New IDE

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
fxm

Post by fxm »

Good quick work of translation.

Another small defect of translation in the GUI tool box where the menu has remained in German (Dataei> Erzeugen), although the file settings.ini seems to contain the appropriate translation: Designer_File = File Designer_Create = Generate code.

As I said before, this IDE should be almost perfect by adding in the GUI Designer a menu builder and can save (or recover) the GUI designer form.
fxm

Post by fxm »

- After the launch of a program by the menu item "Compile and run" or "Quick run", it would be better that the three menu items "Compile" & "Compile and run" & "Quick run" are dimmed (unavailable) until the program is not completed. This would avoid having the generic error message "linking failed : code error 1" if one has forgotten that the program was still active (because of execution window hidden).

- In case of compiling of one single file by the menu item "Source" -> "Compile ...", it would be better than the compiling/linking options are user defined, as for project (menu item "Project" -> "Project settings").

- The program is very slow to load large basic files.
For example : 30 seconds for a file.bas of 300 Kb, on my PC.

- Add optionally setting active paths when compiling / running (see user command in FBIde, or path automatically activated only after "Go" or "Quick run" menu item in FBEdit)
Last edited by fxm on Nov 29, 2009 21:00, edited 1 time in total.
aston

Post by aston »

Not bad...
But hey where is spirit of basic programing if you made IDE in C++.

Why you dont made new IDE in Free Basic ....?????
fxm

Post by fxm »

To get a sexy IDE, you must develop your program on a fine visual tool like visual C++ for example (presently, there is no fine visual FreeBasic).
But look at the included file "gui.bi" which is pure FreeBasic written in OOP and calling the Windows APIs.
aston

Post by aston »

sexy IDE - give me a break - IDE is not a women isn't?

So like you say this is posibile, so then ....?
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

Play nice, aston. So far you have three posts to your name here, and they've all contained complaints or demands.

If you think it's worth starting another IDE in FB, then you are welcome to try. But FB still lacks some useful OO support, and any C/C++ libraries must have their headers ported to work in FB. So in many ways it is more challenging to write such code in FB than C++.
fxm

Post by fxm »

Hello Stueber,

I have a problem understanding the properties of the checkbox control :

- The property "disable" (what for ?) has exactly the same behavior than the property "enable" (which is OK). When I look at the include file gui.bi, these two properties have the same definitions !

- How set or get the value of the checkbox (checked or unchecked) ?
In VB for example, there is the property "value".
Stueber

Post by Stueber »

gui.bi is only a preview.
I am working right now on gui.bi.
You have to wait a few days.
Stueber

New Version

Post by Stueber »

A lot of things have been added since the last release:
- sub/function list (now sorted)
- reference integration (which can be opened in tabs)
- MDI area for the designer
- great extension of gui.bi

MDI Area
All Designer windows, the preview, tools, dialog boxes, are now on a MDI area.
So you can create a program with a gui without opening the sources.

Screenshot:

gui.bi
The .bi file for the designer has been extended to several things:
- Windows have now events, too: OnPaint, OnResize, OnMove and OnClose.
- Within the OnPaint function you can use pset and line. (the line function has extra parameters)

Code: Select all

#undef line
declare sub line (byval x1 as integer, byval y1 as integer, byval x2 as integer, byval y2 as integer, byval c as dword = bgr(0,0,0), byval b as integer = 1, byval style as integer = PS_SOLID)
- List boxes have a OnChange event, that is called when the selection has been changed.
- The status of check boxes can be set with the property value
- All controls have the propertys x and y now

download >> http://users.freebasic-portal.de/stueber/ide_a10.7z
I look forward to reading your opinions. :)
fxm

Post by fxm »

Hello Stueber,

Thank you again to work seriously on this project of IDE including GUI generator.

Before testing this last release deeper, just a brief comment on the few English translations that have not been corrected (see previous messages of 28 November from TheMG and myself), plus the new tab <function> which is in German (<Funktionen>).

I now take the time to test more seriously these improvements.
TJF

Separate GUI-Designer

Post by TJF »

Hello Stueber, your project seems to get a good job. I didn't test it yet because it's not interesting for me like it is. I will never need a GUI-Designer for win-api!

Have you ever thought about developing the GUI-Designer as a separate application and call it form the IDE, like it is done in QTCreator? That way programmers may call other GUI-Designer as well (like Gazpacho, Glade3 or sometime QT-Designer).
Stueber

Post by Stueber »

I haven't planned to create a stand-alone Designer because there will be different back-ends for the included GUI-Designer. So the Designer isn't restricted to Win32 GUIs but could also generate code for GTK, wxWidgets, etc.

The GTK back-end implementation isn't finished yet, but i'm working on it.

I'm going to compile a Linux compatible version later so that linux users are also able to try out my IDE.
TJF

Post by TJF »

Good luck!
Stueber

Post by Stueber »

Here's a linux version:
http://users.freebasic-portal.de/stuebe ... a11.tar.gz

To run the IDE you need libqt-core, libqt-gui and libqt-webkit (version 4.6!) or the Qt-SDK.
The sources for 64-bit and 32-bit version are included but I have only tested the 64-bit version.
This is the latest version of the IDE, so a lot of bugs are included.
You have to create a project because single files have a critical bug.
You can test the designer but the output is Winapi, so you can't compile it :)

(sorry for grammar mistakes)
joseywales72

Post by joseywales72 »

Linux version's link gives a 404 error.