VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
nov79
Posts: 47
Joined: Feb 23, 2020 15:31

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby nov79 » Feb 25, 2020 9:18

Thank you for this IDE. But I notice the menu items on the gtk2 version is messed up but it's normal on gtk3 version. I'm using gtk3 version for this very reason.
Xusinboy Bekchanov
Posts: 254
Joined: Jul 26, 2018 18:28

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby Xusinboy Bekchanov » Feb 25, 2020 16:53

I will update the IDE soon. This one is fixed there.
nov79 wrote:Thank you for this IDE. But I notice the menu items on the gtk2 version is messed up but it's normal on gtk3 version. I'm using gtk3 version for this very reason.

I will update the IDE soon. This one is fixed there.
nov79
Posts: 47
Joined: Feb 23, 2020 15:31

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby nov79 » Feb 29, 2020 6:41

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote:I will update the IDE soon. This one is fixed there.

Thanks.
nov79
Posts: 47
Joined: Feb 23, 2020 15:31

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby nov79 » Mar 03, 2020 15:09

Bugs: can't change theme, when select Dark theme it has no effect, even after restart the program. There is no way to change font, it's fixed to Courier, click to the button next to it did nothing, no dialog appeared to choose new font.

GTK3 version. Debian 10. Linux 4.19. XFCE4.
Xusinboy Bekchanov
Posts: 254
Joined: Jul 26, 2018 18:28

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby Xusinboy Bekchanov » Mar 03, 2020 16:05

nov79 wrote:Bugs: can't change theme, when select Dark theme it has no effect, even after restart the program. There is no way to change font, it's fixed to Courier, click to the button next to it did nothing, no dialog appeared to choose new font.

GTK3 version. Debian 10. Linux 4.19. XFCE4.

This is not done yet. Now it works only on Windows.
nov79
Posts: 47
Joined: Feb 23, 2020 15:31

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby nov79 » Mar 03, 2020 17:06

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote:
nov79 wrote:Bugs: can't change theme, when select Dark theme it has no effect, even after restart the program. There is no way to change font, it's fixed to Courier, click to the button next to it did nothing, no dialog appeared to choose new font.

GTK3 version. Debian 10. Linux 4.19. XFCE4.

This is not done yet. Now it works only on Windows.

What a pity! So practical usable IDE for FB on Linux are: PoseidonFB, IUP_FB_EDITOR and Geany. Two of them use IUP lib.
ike
Posts: 387
Joined: Jan 17, 2011 18:59

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby ike » Mar 10, 2020 20:03

Can I use MyFbFramework without VisualFBEditor and how (any simple example)?

What do I need to install on windows and what for linux?

Does it have canvas for drawing?
Xusinboy Bekchanov
Posts: 254
Joined: Jul 26, 2018 18:28

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby Xusinboy Bekchanov » Mar 11, 2020 1:20

ike wrote:Can I use MyFbFramework without VisualFBEditor and how (any simple example)?

Yes, you can. An example is available in the VisualFBEditor/Examples folder with the following contents:

Code: Select all

#Include "mff/Form.bi"
#Include "mff/CommandButton.bi"

Using My.Sys.Forms

Dim Shared frm As Form, cmd As CommandButton

Sub cmd_Click(ByRef Sender As Control)
   MsgBox "Hello"
End Sub

cmd.Text = "Click me!"
cmd.SetBounds 100, 100, 150, 30
cmd.OnClick = @cmd_Click
frm.Add @cmd

frm.Center
frm.Show

App.Run


ike wrote:What do I need to install on windows and what for linux?

For Windows, you do not need to install anything. For Linux, you may need GTK2 or GTK3, if you do not have GTK installed.
Also you can copy mff to the include folder, then you do not need to specify the -i switch in the compiler to indicate the path MyFbFramework.

ike wrote:Does it have canvas for drawing?

Yes. There is a class Canvas in the file Canvas.bi. Also included in each Container control as a property.
ike
Posts: 387
Joined: Jan 17, 2011 18:59

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby ike » Mar 16, 2020 7:50

I tested couple of controls(commandbutton, listcontrol, checkbox ). It looks promising!!

I was unable to find a way how to use canvas for drawing
Xusinboy Bekchanov
Posts: 254
Joined: Jul 26, 2018 18:28

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby Xusinboy Bekchanov » Mar 16, 2020 8:55

ike wrote:I tested couple of controls(commandbutton, listcontrol, checkbox ). It looks promising!!

I was unable to find a way how to use canvas for drawing

Here is an example:

Code: Select all

'#Compile -exx "Form1.rc"
#include once "mff/Form.bi"

Using My.Sys.Forms

'#Region "Form"
    Type Form1 Extends Form
       Declare Static Sub Form_Paint(ByRef Sender As Form, DC As HDC, R As Rect)
       Declare Constructor
       
    End Type
   
    Constructor Form1
       ' Form1
       With This
          .Name = "Form1"
          .Text = "Form1"
          .OnPaint = @Form_Paint
          .SetBounds 0, 0, 350, 300
       End With
    End Constructor
   
    Dim Shared fForm1 As Form1
   
    #ifndef _NOT_AUTORUN_FORMS_
        fForm1.Show
       
        App.Run
    #endif
'#End Region

Private Sub Form1.Form_Paint(ByRef Sender As Form, DC As HDC, R As Rect)
   fForm1.Canvas.Line 15, 15, 25, 40
   fForm1.Canvas.Rectangle 50, 50, 100, 150
   fForm1.Canvas.TextOut 160, 160, "Hello World", 0, -1
End Sub
oyster
Posts: 216
Joined: Oct 11, 2005 10:46

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby oyster » Mar 16, 2020 9:30

ike wrote:I tested couple of controls(commandbutton, listcontrol, checkbox ). It looks promising!!

I was unable to find a way how to use canvas for drawing


perhaps a seperated posts or github(or something else) project for little examples based on mff? It could be more searchable. Thanks
Xusinboy Bekchanov
Posts: 254
Joined: Jul 26, 2018 18:28

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby Xusinboy Bekchanov » Mar 16, 2020 10:59

oyster wrote:perhaps a seperated posts or github(or something else) project for little examples based on mff? It could be more searchable. Thanks

I created a new topic MyFbFramework: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28397
oyster
Posts: 216
Joined: Oct 11, 2005 10:46

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby oyster » Mar 16, 2020 11:11

I tested VisualFBEditor64.exe in VisualFBEditor.1.2.2.7z, which is from https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... r/releases, on win7 64 bits

bugs
1. service->options->compiler
you do not judge whether the used-selected compiler is empty. as a result, a null line can be added to the above "compiler path" grid if there is no compiler is selected actually

btw I think it is not necessary to let the user click "Add" again if the user has chosen a compiler. Or if the user clicks "add", a filedialog appears to let him select a compiler, once he cilck "Add" button in the filedialog, it is added; on the other hand, once "cancel" is pushed nothing is changed

2. after setting the compiler and now I can compile and run r:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Examples\Hello\Hello.bas
then I do "file -> close all", "file -> open project", I open "r:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Examples\GridData\frmGridDataTest.vfp", double "frmGridDataTest.bas", F5 says

Code: Select all

18:47:59: Compilation: "L:\prg\basic\FreeBASIC-1.07.1-win64\fbc.exe"  -b "frmGridDataTest.bas" "GridDataTest.rc"  -exx -s gui -i "R:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2/./MyFbFramework" ...

R:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Examples\GridData\SQLITE3_UTILITY.inc(83) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 4 of SQLITE3_GET_TABLE()
R:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Examples\GridData\SQLITE3_UTILITY.inc(83) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 5 of SQLITE3_GET_TABLE()
frmGridDataTest.bas(149) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
frmGridDataTest.bas(322) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
frmGridDataTest.bas(330) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
frmGridDataTest.c: In function '_ZN8GRIDDATA8DRAWRECTEP5HDC__R7tagRECTu7INTEGERS4_':
frmGridDataTest.c:77917:27: error: wrong type argument to bit-complement
   if( (struct $8HBRUSH__*)~BSELCTION$1 == (struct $8HBRUSH__*)0ull ) goto label$12602;
                           ^

18:48:05: Do not build file.



3. "file -> open" always opens filedialog with an initial path to "r:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Projects", but it could be better to use the latest used one

4. If I have closed all the project, and do "file -> Close project" more times, then VisualFBEditor64.exe stops responding to any operation and closed automatically after seconds

5. sometimes no "property editor" window is shown if I right-click the control and choose "Properties". But we can find the tab labels( Properties, Events) on the right side. Sorry, I don't know how to make this appear again.
Xusinboy Bekchanov
Posts: 254
Joined: Jul 26, 2018 18:28

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby Xusinboy Bekchanov » Mar 16, 2020 11:55

oyster wrote:I tested VisualFBEditor64.exe in VisualFBEditor.1.2.2.7z, which is from https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... r/releases, on win7 64 bits

bugs
1. service->options->compiler
you do not judge whether the used-selected compiler is empty. as a result, a null line can be added to the above "compiler path" grid if there is no compiler is selected actually

btw I think it is not necessary to let the user click "Add" again if the user has chosen a compiler. Or if the user clicks "add", a filedialog appears to let him select a compiler, once he cilck "Add" button in the filedialog, it is added; on the other hand, once "cancel" is pushed nothing is changed

Thanks, I shall think about it.
oyster wrote:2. after setting the compiler and now I can compile and run r:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Examples\Hello\Hello.bas
then I do "file -> close all", "file -> open project", I open "r:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Examples\GridData\frmGridDataTest.vfp", double "frmGridDataTest.bas", F5 says

Code: Select all

18:47:59: Compilation: "L:\prg\basic\FreeBASIC-1.07.1-win64\fbc.exe"  -b "frmGridDataTest.bas" "GridDataTest.rc"  -exx -s gui -i "R:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2/./MyFbFramework" ...

R:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Examples\GridData\SQLITE3_UTILITY.inc(83) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 4 of SQLITE3_GET_TABLE()
R:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Examples\GridData\SQLITE3_UTILITY.inc(83) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 5 of SQLITE3_GET_TABLE()
frmGridDataTest.bas(149) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
frmGridDataTest.bas(322) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
frmGridDataTest.bas(330) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
frmGridDataTest.c: In function '_ZN8GRIDDATA8DRAWRECTEP5HDC__R7tagRECTu7INTEGERS4_':
frmGridDataTest.c:77917:27: error: wrong type argument to bit-complement
   if( (struct $8HBRUSH__*)~BSELCTION$1 == (struct $8HBRUSH__*)0ull ) goto label$12602;
                           ^

18:48:05: Do not build file.



Now I also checked, GridDataTest only works in 32-bit mode. I'll see.
oyster wrote:3. "file -> open" always opens filedialog with an initial path to "r:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Projects", but it could be better to use the latest used one

Yes, we can do that. For new files we can use this folder.
oyster wrote:4. If I have closed all the project, and do "file -> Close project" more times, then VisualFBEditor64.exe stops responding to any operation and closed automatically after seconds

It happened to me too. We will fix it.
oyster wrote:5. sometimes no "property editor" window is shown if I right-click the control and choose "Properties". But we can find the tab labels( Properties, Events) on the right side. Sorry, I don't know how to make this appear again.

This is also a bug. Also need to fix it. It turns out that the width has decreased. Tapping twice, restore the property bar.
oyster
Posts: 216
Joined: Oct 11, 2005 10:46

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby oyster » Mar 16, 2020 12:22

aha, I just downloaded and tested VisualFBEditor for just a few minutes. It seems I should test it again after a long time.
Maybe I should go to buy a lottery now.

Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests