Where can I get a Recent-Git-Build of FreeBASIC?

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
St_W

Where can I get a Recent-Git-Build of FreeBASIC?

Post by St_W »

Automated recent git builds at:
https://users.freebasic-portal.de/stw/builds/
fxm wrote:Since end of June (when development has switched to 'Git'), the main web site 'freebasic-portal.de' continues to always provide Daily-SVN-Builds of FreeBASIC, and consequently the used FBC compiler version is even older than the official version 0.23.0!

Where could we get a recent build of FreeBASIC, and particularly for the Windows platform?
Sannaj

Post by Sannaj »

On the FBC Sourceforge Page:

http://sourceforge.net/scm/?type=git&group_id=122342

The Git Build needs to be compiled by yourself (It contains source code only), so you'll probably set up an building enviroment.
fxm

Post by fxm »

Justly, it is to avoid to built it myself!
marcov

Post by marcov »

fxm wrote:Justly, it is to avoid to built it myself!
Or to have to install GIT :-)
Sannaj

Post by Sannaj »

Oh I see, I can only offer you the version of the German FB-Protal witch you can find under http://www.freebasic-portal.de/svnbuild ... 111221.zip. If think this is no problem even if you can't speak German.
fxm

Post by fxm »

Sannaj wrote:Oh I see, I can only offer you the version of the German FB-Protal witch you can find under http://www.freebasic-portal.de/svnbuild ... 111221.zip. If think this is no problem even if you can't speak German.
Have you fully read my first post?:
'freebasic-portal.de' continues to always provide Daily-SVN-Builds of FreeBASIC, and consequently the used FBC compiler version is even older than the official version 0.23.0!
SARG

Post by SARG »

The words fly, writings remain but are not read ;-)
fxm

Post by fxm »

« VERBA VOLANT, SCRIPTA MANENT »
Les paroles s'envolent, les écrits restent.

Proverbe latin dont le sens se rapproche du "nescit vox missa reverti" d'Horace.
AGS

Post by AGS »

They're working on repairing the daily builds at the German site:
http://www.freebasic-portal.de/downloads/svn-daily-builds.html wrote: Aktueller Hinweis

Die Daily Builds sind im Moment leider nicht auf dem neusten Stand! Der Quelltext für das täglich "frisch" generierte Build wird nämlich nach wie vor aus dem VCS Subversion bezogen. Das FreeBASIC-Projekt hat sein Repository jedoch auf GIT umgestellt. Daher werden Neuerungen nicht mehr ins SVN-Repo übertragen und das Daily-Build-System ist von den Updates abgeschnitten. An der Umstellung der Daily Builds auf GIT wird gearbeitet, allerdings verzögert sich die Inbetriebnahme noch etwas.
Translation: the latest FreeBASIC source code is in a GIT repository yet the daily builds are built using the code at the old SVN repository. This means our daily-build-system is broken. We are working on fixing it.

Don't know how long the above message has been on the German site ('we are working on fixing it') but I'm confident they'll fix things soon enough. If there is no fresh build within a week I'll post a link to a win32 build (I've got GIT, mingw etc..... etc... installed).

Perhaps one of the fb programmers using Linux could post a link to a Linux version?
fxm

Post by fxm »

Thanks for your translation and explanation.
I will keep a close eye on the web site!
MOD

Re: Where get a Recent-Git-Build of FreeBASIC?

Post by MOD »

From today we have new builds from Git on FreeBASIC Portal.

For now, it's a transitional solution (in ger. "Übergangslösung",). They're not daily builds and DOS is missing, but I try to compile and upload new versions right after changes are submitted to the fbc repo.
fxm

Post by fxm »

MOD wrote:From today we have new builds from Git on FreeBASIC Portal.

For now, it's a transitional solution (in ger. "Übergangslösung",). They're not daily builds and DOS is missing, but I try to compile and upload new versions right after changes are submitted to the fbc repo.
This build (Windows) works for classic programs but does not work for the new features!

- Testing this build (Windows) with the example of the keyword 'Threadcall' in documentation, I obtain this compiler error:

Code: Select all

'' Threading using "ThreadCall"

Sub thread( id As String, tlock As Any Ptr )
    For i As Integer = 1 To 10
        MutexLock tlock
        Print "Loop"; id; "is on iteration"; i
        MutexUnlock tlock
    Next i
End Sub

Dim tlock As Any Ptr = MutexCreate()
Dim a As Any Ptr = ThreadCall thread("A", tlock)
Dim b As Any Ptr = ThreadCall thread("B", tlock)
ThreadWait a
ThreadWait b
MutexDestroy tlock
Print "All done (and without Dim Shared!)"
Command executed:
"d:\Documents and Settings\t0003830\Mes documents\fbc0.24_windows20120104\fbc.exe" "d:\Documents and Settings\t0003830\Mes documents\FBIde0.4.6\FBIDETEMP.bas" -exx

Compiler output:
d:\Documents and Settings\t0003830\Mes documents\fbc0.24_windows20120104\lib/libmingw32.a(main.o): In function `main':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\src\mingwrt/../mingw/main.c:73: undefined reference to `WinMain@16'

Results:
Compilation failed

System:
FBIde: 0.4.6
fbc: FreeBASIC Compiler - Version 0.24.0 (01-04-2012) for win32

- Similar problem for OOP:

Code: Select all

Type UDT Extends Object
End Type
Command executed:
"d:\Documents and Settings\t0003830\Mes documents\fbc0.24_windows20120104\fbc.exe" "d:\Documents and Settings\t0003830\Mes documents\FBIde0.4.6\FBIDETEMP.bas" -exx

Compiler output:
d:\Documents and Settings\t0003830\Mes documents\fbc0.24_windows20120104\lib/libmingw32.a(main.o): In function `main':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\src\mingwrt/../mingw/main.c:73: undefined reference to `WinMain@16'

Results:
Compilation failed

System:
FBIde: 0.4.6
fbc: FreeBASIC Compiler - Version 0.24.0 (01-04-2012) for win32
Last edited by fxm on Jan 05, 2012 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
MOD

Post by MOD »

It looks like you're using '-m' in a wrong way. I'm getting this kind of errors if I try something like this: 'fbc test.bas -m aferijfoefrew'
fxm

Post by fxm »

MOD wrote:It looks like you're using '-m' in a wrong way. I'm getting this kind of errors if I try something like this: 'fbc test.bas -m aferijfoefrew'
No!

I updated my previous post with the complete log for the both test programs.
MOD

Post by MOD »

I'm not sure that's happening there. You could try to use -R and check, if the main() is emitted. Or -v to check the main module.

Maybe it's a problem of your IDE. Try to compile by hand in console.