Deep Deadly Dungeon Updated

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
rdc

Deep Deadly Dungeon Updated

Post by rdc »

Hello folks! It has been a while.

I have gone through my old Deep Deadly Dungeons and fixed all the compile errors so it should compile under the current version of FreeBasic. There are still quite a few warnings but most, if not all, are with FMod and I didn't want to fiddle with that as it is working. If you want to try the game, press ? in the game to get a list of keyboard commands.

This was the very first roguelike that I wrote and while it isn't a great program, I wanted to get it working as a way to get familiar again with FreeBasic. I haven't even looked at an FB project in years and I have a couple of things in mind that I want to work on as I now have time to code again. I don't plan on updating the program but at some point, I may do a version 2.

Here is a link to the program in my Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssayokg0j7ts4 ... s.zip?dl=0 This includes the source and all the data files. Let me know if there is a problem with getting the files.
Roland Chastain

Re: Deep Deadly Dungeon Updated

Post by Roland Chastain »

Hello! Glad to see you here.

Thank you for your work on DDD. I have just tried to compile it under Linux Mageia 64. It compiles but doesn't link because FMOD is missing.

Does someone know where I could find FMOD binaries for Linux? I looked in Mageia package manager but didn't find anything.
rdc

Post by rdc »

Roland Chastain wrote:Does someone know where I could find FMOD binaries for Linux? I looked in Mageia package manager but didn't find anything.
I would check the FMod website. They have a Linux section so you might be able to find the libraries there.
Roland Chastain

Post by Roland Chastain »

Yes, I found the library on FMOD website (but had no success in compiling and linking the game). But I can compile the game with "cnosound" option. It seems to work.

P. S. I just had to change "\" to "/" in files path.