VISG: visual and smart GUI builder

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Amundo

Post by Amundo »

Thank you, mrhx!!!!!!!!
AGS

Re: Opensource VISG: visual and smart GUI builder

Post by AGS »

mrhx wrote:Hi, all!
Now VISG is open under the GPLv3 license.
It's available for downloading at http://codege.org/
Thank you very much, mr. Karpov, for making VISG open source software.

And what a very interesting program it is. I wonder: how hard would it be to add a different output API? Not WIN32 API but IUP API or GTK API?

Interesting project this is.
Last edited by AGS on Jul 25, 2009 4:53, edited 1 time in total.
mrhx

Post by mrhx »

AGS wrote: how hard would it be to add a different output API? Not WIN32 API but IUP API or GTK API?
I'm not sure that present VISG can make the code for IUP, because IUP doesn't use coordinates for placing controls (as far as I know), but VISG does.
aurelVZAB

-

Post by aurelVZAB »

Exellent project...
I just download them and work very well.
AGS

Post by AGS »

mrhx wrote:
AGS wrote: how hard would it be to add a different output API? Not WIN32 API but IUP API or GTK API?
I'm not sure that present VISG can make the code for IUP, because IUP doesn't use coordinates for placing controls (as far as I know), but VISG does.
You can place controls at fixed coordinates in IUP using an IupCbox (= a concrete layout container). And since version 3.0 IUP comes with the possibility to use GTK controls instead of Windows native/Motif. So you can use GTK with widgets at a fixed position as well.

It should be possible to use IUP and widgets at fixed coordinates with either GTK, windows native widgets or motif.

I'll be releasing bindings for the latest version of the IUP library either today or tomorrow (I'm going to make it a project). And it would be nice to be able to, at some point, add VISG as a visual GUI builder for IUP.
mcbiff

Post by mcbiff »

I think VISG is great, but how do you add items to a listview (SysListView32) control?
mrhx

Post by mrhx »

mcbiff wrote:I think VISG is great, but how do you add items to a listview (SysListView32) control?
right now, visg can't add items to the listview control.
jmg

re Codge

Post by jmg »

Codge is a HOMYNYM of the root for cogitate, so it could be apt in that way as well ;)

cog·i·tate (kj-tt)
intr. & tr.v. cog·i·tat·ed, cog·i·tat·ing, cog·i·tates
To take careful thought or think carefully about; ponder. See Synonyms at think.
datwill310

Re: VISG: visual and smart GUI builder

Post by datwill310 »

Dammit! I downloaded and extracted the app and everything and McAfee (a security programme) said it was bad and DELETED THE APPLICATION FROM MY COMPUTER D:<! I'm not saying it is bad or anything because other's are having no problem (as I have noticed on this board) but McAfee thinks it is! Really annoying and don't know what to do! I'll try to write to McAfee but I'm not the one who owns the account! Anyone know any solutions? I am running McAfee SecurityCenter (and I have others but the stupid applicaton will not let me copy it all from the about dialog even though it's in a text editor >:( - will write it all out if it helps); Version 12.8, Build 12.8.992.
marcov

Post by marcov »

Simply turn off all heuristic based detections, and only allow signature based ones.
datwill310

Post by datwill310 »

OK, I can when I've got the chance - the subscription needs renewing and says my computer is not protected (utter crap as it has removed a "trojan" and almost blocked me from downloading it in the first place!), so I will need to get my dad to renew it. Thank you for the suggestion once again.
--EDIT--
I will use another GUI builder meanwhile
Tasos_1960

Post by Tasos_1960 »

Is there any site where VISG sources can be downloaded from? codege.org is just an advertising site.
Thanks
fxm

Post by fxm »

Maybe here (if I remember):
http://mrhx.ucoz.com/
(I can not access it from my professional PC)
Tasos_1960

Post by Tasos_1960 »

Thanks for your answer, frx.
Unfortunately, page points to codege.org.
Tasos
St_W

Post by St_W »

Since it is neither captured by archive.org nor locatable on the web I guess the best you could do is trying to contact the author. There's a mail address in the footer of http://mrhx.ucoz.com/. And there's another mail address on this (probably older) site: http://mrhx.narod.ru/about.htm

If you're very lucky somebody who's still active on this forum has downloaded the file back then and archived it somewhere.