Excellent!

Forum for discussion about the documentation project.
jofers

Excellent!

Post by jofers »

Great forum... great theme too :)
v1ctor
Site Admin

Post by v1ctor »

Yeah, loads of tweak were needed, but.. no freaking smiles, avatars, signatures, colors or font sizes.. no fluff, just stuff.
PeterHarder

Post by PeterHarder »

Hallo v1ctor!
v1ctor wrote:Yeah, loads of tweak were needed, but.. no freaking smiles, avatars, signatures, colors or font sizes.. no fluff, just stuff.
Why no font-sizes? And why is this fond so small? Try to read it on a Notebook with a 1280x1024 screen.

Before I liked the style "subSilver" like in the German FB-Forum also. It has a good contrast and Verdana 13px.

This Verdana 10px or 11px is nothing for my old (I'm 40+) and tired eyes... ;-)

Kind regards from Germany

Peter
v1ctor
Site Admin

Post by v1ctor »

I meant users posting with different sizes and colors, what is allowed by phpBB.

I can make it a point larger (10 to 11), but messages will have loads of line breaks, anyways..
jofers

Post by jofers »

call it an adigun muzzle. I personally like it. People abused the smilies too, I guess.

For people with poor eyes, you should be using the text-size option of your browser. Press ctrl, hold down, and then move the mouse wheel. You can make the text on the page bigger or smaller depending on whether you are scrolling up or down.
fsw

Post by fsw »

Would say that the font is about right, no need to change.

Peter,
on FireFox you can change the visible fontsize with 'Ctrl' & 'MouseWheel'.

I really like the new forum 8)

Good work Vic :)

BTW: Smilies are working fine in ascii mode...
dumbledore

Post by dumbledore »

that works in ie too, but the font can't go as big
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Heya... Are private messages busted, or we just wont have em here?
jofers

Post by jofers »

no fluff means no fluff, i guess :)
PeterHarder

Post by PeterHarder »

Hallo everybody,

I can not change the font size. At first, I have no mouse wheel. And the text-size option of the browser has here no effect, because in the CSS is the font-size in "Pixel" and not in "Percent".

Is it not possible to make more themes in the Board Style like in forum.qbasicnews.com also? No need avartars, smilys and so on, only other font-sizes, for example "Igloo 10px", "Igloo 11px", "Igloo 12px" and "Igloo 13px". There is only to change one line in the CSS for the other themes, I think. It would be nice to have the same font like the text in the wiki, that is really good to read on the screen!

Peter
jdebord

Post by jdebord »

Signatures are a convenient way of giving the URL of your project. Without signatures you have to type in the URL each time you announce an update, which is tedious and prone to error.

If this is possible, I would recommend to allow signatures in posts, since they are already enabled in the profiles.
v1ctor
Site Admin

Post by v1ctor »

This is the phpBB script stripped to be used as a simple "old-skool" message board.

People use to add huge images to signatures and stuff like that, the [www] button should be enough, imo. I may tweak the phpbb script again to strip anything but text or url's on signatures though.

PM's aren't good either, say the database is lost for some reason, you will lose any personal messages you may have exchanged - what will probably happen in qbn. With e-mails or messagers, you can keep the messages as long as you want.

No avatars, no ranks, no PM's, no ego's.. no fluff, just stuff.
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Well, I used pm's to send ideas back & forth to Rel, and to spare myself embarassment when i thought I found a bug... that wasn't actually a bug... just me staying up too long and losing my bearings. lol

I'm not whining though. I do like it without all the fluffy stuff. This page loads damn fast here! ;)
PeterHarder

Post by PeterHarder »

Hallo everybody,

I found out:
- with Firefox I can change the font-size
- it will not work with the Internet Explorer
(only, if you write in the CSS "%" instead of "px")

If I increase the font-size with Firefox, then I increase also the value for "line-heigt" so that there is a big space between the lines (for Verdana 13px is a line-heigt of 16px normal, good to read is 18px, when I increase the size with Firefox it's about 21px).

For all IE-Users - until now there is no way to change the font-size.

Peter
jofers

Post by jofers »

He's right about px, but if you use .pt font sizes you can resize the screen as well. Pt is pretty much the standard.