IUP_FB_Editor

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
BasicCoder2

Re: IUP_FB_Editor WORKS!!

Post by BasicCoder2 »

@Cretin Ho
It worked correctly for me, too. So it must be like what I said above: he must did something wrong. But it seems he preferred to rant first but not trial and error to discover and fix the problems. Others have already give every information he would need but if he continue to fail then he must ask himself why.
That is really unfair all these posts show I did not spit the dummy nor did I rant before trying to make it work. Yes I have to stop the rants most undignified! Ok I may not be the brightest crayon in the box but it is not on purpose.

It is 5am in the morning and for some reason I think more clearly in the mornings :)

As you can see below running fbnp on the old computer win10 resulted in the system error. Clearly I have to find this .dll and insert it in the folder.

I found where to set the paths in the editor so it now works on my new win10 computer. So yes nicely done VANYA :)

dodicat

Re: IUP_FB_Editor

Post by dodicat »

Also if you get the latest .chm help file, put it somewhere and set the path to the help Freebasic.
You can put your cursor on a keyword and press F1 to get direct keyword help (like fbide).
BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

@dodicat
So is this going to replace FBIDE for you?
Just noticed I set all the paths to fbc.exe with copy/paste which isn't going to work too well!
For the .chm help file?
https://sourceforge.net/projects/fbc/postdownload
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

BasicCoder2 wrote:For the .chm help file?
See: https://users.freebasic-portal.de/stw/builds/
BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

Why does the download say,
This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep freebasic_manual.chm anyway?
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

Just ignore it. It's one of those sensless Windows security "features".

Btw: you must "unblock" the .chm before use:
  • right-click it
  • click properties
  • tick unblock box
  • click apply
Now it's ready for use ...
(you'll have to go through this for every new .chm from the internet)