Iceroyds!

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Landeel

Post by Landeel »

The demo is up. Updated the first post.

The final version will be out in a few days.
Lachie Dazdarian

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

Hrm....surprised by the lack of feedback. Having had the opportunity of playing the full (but still WIP) version, I can tell it offers much more. In that sense Landeel, I think the demo is a bit too restricted and doesn't give the right picture of the game. Also, I think you should release a demo that can function more as a standalone game, and less be a showcase of the final version. For example, maybe some saveable status/highscores in the demo as well.

Anyway, it's a very fun game, with cool physics, and especially strong in two players mode, but maybe, at this point, a bit too two or more players oriented.

Once I buy the final version I'll review it for BASIC Gamer, that's for sure. How far is the final release? I see the buy link already works. How so?
marcov

Post by marcov »

Am I missing something, or is there no URL to the demo in this thread?

No wonder response is low :-)
Lachie Dazdarian

He said first post. Where there is a link to game website: http://iceroyds.darkphear.com/

Where there is a Download Demo button below. :)
Landeel

Post by Landeel »

Added a hot link to the demo download in the first post. :)
I'm doing the final adjustments here, I'll release it tomorrow!!!! :))))
roook_ph

Post by roook_ph »

Nice breakout / puzzle bubble like game. I do not know with other people but fast moving synthesizer sound annoys me . The music has a little similarity to mappy - A game I liked but the music just makes me dizzy after an hour of gameplay. Again it does not apply to everybody.
badmrbox

Post by badmrbox »

Something made AVG go berserk when I started the game. I dont know what but something with the Iceroyd demo triggered a high level threat.
Landeel

Post by Landeel »

No idea what caused this.
Scanned with ClamAV just to check, it didn't find anything.
There's surely no virus or anything, I'm cross-compiling from a clean wine prefix.

EDIT: The executables are compressed with UPX, maybe that's what AVG doesn't like.
Landeel

Post by Landeel »

Okay, the full version is available, everything is up and running.
I'll spread the news.
I'll also try to contact some indie publishers.
marcov

Post by marcov »

Landeel wrote:Okay, the full version is available, everything is up and running.
I'll spread the news.
I'll also try to contact some indie publishers.
A couple of points:

- download from the site was impossible. The pic of the download button didn't appear, I grabbed the URL from the HTML.
- the readme textfile in the windows distribution doesn't wrap properly?
- I get a UAC prompt when running it (vista/64). Probably can be solved easily by making a proper installer (with e.g. innosetup)
- the demo has no gameplay. Hard to decide to buy the game, if you don't get a feel what the game is really about. The demo shows one hires pic and some old skool bitmaps in the story. The music seems the biggest part of the demo work.
Landeel

Post by Landeel »

Well, I have tested it in two different computers running Windows 7, and UAC didn't show up. Also, my beta testers didn't mention anything about UAC.

The download demo button is there ( http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9gvgc8oIVCk/T ... d-demo.png ).
marcov

Post by marcov »

Landeel wrote:Well, I have tested it in two different computers running Windows 7, and UAC didn't show up. Also, my beta testers didn't mention anything about UAC.
Now I think of it, it might not have been UAC, just the plain and simple ".EXE downloaded from internet" prompt.

It's the same thing like the CHM unblocking: if you use built-in zip to unzip, the "downloaded" attribute will transfer from .zip to .exe.
The download demo button is there ( http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9gvgc8oIVCk/T ... d-demo.png ).
It didn't show on the site. Entering that url in the URL bar does show it.
Landeel

Post by Landeel »

Hey, I have added a few YouTube videos to the first post.
Lachie Dazdarian

Thanks, but I would personally appreciate some videos of two players simultaneously playing, just to get a sense on how some sports play in that situation. Which sports allow two players playing at once?
Landeel

Post by Landeel »

All of them, up to 4 players. :)
I wanted to do the videos with more players, but I have nobody to play with me right now.
I'll upload new videos next weekend.