- This project is deprecated. The follow-on project is named GladeToBac.
GTK+tobac means (GTK+ to Basic). It's a FreeBasic Code Sketcher for generating/updating FB source code for an existing Glade3 GUI-XML file. The FB source code uses the Gimp Tool Kit (GTK+) to implement cross-platform GUI widgets (windows/UNIX).
So GTK+tobac supports rapid application development (RAD) of FreeBasic applications with a graphic user interface (GUI).
In Glade3 the GUI will be designed and saved as an XML-file (*.ui = GktBuilder or *.glade = libglade). GTK+tobac can load and analize this file and then generate some cross platform FreeBasic source code to show and handle the GUI-widgets on Win32 or Unix/Linux.
Unlike glade2bas (haegartheroot) or glade2fb (Galeon), GTK+tobac uses an alternative method to bind the GUI-XML file to the FreeBasic source, targeting a higher level of automation. GTK+tobac supports the automatic generation of a first draft, as well as further expansion or reviews of the GUI-XML-file. Therefor GTK+tobac is recommended for big software projects.
- * automatic generation of matching callback parameter lists
* generates source code for GtkBuilder (*.ui) or libglade (.glade)
* generates references for Objects (Widgets)
* up to date GTK binding 'inc/GTK-2.22.0_TJF.bi' included
* can be used with older GTK versions as well
* multilingual GUI (English/German)
* automation due to command line parameter
* folder for GUI files (tobac)
* integration of Glade file into binary
* Generates ReadMe.txt and makefile
* Generates project files for different IDEs
* GPLv3, source code included
* self hosting (source is example on how to use)
How to use (installing Glade3, GTK+ and GTK+tobac):
- LINUX: Install Glade3/GTK+ for your distribution.
Win32: Download and run Glade3 and GTK+ installer.
3 Run ./GTK+tobac (GTK+tobac.exe).
4 You may use a copy of 'src\GTK+tobac.ui' as a test-file and check the '/src/*.bas'-files for an example.
Edit: link to current version, text improvements.