IUP_FB_EDITOR (simple development environment)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
VANYA
Posts: 1255
Joined: Oct 24, 2010 15:16
Location: Ярославль
Contact:

Re: IUP_FB_EDITOR (simple development environment)

Postby VANYA » Nov 14, 2017 8:52

Hi ALL!

Using IupRefresh a warning appears on Linux:

Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text().


So I tried to use:

IupRefreshChildren(TGlobalVariables->split)

I have a problem with updating the window no. Can anybody check if there are any problems? In order to try it is necessary:

In file tabs.bi string:

IupRefreshChildren(TGlobalVariables->tabs)

replace :

IupRefreshChildren(TGlobalVariables->split)
Kuan Hsu
Posts: 287
Joined: Sep 16, 2007 15:12
Location: Taiwan

Re: IUP_FB_EDITOR (simple development environment)

Postby Kuan Hsu » Nov 15, 2017 12:29

VANYA wrote:Hi ALL!

Using IupRefresh a warning appears on Linux:

Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text().


So I tried to use:

IupRefreshChildren(TGlobalVariables->split)

I have a problem with updating the window no. Can anybody check if there are any problems? In order to try it is necessary:

In file tabs.bi string:

IupRefreshChildren(TGlobalVariables->tabs)

replace :

IupRefreshChildren(TGlobalVariables->split)

I download iup_fb_editor64linux.zip from SF but couldn't run it and display:
(fbnp:7114): Gtk-ERROR **: GTK+ 2.x symbols detected. Using GTK+ 2.x and GTK+ 3 in the same process is not supported
So I download the sources and re-build it everything are OK, my system is Linux mint 18.2, Cinnamon (64-bit), IUP 3.23 Installed

Then I test IupRefresh(TGlobalVariables->tabs) or IupRefreshChildren(TGlobalVariables->split) both are OK without warning message, TGlobalVariables->tabs is a son of TGlobalVariables->split ( another is TGlobalVariables->buildbox )...^^
VANYA
Posts: 1255
Joined: Oct 24, 2010 15:16
Location: Ярославль
Contact:

Re: IUP_FB_EDITOR (simple development environment)

Postby VANYA » Nov 15, 2017 16:23

Hi Kuan Hsu!

Thank you for testing!

(fbnp:7114): Gtk-ERROR **: GTK+ 2.x symbols detected. Using GTK+ 2.x and GTK+ 3 in the same process is not supported


I'm not a Linux expert, so I do not even know why this is happening. After all, I also have Linux mint 18.2, but everything works. Probably on Linux, however, it's always right to always compile from the source files, and the compiled modules seem to cause different problems for different reasons.
AGS
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sep 25, 2007 0:26
Location: the Netherlands

Re: IUP_FB_EDITOR (simple development environment)

Postby AGS » Nov 20, 2017 1:44

Downloaded your editor and found some issues with it (I am assuming the editor is far from complete but I figured I'd post a bug report anyway).

For starters I found a small typo in a menu.
Edit->Convert Simvols to
should read
Menu Edit -> Convert Symbols to
(changed Simvols to Symbols)

The typo actually is not the problem but the problem does have to do with changing the case of symbols.

Using Convert Symbols to enables the user to toggle/change the case of user defined symbols (case of keywords remains unchanged).

This seems to work fine on a function header. Example.
Step 1. Select the following text.

Code: Select all

Function do_something(Byval a As Integer, Byval d As Integer) As Integer


Step 2. Toggle case to upper.

Code: Select all

Function DO_SOMETHING(Byval A As Integer, Byval D As Integer) As Integer


If I copy the selected text from your editor and paste it into another editor (or into a browser or into ...) the case of every symbol has changed to
uppercase (not just the symbols). Which means the pasted text looks like this

Code: Select all

FUNCTION DO_SOMETHING(BYVAL A AS INTEGER, BYVAL D AS INTEGER) AS INTEGER


Using some other scintilla based editor changes in case work as expected (copy - paste works as expected: no unexpected changes in case).
So the problem seems to be with your editor and not so much with scintilla.

When changing the case of the following line (select line then Ctrl - U)

Code: Select all

#macro example(a,b,c)


I get the following result

Code: Select all

#MACRO EXAMPLE(A,B,C)


The case of macro should not have changed to UPPERCASE (macro is a freebasic keyword). I would have expect the output to be

Code: Select all

#macro EXAMPLE(A,B,C)


Same thing happens when using #define or any other preprocessor directive.

Aside: I am working on an iup example myself (iup is nice).

Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests