post. I had to store the text local and send it 1 hour later.
I would think this is the website phatcode (hosting freeBbsic) which has big problems for a week.
I still have problems connecting to the freebasic.net website (and at the same time to phatcode.net). The failure of connection occurs less often and has shorter duration than before, but it's always annoying!
For some weeks, this problem has reappeared but only with much shorter disconnections (or very long response times).
fxm

Post by fxm »

fxm wrote:
fxm wrote:
fxm wrote: I would think this is the website phatcode (hosting freeBbsic) which has big problems for a week.
I still have problems connecting to the freebasic.net website (and at the same time to phatcode.net). The failure of connection occurs less often and has shorter duration than before, but it's always annoying!
For some weeks, this problem has reappeared but only with much shorter disconnections (or very long response times).
And here we go again, like last summer, for long disconnections (very long last night, and shorter this morning)!
mathwizard44

Re: The new website

Post by mathwizard44 »

I like the redesign of the site and the forum. I can see more stuff, especially code.

Is there a way to get the syntax highlighting for the code back? Thanks.
marcov

Post by marcov »

Looks fine, I would just tone down the white background a bit. It is too bright for my tastes
Last edited by marcov on Dec 30, 2011 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
roook_ph

Post by roook_ph »

I agree it is too bright. Well it is free so we do not have any option but look at the bright
white screen.
Merick

Post by Merick »

It's good that the board software is finally being upgraded, but the new design is definitely hard on the eyes
Coolman

Post by Coolman »

I like the new graphical interface of this forum. it is more professional, congratulations ...
Erik1984

Post by Erik1984 »

Hi all. Have not visited the forums for a while. Anyway I like the new layout, good job.
Lachie Dazdarian

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

Did some posts got lost?
TJF

Post by TJF »

I also like the new interface. It's more exploratory. And the report button may be helpful.

I miss
  • The expand button for 'code' context.
  • Syntax highlighting in 'code' context.
  • A hint for reported posts (to omit multiple reports on one post).
Some ideas for improvement:
  • Long threads are broken in to several pages of 15 posts each. So the 16th post is on a new page and we have to turn page to read the post before. Is it possible to show the last 15th post instead (no paging)?
  • I would like to have the topic of a thread on top of the page above the scrol area, so I need not scrol up to read it in long threads.
  • Add a feature to adjust background color (and maybe other issues like syntax highlighting) in the members preferences (ie like at the german site).
Anyway, good work so far. Thanks for your efforts.
darkhog

Post by darkhog »

Can you enable private messaging? Some things are better to kept private either because it applies only to two guys/girls or to not make offtopic.
agamemnus

Post by agamemnus »

...the names should be on the left side. :(

Also, please remove "save draft"...
Merick

Post by Merick »

agamemnus, you can get the user names back on the left side by selecting the subsilver2 board style in the board preferences in your user control panel
roook_ph

Post by roook_ph »

The new website exposes an anomaly on my profile . The website refers to my geocities site , Geocities is a dead site a long time ago must find a way to edit that part on my profile , Help anyone?
Theunis Jansen

Post by Theunis Jansen »

It is a bit bright but I have some auto settings on my Flatron L1718S screen which by pressing a button includes Day Text, Night Text. These settings give me a darker background. Night Text gives me a gray background and I use it.

What I would have liked to see is that the ISO standards for Time and Date be used.

Sometimes I have to try two or three times to log In and sometimes after I log In and wish to post a reply I must then again Log In. This is nothing new since it happened with the old "face" as well but I don't have to try so many times as before.