FreeBASIC and Windows 7

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
Conexion

FreeBASIC and Windows 7

Post by Conexion »

For those who would like to test it, Windows 7 Beta is now available for download here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/

Just doing a few tests, I haven't run into any issues thus far with FreeBASIC and Windows 7. I will be continuing to test various programs and libraries, and I encourage people to try it out! (Been a good experience surprisingly so far)

Note: This is not a thread to discuss Windows Vs. Linux Vs. Mac Vs. Dos Vs.... We're talking about FreeBASIC in regards to Windows 7. Lets keep it there.

Small Screenshot:

Large Screenshot:
FreeBASIC running fbgfx_flame.bas (1680 x 1050px)
http://www.davidbradbury.us/temp/fbWin7.png
axipher

Post by axipher »

I also tried all my curren projects in Windows 7. Worked without flaws. I installed the 64-bit edition and the beat 64-bit ATI drivers and I had better FPS in my programs. Windows 7 looks better than vista and runs better than XP. Along with the compatibility, its looking pretty nice.
AlexZ

Post by AlexZ »

Windows 7 has the same design as Vista fyi.
Conexion

Post by Conexion »

AlexZ wrote:Windows 7 has the same design as Vista fyi.
Different structure, etc. Yes though, it does look very similar.
Eponasoft

Post by Eponasoft »

Windows 7 is little more than a repackaged Vista. Everything that worked in Vista should likewise work in Windows 7. My sources indicate that the only substantial difference is improved legacy software compatibility. Apparently, Microsoft pulled a bait-and-switch tactic this time since Vista's not doing as hot as they projected. But FB should run just fine in Windows 7; anyone with previous problems with certain programs built with FB should see fewer issues now.
duke4e

Post by duke4e »

I'm using win7 as main OS for few days, and all my FB programs work as they should!
marcov

Post by marcov »

duke4e wrote:I'm using win7 as main OS for few days, and all my FB programs work as they should!
A friend who also tried win7 said the old Vista problems of slow copying from network and USB devices reappeared?
axipher

Post by axipher »

I had perfectly fine USB and network transfers. When I said it looks better than vista, I was referring to the new window manager features like the "window shake" and "drag to resize" along with the much improved taskbar.
Hard

Post by Hard »

got some problems with interal apis ... process related stuff - some work ahead, lets turn left here!