VFB IDE【Visual Freebasic】Like vb6@5.8.11//2023-7-6

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
xiaoyao

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic)Like vb6,vb7(Update 2020-04-30)

Post by xiaoyao »

PaulSquires wrote: Thanks for the encouragement and vote of confidence, Sheesh. :-(
I envy your technical ability is so good, you can independently develop IDE programming tools. And you have developed two. FireFly and WinFBE? Did you develop it?
However, it is not easy to complete most functions by one person, and it is easy to develop because it takes too long to develop for several years.
Like your ability, it's like b4a development tool (visual basic to develop Android APP), http://WWW.B4X.COM, free software, it is difficult to be stronger and bigger, even if it is developed according to the company's commercialization, it may not necessarily earn Money, IDE is a thankless career.
Like China's WPS, it has been developed for more than 20 years, and it is finally on the market. It is now worth about $ 14 billion. If it is not listed, it is almost at a loss to operate, and it needs to constantly update its technology to keep up with the update speed of OFFICE every two years.

My English is very poor, just use Google to translate, so there will be a lot of language errors, I am very sorry.
paul doe

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic),Like vb6,vb7

Post by paul doe »

Tourist Trap wrote:...
Hi paul doe,

I get this kind of names when I extract the files: ┤┐┤·┬Ù└²╠Ô

I guess that won't be an issue on a local chineese system, so on yours did you do something to fix this?
No no, I do get the Chinese characters. Don't worry, though. Not that it will help you a lot if they were in Chinese, no? XD

@xiaoyao: I can't seem to find the strings I need to translate the program (the ones within it, such as the options and the explanations for them). Not that it matters in the slightest, since you'll get your a$$ kicked pretty soon if you keep pushing hard enough. Now go back to the author, and tell him to kindly expose the strings needed if he wants the program to be fully translatable.
xiaoyao

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic),Like vb6,vb7

Post by xiaoyao »

paul doe wrote:
Tourist Trap wrote:...
Hi paul doe,

I get this kind of names when I extract the files: ┤┐┤·┬Ù└²╠Ô

I guess that won't be an issue on a local chineese system, so on yours did you do something to fix this?
No no, I do get the Chinese characters. Don't worry, though. Not that it will help you a lot if they were in Chinese, no? XD

@xiaoyao: I can't seem to find the strings I need to translate the program (the ones within it, such as the options and the explanations for them). Not that it matters in the slightest, since you'll get your a$$ kicked pretty soon if you keep pushing hard enough. Now go back to the author, and tell him to kindly expose the strings needed if he wants the program to be fully translatable.
I will pass it on to the IDE developers: to translate the English version of the IDE, what other interfaces do you need to open, and I will inform you later.
why i Publish our QQ chat group number: is to hope you can contact the author directly.
It seems that VB6 does not support multi-threading, you only need to modify a few lines of code. If you can contact Microsoft Bill Gates, it will definitely be resolved faster.
Of course, there are too many functions to be developed by the author himself, and there are too many bugs to be changed. Suggestions and suggestions sometimes use some "commands" to protest such emotions, which will drive people crazy.
The best way is as you said, I hope the author can publish more how to translate the entire IDE Chinese.
VB6 provides an Add-in plug-in interface mechanism, and there are ways to access each menu, modify icons, modify text, or delete menus, and move to another menu subitem location.
Last edited by xiaoyao on May 05, 2020 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
xiaoyao

Post by xiaoyao »

I also do these things for free, from yesterday afternoon to this morning, a full 18 hours, this will be almost dawn in China, at 4:30 in the morning.
There is no income to do these things, it is pure hobby, and I almost don't use Visual Freebasic.
First of all, I am not a qualified fan, so I spend a lot of time doing these things, hoping to inspire a large number of foreign Visual Basic6, Freebasic development enthusiasts to make a more powerful visual development tool.
After all, Freebasic was not invented by the Chinese, and a large number of programmers who have been engaged in Fb development for many years are the main force for the development of Vfb.
xiaoyao

Post by xiaoyao »

PaulSquires wrote: Thanks for the encouragement and vote of confidence, Sheesh. :-(
If I'm talking about a small amount of Vfb (Visual Freebasic) here, I don't know if you mind or forbid it.
After all, the software is based on the FireFly IDE that you have developed, and you are the one who knows how to use this IDE best.
If you can find a way to combine some of Winfbe's ideas and methods to VFB, it will be more convenient.
I am also interested in developing Winfbe together. Many developers around the world write different small functions together and merge them together.
This is the design idea of the "chromium" open source kernel of Google Chrome. It is too difficult to develop by one person. It is fast to develop together with more functions.

If allowed, please reply to your winfbe topic viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25215
(invitation): Welcome to my topic post to discuss some technical issues related to "VisualFreebasic ide"
Lost Zergling

Post by Lost Zergling »

@xiaoyao. I think you are right on a lot of points and also that Paul Squire is very sassy. It also seems to me quite obvious that the people of Redmond have salsify in the brain. But I must say you hit me a little on one point (the language of Shakespeare being quite deplorable, I would have liked to be able to make you enjoy a turn of phrase in French politely complex and flourished as perhaps only the Chinese language can find even more delicious subtleties), I can not do it and I am confused.
@Kuan Hsu is a Taiwanese, "Yongfang" is the author of vfb, all Chinese, maybe they will become friends.
It is most certainly involuntary and you wanted to do well, I think.
I do have absolutely no contact with Mr Kuan Hsu.
But your post is political.
Please refrain.
xiaoyao

Post by xiaoyao »

Development skills:
In the form program, double-click the button to directly generate an event, automatically switch to the code view like VB6, and directly write the event code of the button being clicked. The code intelligent prompt:
Entering more than 2 letters will give a smart prompt, such as: mes, a floating list will pop up, you can choose the MessageBox API, the code is as follows:

Code: Select all

Sub Form1_Command1_BN_Clicked (hWndForm As hWnd, hWndControl As hWnd) '
MessageBox (0, "aa", "bb", 0)
End Sub
xiaoyao

Post by xiaoyao »

After working hard for more than 20 hours, it was 6:30 in the morning, ready to rest
systemctl

Post by systemctl »

I think you should slowing down the frequency of posts (don't push it too hard, as others have suggest) and you will feel better.

We are all waiting for an English version, with the current form of the IDE is, we can't use it.

Chinese is hard. A simple Google translate can't help to accurately translate it to English. Perhaps you could ask for the help of some fellow Chinese that good at English? We can't help you to translate it. It's out of our ability.
xiaoyao

Post by xiaoyao »

systemctl wrote: We are all waiting for an English version, with the current form of the IDE is, we can't use it.
Chinese is hard. A simple Google translate can't help to accurately translate it to English. Perhaps you could ask for the help of some fellow Chinese that good at English? We can't help you to translate it. It's out of our ability.
For Chinese programmers, translating into English may be difficult, but letting Americans and French go to translate Chinese into English or other languages, the difficulty has increased several times. This is a situation that we have not considered.

First make a Chinese version, then save all the text on the IDE development tool in the language package (INI file or SQLITE database table), then the Chinese will make an English package, and then programmers in other countries will save the English Version is translated into other national languages, this is the best way.

Maybe, it ’s been almost 4 years since the VFB software was released. If you consider the English version from the beginning, and publish the project on this forum at the beginning, everyone will communicate together. Maybe it is really the best Freebasic IDE.
Although many people disagree, why not support Linux development?
In fact, it is not easy to develop an IDE independently, and the cost of making a Linux version is also quite high.
Just do a good job of WINDOWS version. If you want to support 2 platforms, the result may be nothing.
xiaoyao

Post by xiaoyao »

Some people say: Most foreign programmers don't use windows, maybe use Linux, Mac notebook to develop
With windows, the main use of VisualStudio programming

In fact, the Windows version of VFB (like VB6) is made. It is not difficult to be a Linux version of the IDE, and it is not difficult to redevelop a 50% workload?
The key is whether it is necessary, who will bear the cost?
Microsoft is also capable of developing a Linux version of VB6, why not develop it? He has money, someone
Is there a Linux version of vs2019?
Is there a Linux version of Visual Studio?
systemctl

Post by systemctl »

Oh, WPS Office, we used to use it. It's a very good alternative to Microsoft Office. But for some reasons, we switched to Softmaker FreeOffice years ago. Now there is proposal to switch to the open source LibreOffice but it's not yet decided.

I heard that Ubuntu Kylin is very popular on China. Deepin is also well known. WPS Office also has version for Linux. Why don't you consider supporting Linux?

I heard some news said China is going to switch to Linux completely.
xiaoyao

Post by xiaoyao »

systemctl wrote:Oh, WPS Office, we used to use it. It's a very good alternative to Microsoft Office. But for some reasons, we switched to Softmaker FreeOffice years ago. Now there is proposal to switch to the open source LibreOffice but it's not yet decided.

I heard that Ubuntu Kylin is very popular on China. Deepin is also well known. WPS Office also has version for Linux. Why don't you consider supporting Linux?

I heard some news said China is going to switch to Linux completely.
china have "e" language,from 2001,Cost 10 million dollars,but now have no new message.

Huawei phones are prohibited from using the latest version of Android system, laptops are prohibited from installing WINDOWS system, the technology is blocked, so I thought about developing a Linux system by myself, mainly to improve the kernel and add functions, but for now it is only used for TV TV boxes have not been officially used in mobile phone operating systems, and they have not yet replaced WINDOWS.
If you want to do an operating system, you first need to have a good IDE development tool. For example, Apple can develop its own SWIFT programming language, and China can also use Freebasic for development, or directly repair IDEs such as the open source version of VC. Unless it is completely forbidden to use Microsoft's VisualStudio development tools and other development tools, large countries have no incentive to independently develop a programming IDE.
Operating system upgrades are also costly and time consuming.
systemctl

Post by systemctl »

xiaoyao wrote:If you want to do an operating system, you first need to have a good IDE development tool. For example, Apple can develop its own SWIFT programming language, and China can also use Freebasic for development, or directly repair IDEs such as the open source version of VC. Unless it is completely forbidden to use Microsoft's VisualStudio development tools and other development tools, large countries have no incentive to independently develop a programming IDE.
Oh, I think the Chinese are really C++ fan. Don't know that FreeBASIC also has market share there. I used to see a bunch of C++ GUI libraries developed by Chinese developers. The most notable is this: https://github.com/cnjinhao/nana. Most of them are still active developed.
systemctl

Post by systemctl »

xiaoyao wrote:
systemctl wrote: We are all waiting for an English version, with the current form of the IDE is, we can't use it.
For Chinese programmers, translating into English may be difficult, but letting Americans and French go to translate Chinese into English or other languages, the difficulty has increased several times. This is a situation that we have not considered.

First make a Chinese version, then save all the text on the IDE development tool in the language package (INI file or SQLITE database table), then the Chinese will make an English package, and then programmers in other countries will save the English Version is translated into other national languages, this is the best way.

Maybe, it ’s been almost 4 years since the VFB software was released. If you consider the English version from the beginning, and publish the project on this forum at the beginning, everyone will communicate together. Maybe it is really the best Freebasic IDE.
Although many people disagree, why not support Linux development?
In fact, it is not easy to develop an IDE independently, and the cost of making a Linux version is also quite high.
Just do a good job of WINDOWS version. If you want to support 2 platforms, the result may be nothing.
Sorry. I was wrong. Google Translate has improved too much since the last time I used it. As I mostly visit English site I have no need to use it for a long time. It's capable of accurately translate the full home page of your IDE into English. I have underrated it. Now I'm realy feared about some day I would lose my job to the AIs.

So, using Google translate definitely could translate your IDE into English. It seemed the people have trouble with Chinese encoding on their systems, though.