FbDebugger aborts before starting to debug executable

General FreeBASIC programming questions.
wallyg

FbDebugger aborts before starting to debug executable

Post by wallyg »

I am using an up to date windows 7 machine. I have the Aug 2016 version of the debugger. I am using 1.0.5 of FB. I am also using GTK 3.8 and the GladeToBac program. As a standalone the executable works fine.

When using the debugger on the same executable, it starts to the load file, takes about 15 seconds without changing the initial screens, then pops up two very very quick small Window windows which goes away almost immediately and then Windows pops up an error window and states the system died.

I was wondering if the program is too large and is causing the debugger to exceed some internal limit. The last message was "Loading debug tables". The executable is almost 1.2 meg. It has about 700 routines all compiled in debug mode. Almost 1000 global symbols (almost all from GladeToBac).

One of the GadeToBac routines contains almost 450K characters in 10,250 lines and contains mostly a string of the Glade XML.

Wally
SARG

Re: FbDebugger aborts before starting to debug executable

Post by SARG »

Hi wallyg,

Hard to say exactly what is happening.
However 15 seconds for loading is too much. I guess you're right there is an overrunning somewhere and not checked otherwise a messagebox is used to inform the user before closing fbdebugger.

700 routines and 1000 globals are very under the limits.

Send me the exe, no need the source code for now. I'll (try to) solve this issue.
debug [at] aliceadsl.fr