8-Bit Graphics .bi File

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
DCrawshawJr

8-Bit Graphics .bi File

Post by DCrawshawJr »

Hello, I've been wanting to show you some of what I've been working on. In this zip file is a way to generate 8-bit graphics.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6ah1903bo8y1gyz

The .bi file contains subroutines for displaying my .PIX graphics files, making boxes, and making 8-bit text.

In MakeBox, the format is:
MakeBox(boxmode,x1,y1,x2,y2,boxcolor,bordercolor,shadowcolor)

Box mode 0 is for regular coordinates.
Box mode 1 is for LOCATE coordinates for text. (x is the row, y is the column)
Box mode 2 is for BigPrint coordinates. (x is the row starting at 0, y is the column starting at 0)

In BigPrint, the format is:
BigPrint(x,y,text)

In DrawSprite, the format is;
DrawSprite(filename,x,y,scale)
where x and y are the normal x and y coordinates.
scale must be no lower than 16 and must go in doubling increments (32,64,128) for it to work normally. Although, I tried to experiment with interesting results.

I've included a sample file (gfxtest2.bas) to show how it works.

speditor.exe is a sprite editor to edit the .PIX files. There is no load icon, to load a file, you right-click on one of the blank tiles, enter a search term, then type in the file. You can save files and sets of files called galleries. Check out some of the galleries.

fffont.bas is a program to generate a font set used in BigPrint. Go ahead and experiment with it as well.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this graphics set. If you have any questions, please ask.

I hope I'm improving on my programming skills, tell me what you think!