I added the save feature and am currently working on the sfx and squashing a couple bugs. I'm sorry if it isn't being done as fast as the original two-week nightmarish pace I set for 1.0.
Another change I wish to make is to have the various different creatures attack each other on occasion (kind of like some of the craziness in the AI in "Spyro the Dragon").
Anyone wishing to see my current workload, including DoD and five or six other major projects, can check my page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Destructosoft/145944675461097
Update 20110710: Got sound effects working so they don't halt program execution! How is this done? Make sure your sfx routine is on a separate thread which is run using ThreadCreate().
I'm using PlayMidi for the sounds (yes, I got it working too; for some reason the include refused to function until I reinstalled FB); that way I don't have to make OGG or WAV files and take up more space and unneeded drive access.
Save/load has been thoroughly tested and works wonderfully. Switching to "Open As Binary" and putting everything in UDT arrays helped.
Update 20110725: Done 2/3 of the sound effects.
Update 20110813: Thought I had finished adding ALL the sfx, but when I went to implement them, I found a need in the code for 12 more I hadn't thought of. Now even THOSE are finished, but there are still timing problems; also some sfx need shortening.
Update 20110906: Music and sfx are FIXED! Also, there's still 2 or 3 bugs, one of them fatal, but when they're fixed I will release the update! YES!