OMG! I won!!!

For other topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
anonymous1337

Postby anonymous1337 » Jul 09, 2011 2:48

That would be amazing. I've wanted to do current/next-gen development for a while, but I don't have the hardware specs required.
Imortis

Postby Imortis » Jul 09, 2011 16:46

relsoft wrote:Thanks!

Anyways, FB users should buy a DS and a flascart.

Why? I don't know if you guys know this already, but Mysoft is porting FB to DevkitARM and he successfully showed me a screenie of an FB binary running on the DS.

:*)

FB for DS = Win!

Me Want! I have me a DSL and an M3DSReal Flash cart! Whoo! I would love to program FB for DS.
SARG

Postby SARG » Jul 09, 2011 17:10

Congrats !

Each of my 3 children has a DS and a such card. Should be funny to code for this kind of computer.
h4tt3n

Postby h4tt3n » Jul 09, 2011 20:55

relsoft wrote:Thanks!

Anyways, FB users should buy a DS and a flascart.

Why? I don't know if you guys know this already, but Mysoft is porting FB to DevkitARM and he successfully showed me a screenie of an FB binary running on the DS.

:*)

FB for DS = Win!

That's cool! Could you perhaps in another thread explain how to get started coding for the DS? My daughter has one and she loves playing around with my small physics apps :-)

PS. Congrats on the win.

Cheers,
Mike
relsoft

Postby relsoft » Jul 10, 2011 2:50

Guys, for the DS FB port, Mysoft is always on #freebasic. I'm not really in the know about its status. Last time I heard he was porting FB's rtlib.

h4tt3n: I just read some stuff on the net myself. Though for your DS progs to be fast, avoid floats/doubles. In fact, I don't use them at all myself. I generally use 20.12 fix point math to do almost everything.

Considering physics apps are math-heavy, fixed-point is the way to go. Some people was able to port Box2D(fixed-point version) on it with some success though.

I would love to see your demos there.

Return to “Community Discussion”