ERASE documentation page

Forum for discussion about the documentation project.
fxm

ERASE documentation page

Post by fxm »

'Recently changed pages' from Documentation:

Edited on 2021-05-11 22:19:33 by JoeKing [Array dimensions are not preserved with Erase. Added examples to show this case.]
- Following a change in the ERASE page by JoeKing (ecxjoe), I reedited / completed the 'Description' paragraph because:
  • - what was written before was correct and necessary,
    - but the author of the change seemed to confuse the notions of number of dimensions of an array with the upper and lower limit values of each dimension.

Former sentence:
    Using Erase on a variable-length array (array already sized) frees the memory allocated for the array elements, but the array remains declared at its same scope level (with the same datatype and number of dimensions).
    Changed sentence (JoeKing):
    Using Erase on a variable-length array (array already sized) frees the memory allocated for the array elements, and the dimensions of the array are lost (reset to -1).
    Reedited/Completed sentence (me):
    Using Erase on a variable-length array (array already sized) frees the memory allocated for the array elements, but the array remains declared at its same scope level (with the same datatype and number of dimensions), only the high/low bounds values of each dimension are reset (-1/0).
- I also added a code filename to each of the two new examples.