DDD2

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
rdc

DDD2

Post by rdc »

All of these little objects I have been publishing may have seemed a bit random, but were developed to support this. This version will be closer to my original vision for the game. It is not as ambitious as I had planned for SOL which makes it more doable given my crowded schedule.
Sandstorm

DDD2

Post by Sandstorm »

Nice site. I enjoyed DDD1 and hope to get my hands on DDD2. I always appreciate how-to articles. Keep up the good work.
rdc

Post by rdc »

Thanks.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Bring it on. : D
rdc

Post by rdc »

I have added some info on the game mechanics to the DDD2 page which you might find interesting.

http://rickclark58.googlepages.com/deepdeadlydungeonsii

All of this (when in a final form) will go into the game manual, so I thought I would start jotting down the notes now as I work on them.
Jocke The Beast

Post by Jocke The Beast »

I love you man :)

I was very happy to read this news Rick since I became so sad when you put SOL on hold.
Good luck with DDD2 and I will be the first to try (and probally praise) it when you are done :)
rdc

Post by rdc »

Heh. I thought you might like the news.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Nothing like the announcement of a roguelike project to bring the ol' Beast out of hiding. ; )
Jocke The Beast

:) hehe.... nice to "see" you also Ryan.
Everything good with u?
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

You bet! Passed the 2 year mark in marriage, delivered a beautiful baby girl, and just released the 2.0 version of my e-commerce software to much fanfare with some killer momentum for the next iteration. : )

Baby girl, Éowyn Grace: http://bit.ly/ykD9L

Ubercart 2.0 / its future: http://bit.ly/3GfwHa

On top of all that, I've also been making minor edits in the Roguebasin wiki and dreaming of the day I can actually complete a RL. In case you haven't heard of it before, you'll find much here to keep you entertained:

http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopment.org

All of Rick's stuff is on there. : )
rdc

Post by rdc »

Wow Ryan you have been busy. :)

Congrats on the 2 year anni and the baby girl. Oh, and that e-commerce thingy. :)

We crossed our 31st this year. So it can be done. :)
Jocke The Beast

Congratulations Ryan! Both on your private achivements and to your work. Nice pictures!

And Rick, that's a long marriage...you make me feel young...(soon to be 33 years) :)
Keep the good work up
Jocke The Beast

Btw Rick, will you release any demos or will you hold your treasure for yourself until the game is done? Whatever you decide I'm avaible for testing and bug-hunting :)

Man, now you got me all worked up over this...think I check your website about 3 times per day just to hope for updates :)
rdc

Post by rdc »

Jocke The Beast wrote:Btw Rick, will you release any demos or will you hold your treasure for yourself until the game is done? Whatever you decide I'm avaible for testing and bug-hunting :)
Heh. Drop me an email: rickclark58@gmail.com. I would love to have you bang on this for me as I work on it.
Jocke The Beast

Email sent.
Cheers!