Fodix - File Analyser

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
xlucas

Fodix - File Analyser

Post by xlucas »

Hi, guys! Well, I've been working on this project for a long time and I was thinking the source code was so messy that I'd rewrite it, but it's already so advanced, that at least I would like to post the program. It's already useful. It's basically a binary editor with a huge bunch of tools on top and it weighs less than 2 megs.

http://www.dimioca.com/fodix

So... it's a zip file containing the executables for windows, linux 32 bit and linux 64 bit, plus all the data files. It's portable. You just place it in a directory and run it. But you always need to run it with a file, either from the console, or by dragging the binary file on top of the executable. I want to make it just run and allow you to browse the directories for a file, but I think I'll leave that for the source code rewrite. Believe me... it's a mess. Otherwise, I'd post it with the excutables XD

Some things are not finished and it has a few bugs, but I'm sure many of you will find it useful. I've looked for similar projects and found a few, but nothing is quite like it, so if you guys test it and can give me any feedback, I'll appreciate it a lot. If you're curious and you want to run it, but you have some doubts about what it is or how it works, just ask. Thank you! :)

IMPORTANT: This program can modify binary files of virtually any size. When you just open a file, editing is disabled and you can enable it by clicking on the pencil button. Once editing is enabled, any change you make will be immediately written to the file. So while experimenting, better start using a copy of a binary file that you can afford losing.