opencv again

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
BasicCoder2

opencv again

Post by BasicCoder2 »

I had played with using opencv with Python some time ago and had wanted to use it with the RPi to grab images as a replacement for escapi.bi as there was no escpi.bi equivalent for the RPi to run my image processing efforts. Opencv was easy to install for use with Python, just a simple pip install opencv-contrib-python.

I remembered D.J.Peters had made it a available for FreeBasic as well and decided to look at it again.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28361
However fbopencv.zip would not download and when I typed its url the response was,
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /public/libs/libOpenCV/ on this server.

It was the same for opencv_win32.zip

Has anyone successfully made use of fbopencv.bi apart from D.J.Peters?
badidea

Re: opencv again

Post by badidea »

I have opencv_win64 and opencv_lin64 on my PC from March last year, see: https://nr100.home.xs4all.nl/badidea/opencv/
But, why don't you ask this question in the libopencv thread that you linked?
Last edited by badidea on Sep 03, 2021 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

But, why don't you ask this question in the libopencv thread that you linked
Clearly because I didn't realise that was what I should have done otherwise I would not have done it?

When I downloaded your opencv_win64.zip Windows10 said it was a rarely downloaded item and while extracting the file it kept saying it needs up to 10 seconds to check for viruses on every file. Then it started saying the file exists do I want to replace it. So I was worried it might conflict with opencv used with Python and I stopped the extraction. Will put it in the all too hard basket as escapi is easy to use and works fine in Windows and I will find other things to play with as regards the RPi.

This thread can be deleted.
D.J.Peters

Post by D.J.Peters »

@BasicCoder2 I don't have any problems with the download ?

Joshy
badidea

Post by badidea »

Ah, it confused me as well. You are not allowed to list the contents of http://shiny3d.de/public/libs/libOpenCV/ but you can do "save link as" on e.g.: http://shiny3d.de/public/libs/libOpenCV ... _win32.zip
When I just click the link in Chromium nothing happens. On Firefox I do get a download dialog.
BasicCoder2

Re: opencv again -- Apologies

Post by BasicCoder2 »

Apologies!!
While going through my old code I came across the opencv folder with Joshy's examples from 5th March 2020 which I had completely forgotten about!
The examples worked then and still work fine. I just didn't get around to experimenting myself as I had moved onto playing with the Arduino and other things. Clearly I have memory problems.