Merchants of Power

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
agamemnus

Merchants of Power

Post by agamemnus »

Last development version (needs work!):
http://merchantsofpower.com/downloads/se_nosource.7z
Last edited by agamemnus on Aug 23, 2013 2:14, edited 6 times in total.
j_milton

Post by j_milton »

So, are you writing a game?
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

Hi Agamemnus
And that little black country on the top border is the only one on the map that the Romans did no trade, in fact, they dared not set foot in it.
agamemnus

Post by agamemnus »

Yes, it's a game.

There will be more details some time this week.

Dodicat, there are a few blackish areas here... do you mean Scotland?

Post by 1000101 »

dodicat wrote:Hi Agamemnus
And that little black country on the top border is the only one on the map that the Romans did no trade, in fact, they dared not set foot in it.
Are you referring to Gaul or Scotland?
agamemnus

Post by agamemnus »

1000101 wrote:
Gaul is brown here... :P
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

agamemnus wrote:
1000101 wrote:
Gaul is brown here... :P
Scotland.
Looking forward to your game.
Hope there's a bit where they try to trade in Scotland (WHAM!)
Richard

Post by Richard »

dodicat was referring to Scotland which looks dark green on that map. Scotland became the “Afghanistan” or “North-West Frontier” of it's day. The rebels held out in the mountains, the Romans were wise enough not to become entangled. On the other hand, the pragmatic English, became that “nation of shop keepers” by learning to do business with the Romans. Some people have long memories, others get stuck in their ways.

Post by 1000101 »

Bleh, nm. I was misremembering my history. I thought gaul held out longer then it did.
marcov

Post by marcov »

1000101 wrote:Bleh, nm. I was misremembering my history. I thought gaul held out longer then it did.
Only one village in Amorica :-)
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Sweet action. Currently reading Stephen Lawhead's Pendragon Cycle (retelling of Arthurian legend involving Roman history and the introduction of surviving Atlanteans as the Fair Folk), so I've been living in your game for the last few weeks. Look forward to what you make of it.
agamemnus

Post by agamemnus »

Here are two more screenshots based on recent development work. A lot has been done, and an enormous amount is left to do.

Note: all screenshots have been moved to the first post.
Last edited by agamemnus on Apr 02, 2012 15:55, edited 5 times in total.
bulrush

Post by bulrush »

This looks interesting. When will a beta be out?

Is this a game with trading only, or will there be fighting too? Like fighting off random encounters with brigands? (Heh, I got a chance to use the word "brigands".)
agamemnus

Post by agamemnus »

There may or may not be fighting. Probably will in terms of both brigand encounters and city sieges and naval/land battles, but it won't be very extensive and probably very simple. The main focus will be trading.

Beta will be out... I don't know when. The game is barely functional at the moment and I need to add more content. Maybe in a few months. Before the end of 2010? That's probably a lie.
agamemnus

Re: Merchants of Power

Post by agamemnus »

I have stopped development on this in September to work on my Capitalopoly game.

I may be interested in continuing development on this soon, but I will need more manpower, so I am wondering if anyone might like to work with me on this project.

Please note though, that this project is not open source and I intend to make lots of moneys on it, so if you want to join I will give you a cut of the profits when it is done.

Here is the last version. It needs work.
http://merchantsofpower.com/downloads/se_nosource.7z