MP3 ReNamer

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
Rattrapmax6

MP3 ReNamer

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Gonna release what I have on this.
Name: MP3_ReNamer Bot
Code: FreeBASIC 0.17b
Type: Automated Directory Bot

This is meant to be a linux application, but I haven't been able to compile it in linux yet. So Windows only for now unless you happen to have freebasic and compile it to linux yourself until I get around to it (if you do let me know, lol).

Anyway, the idea of this directory bot is to automatically rename large groups of jumbled MP3 file names. I heard that windows has apps that do this (iTunes I think), but not so much in linux. Figured it would be an interesting challenge. Example:
blah.mp3........................(Original filename)
--------------------------------------------------------
Artist - Title - Album.mp3......(New Filename)
All that has to be done is to stick the bot (MP3_ReNamer.exe) into a directory of MP3 song files and it will stream through them and rename them. It uses the trailer of the MP3s to do this, more specifically the artist, title, and album tags. It needs at least 2 or more of those tags before it will allow the file to be renamed. In the event the tags are not found, it will skip the file automatically.
([{DISCLAIMER!}])
This is an automated renaming tool. It is not guarantied by any means not to cause damage. Use at your own risk, and make sure you back up any MP3s you wish to rename in case of a failure. I will not be held responsible for any miss use of this program. Now warned, enjoy the software.
Download MP3_ReNamer_Win32.zip
E.K.Virtanen

Post by E.K.Virtanen »

Hi Ratt.

Pretty cool one. Worked fine with Ubuntu 7.04. I emailed compiled archive to you.
Rattrapmax6

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Hey, thanks.

Okay, here is the linux bundle:
Download MP3_ReNamer_Linux.zip