VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
aurelVZAB

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Post by aurelVZAB »

Thank you man
Now is good ..well project without screenshot is nothing ...
Every body first look on image then do other things ..
all best
aurelVZAB

Post by aurelVZAB »

i download and tried..
well it is really nice !
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Post by Xusinboy Bekchanov »

Thanks for the good review.
JohnK_RQ

Post by JohnK_RQ »

I really like this project, reminds me of VB6 / RapidQ for which there is a TON of source code. Sorry if asked before, when I load VisualFBEditor the compiler is auto set to d:\..... is there a way for your app to auto search for common FB compiler paths at runtime? Is the plan to be able to read in old vb projects to convert to FreeBasic?
Xusinboy Bekchanov

JohnK_RQ wrote:I really like this project, reminds me of VB6 / RapidQ for which there is a TON of source code. Sorry if asked before, when I load VisualFBEditor the compiler is auto set to d:\..... is there a way for your app to auto search for common FB compiler paths at runtime?
We can do that too.
JohnK_RQ wrote: Is the plan to be able to read in old vb projects to convert to FreeBasic?
TwinBasic, which is 100% compatible with VB6, should be out in February, so I don't think about it.
oyster

Post by oyster »

JohnK_RQ wrote:
TwinBasic, which is 100% compatible with VB6, should be out in February, so I don't think about it.
I have met many so-called VB6-compatible xxBASIC. But all turns out to be a liar.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

oyster wrote: I have met many so-called VB6-compatible xxBASIC. But all turns out to be a liar.
February is one month away. We'll see.
YogiYang

Post by YogiYang »

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote:TwinBasic, which is 100% compatible with VB6, should be out in February, so I don't think about it.
What is TwinBasic? Is it another set of compilers or something? And how relevant it is to FreeBasic?

TIA

Yogi Yang
Xusinboy Bekchanov

YogiYang wrote:
Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote:TwinBasic, which is 100% compatible with VB6, should be out in February, so I don't think about it.
What is TwinBasic? Is it another set of compilers or something? And how relevant it is to FreeBasic?

TIA

Yogi Yang
There is no relevance to FreeBasic. I said this because one person asked if there are plans to import/convert VB6 projects.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote:
JohnK_RQ wrote:I really like this project, reminds me of VB6 / RapidQ for which there is a TON of source code. Sorry if asked before, when I load VisualFBEditor the compiler is auto set to d:\..... is there a way for your app to auto search for common FB compiler paths at runtime?
We can do that too.
Done:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... 8625789f75
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... b051410f3a
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/My ... 03955cce52
YogiYang

Post by YogiYang »

We can do that too.
Done:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... 8625789f75
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... b051410f3a
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/My ... 03955cce52
That is great and mighty fast!!
robert

Post by robert »

Hi Xusinboy:

Thank you for your development and improvement of this tool.

During install, I had this problem

Code: Select all

fbc.exe -b "..\MyFbFramework\mff\mff.bi" -dll -x "..\MyFbFramework\mff64.dll" "..\MyFbFramework\mff\mff.rc"
Error!
Line 7 of Resource Script (..\MyFbFramework\mff\mff.RC):-
Could not find file:-
../resources/Animate.png
I resolved it by putting the full paths to the resources in the mff.rc. I think it may be a problem with GoRC not being able to deal with relative paths ???
Xusinboy Bekchanov

robert wrote: I resolved it by putting the full paths to the resources in the mff.rc. I think it may be a problem with GoRC not being able to deal with relative paths ???
Hi, robert. GoRC relative paths know, for that the current directory must be correct.

Thank you for reporting this, I have changed the ReadMe:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... 1d5af207ef
robert

Post by robert »

Hi Xusinboy:

I'm trying to compile latest GitHub VisualFBEditor with latest GitHub FBC 1.0.8 on Linux Fedora 33. Is it possible? Can you help me?

fbc "VisualFBEditor.bas" -x "../VisualFBEditor64_gtk3" -i "../MyFbFramework"

/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4629) error 18: Element not defined, Msg
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4630) error 42: Variable not declared, CM_NOTIFY
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4630) error 3: Expected End-of-Line, found 'CM_NOTIFY'
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4631) error 14: Expected identifier, found 'NMTREEVIEW'
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4633) error 28: Expected pointer, before '->'
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4634) error 42: Variable not declared, TVN_ITEMEXPANDING
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4634) error 3: Expected End-of-Line, found 'TVN_ITEMEXPANDING'
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4720) error 42: Variable not declared, sourcenb
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4720) error 3: Expected End-of-Line, found 'sourcenb'
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4721) error 42: Variable not declared, source
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4721) error 133: Too many errors, exiting

Xusinboy Bekchanov

robert wrote:Hi Xusinboy:

I'm trying to compile latest GitHub VisualFBEditor with latest GitHub FBC 1.0.8 on Linux Fedora 33. Is it possible? Can you help me?

fbc "VisualFBEditor.bas" -x "../VisualFBEditor64_gtk3" -i "../MyFbFramework"

/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4629) error 18: Element not defined, Msg
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4630) error 42: Variable not declared, CM_NOTIFY
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4630) error 3: Expected End-of-Line, found 'CM_NOTIFY'
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4631) error 14: Expected identifier, found 'NMTREEVIEW'
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4633) error 28: Expected pointer, before '->'
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4634) error 42: Variable not declared, TVN_ITEMEXPANDING
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4634) error 3: Expected End-of-Line, found 'TVN_ITEMEXPANDING'
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4720) error 42: Variable not declared, sourcenb
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4720) error 3: Expected End-of-Line, found 'sourcenb'
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4721) error 42: Variable not declared, source
/home/robert/Dev/FB/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(4721) error 133: Too many errors, exiting

Corrected:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... 3986f91e6f