Kart game... Demo[patch] update.

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
Dr_D

Kart game... Demo[patch] update.

Post by Dr_D »

I've already mentioned this in another thread, but I guess we might as well have one in the projects section too. It's a kart racing game that rel and I have been planning for a while. This is just a shot from an early beta engine that I've done. Rel had to take off to the boondocks for a while, but he's back now, so this project should really start to take off. ;)

The first one is actually from an earlier version of the engine, when I was testing the first version of the AI drivers...

This one is newer, but still doen't quite reflect the current stage of development.

We don't really have a date set to release a demo yet. Once rel gets wound up, we should probably have somethig within a week though. ;)
Last edited by Dr_D on May 21, 2006 9:54, edited 2 times in total.
anonymous1337

Post by anonymous1337 »

I was going to comment on this! I thought it would be far off topic though.

Let me just say that a few of the games and programs I've seen made in FB lately look like just the ones to bring more attention to it's full capabilities.

This is one of them. ^_~ Just from the looks.
cha0s
Site Admin

Post by cha0s »

cooool =)
Stormy

Post by Stormy »

Wow! I like it ! =) Keep working on! :)
dontmailme

Post by dontmailme »

Great, can't wait to see the finished demo.

Two questions:-

Are you going to release the source, or some of it as a Newton example :)

and what are you using for GFX..... OpenGL ? or.....
syn9

Post by syn9 »

hell yea, its nice to see another fb racing game! >D
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Yeah, source included.

Yep... FreeBASIC, OpenGL, Newton, OpenAL and Glfw. ;)
syn9

Post by syn9 »

is newton used for the collission detection?
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Yeah, it's awesome too. It's like a great big brand new toy to play with. lol
dontmailme

Post by dontmailme »

Do you have any working code snippets for Newton, apart from the one already posted in this forum that you can share ?
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

I can make something, but it probably wont be tonight. I need to get something worked out so I can send the updated code to Rel.
relsoft

Post by relsoft »

dontmailme wrote:Do you have any working code snippets for Newton, apart from the one already posted in this forum that you can share ?
The working code for newton so big. Basically doc had to spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to use Newten and sift through the reference to make a kickass engine. You also have to set some values right to make the physics work. But the engine as I see it is one hell of a cool engine. :*)
Jocke The Beast

Post by Jocke The Beast »

Looks nice guys. And with you two guys behind a project it can only be outstanding in the end. Looking forward to the release...or a demo :P
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Hey guys... I guess I might as well update this because alot has been done. Multitexturing added... AI drivers intelligence improved... Minor billboarding errors fixed... Minor loading error fixed... Turbo boost added... more details were added such as a rotating fan on the engine and the steering wheel & driver actually look as if they're steering the vehicle now. I've got a solid system down for modelling tracks, so I should be able to kick out three or four tracks to test... and then we'll post a demo. :)

rdc

Post by rdc »

Looking good!