leopardpm wrote:I am getting side-tracked on my RLE blit routine... once I get some results then I will come back and look better at your code here...
RLE blit sounds interesting. I'm assuming the goal is to obtain speed?
well, kinda.... for automatically dealing with isometric layering with the 'wide sprites' issue, etc... I need more access to info than I can get through the 'custom' function of the PUT statement. The FB PUT (pset) is extremely fast, but also limited... the FB PUT(alpha) is nice, but so sloooow. I want a blit that is fast, and does some more stuff... already my basic blit(pset version) is faster in some instances compared to the FB PUT(pset), so I think my goal is achievable..
I don't mind posting code but I think it's more efficient to have the game on google drive due to its size.(and it uses images and data files)
sounds good... I will wait for your link!
I will upload my latest version as soon as I can get to work on windows. I must be doing something wrong because my game runs on linux but crashes on Windows.
weird bug... I know nothing of FB on linux, so can't help with that issue...
Combat is just a chain reaction right now. If I attack an enemy with my player that agent will fight back. If he wins he hunts down another enemy and the process starts over. Winners keep hunting new enemies until only one side is left. I plan to change this to more intelligent behavior soon.
still sounds fun to watch for a bit!
The fsm is probably the sloppiest bit of code in my game. I'm considering looking in to goap again.
I do like goap, but we didn't exactly get it down perfectly last time we endeavored to test it... but we got close! Once I get this bltting thing out of my head, I can then put effort into goap or elsewhere... even though the graphics and stuff are different from what I would do, I really like the genre and enjoy helping you in your project - I think it will be a fun little game!