WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated November 7, 2019)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
sancho2
Posts: 547
Joined: May 17, 2015 6:41

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows

Postby sancho2 » Dec 06, 2016 8:08

This is what the .ini is at right now:

Code: Select all

'  WINFBE CONFIGURATION

[Editor]
MultipleInstances= 1
CompileAutosave= 1
CloseFuncList= 1
HideCompile= 0
SyntaxHighlighting= 1
Codetips= 1
LeftMargin= 1
FoldMargin= 1
AutoIndentation= 1
ConfineCaret= 0
LineNumbering= 1
HighlightCurrentLine= 1
IndentGuides= 1
TabIndentSpaces= 1
UnicodeEncoding= 0
KeywordCase= 2
LocalizationFile=english.lang
TabSize=3
EditorFontname=Courier New
EditorFontsize=10
EditorFontCharSet=Default

[Startup]
StartupLeft= 0
StartupTop= 0
StartupRight= 938
StartupBottom= 665
StartupMaximized=-1
ShowExplorer= 0
ShowExplorerWidth= 250

[Compiler]
FBWINCompiler32={CURDRIVE}:\Program Files (x86)\FreeBASIC1.05\fbc.exe
FBWINCompiler64={CURDRIVE}:\FB\FreeBASIC-1.05.0-win64\fbc.exe
CompilerSwitches=
CompilerHelpfile={CURDRIVE}:\Program Files (x86)\FreeBASIC\fb.chm
Win32APIHelpfile=
DefaultCompiler=FBC 32bit
DefaultCompileMode=GUI

[MRU]
MRU_00={CURDRIVE}:\Freebasic Stuff\ImageGrid\ImageGrid.bas
MRU_01={CURDRIVE}:\Freebasic Stuff\WinFBE-master\Sample_Projects\ImageCtx_Demo\ImageCtx_Demo.bas
MRU_02={CURDRIVE}:\FB\WinFBE\src\WinFBE.rc
MRU_03={CURDRIVE}:\FB\WinFBE\src\windowsxx.bi
MRU_04={CURDRIVE}:\FB\WinFBE\src\modToolbar.inc
MRU_05={CURDRIVE}:\FB\WinFBE\src\modScintilla.bi
MRU_06={CURDRIVE}:\FB\WinFBE\src\modSciLexer.bi
MRU_07={CURDRIVE}:\FB\WinFBE\src\modHelp.inc
MRU_08={CURDRIVE}:\FB\WinFBE\src\modCBColor.inc
MRU_09={CURDRIVE}:\FB\WinFBE\src\frmReplace.inc

[MRUPROJECTS]
MRUPROJECT_00={CURDRIVE}:\Freebasic Stuff\ImageGrid\testproj.wfbe
MRUPROJECT_01={CURDRIVE}:\Freebasic Stuff\SimpleXML\wfbetest.wfbe
MRUPROJECT_02={CURDRIVE}:\Freebasic Stuff\SimpleXML\SimpleXML.wfbe
MRUPROJECT_03=
MRUPROJECT_04=
MRUPROJECT_05=
MRUPROJECT_06=
MRUPROJECT_07=
MRUPROJECT_08=
MRUPROJECT_09=

[Colors]
clrCaretFG= 16777215
clrCaretBG=-1
clrCommentsFG= 65280
clrCommentsBG= 0
clrHighlightedFG= 8388608
clrHighlightedBG=-1
clrKeywordFG= 16750899
clrKeywordBG= 0
clrFoldMarginFG= 15461613
clrFoldMarginBG=-1
clrFoldSymbolFG= 16777215
clrFoldSymbolBG= 0
clrLineNumbersFG= 0
clrLineNumbersBG= 12895428
clrBookmarksFG= 0
clrBookmarksBG= 16711680
clrOperatorsFG= 196
clrOperatorsBG= 0
clrIndentGuidesFG= 16777215
clrIndentGuidesBG= 0
clrPreprocessorFG= 26367
clrPreprocessorBG= 0
clrSelectionFG= 16777215
clrSelectionBG= 16750899
clrStringsFG= 8388589
clrStringsBG= 0
clrTextFG= 16777215
clrTextBG= 0
clrWinAPIFG= 16711680
clrWinAPIBG= 0
clrWindowFG= 0
clrWindowBG=-1
sancho2
Posts: 547
Joined: May 17, 2015 6:41

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows

Postby sancho2 » Dec 06, 2016 8:18

Something has gone wrong with my installation (I think). I now cannot close any project without a crash.
Tomorrow I will try a reinstall.
Mysoft
Posts: 773
Joined: Jul 28, 2005 13:56
Location: Brazil, Santa Catarina, Indaial (ouch!)
Contact:

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows

Postby Mysoft » Dec 06, 2016 14:14

PaulSquires wrote:
Mysoft wrote:lol even on freebasic forum there are losers who are so idiots that can't make programs that work on lastest version of windows... i.e. windows XP... no wonder everytime i come here... the number of idiots just increased from the previous time...

Not sure I understand the intent of your post. Are you saying that because I built this program to purposely use new Windows api's that I am a loser and an idiot? If that's the case then you sir are an <insert derogatory adjective here>. I certainly don't have to defend my programming reputation to you.


yes... not only you... but anybody who does that without making sure it will run on the real windows that is XP.... are losers... there are exceptions... of people that do it by accident... but those who know what they are doing and don't care.... and worse... think that they really NEED that.... those are indeed losers :)

and sure don't defend... there's no defense for this crime... but i just wanted to state that.... so no flamming for that... then this is my last comment on this topic.
PaulSquires
Posts: 785
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 23:41
Contact:

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows

Postby PaulSquires » Dec 06, 2016 15:04

Mysoft wrote:
PaulSquires wrote:
Mysoft wrote:lol even on freebasic forum there are losers who are so idiots that can't make programs that work on lastest version of windows... i.e. windows XP... no wonder everytime i come here... the number of idiots just increased from the previous time...

Not sure I understand the intent of your post. Are you saying that because I built this program to purposely use new Windows api's that I am a loser and an idiot? If that's the case then you sir are an <insert derogatory adjective here>. I certainly don't have to defend my programming reputation to you.


yes... not only you... but anybody who does that without making sure it will run on the real windows that is XP.... are losers... there are exceptions... of people that do it by accident... but those who know what they are doing and don't care.... and worse... think that they really NEED that.... those are indeed losers :)

and sure don't defend... there's no defense for this crime... but i just wanted to state that.... so no flamming for that... then this is my last comment on this topic.


hahaha, you had my attention until you said " ...will run on the real windows that is XP". I wish you luck in your endeavour to be a relevant programmer in 2017 because the world of programming has certainly passed you by. Windows XP is indeed a good operating system but as a developer you need to move on. If I were developing a consumer based program aimed at the masses, then yes, I would program for the lowest common denominator which would be in the Windows XP space (at least for a couple of more years). However, as a programmer developing tools for other programmers, my base operating system compatibility will be Windows Vista until that system also becomes no longer supported by Microsoft. Sure, even the Windows Vista api's are now 10 years old.

BTW, calling people idiots and losers makes you seem small and childish... like a 12 year old Call of Duty Xbox player.
exjoburgr
Posts: 4
Joined: May 27, 2015 14:58
Location: USA

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows

Postby exjoburgr » Dec 06, 2016 16:58

Thank you Paul for this great IDE. It is really appreciated.
Imortis
Moderator
Posts: 1635
Joined: Jun 02, 2005 15:10
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows

Postby Imortis » Dec 06, 2016 17:58

PaulSquires:

This is the first time I have had a real chance to sit down and start using WinFBE. It looks promising. I notice you put the code out there and made it available. Are you looking for or taking code for this? I don't know if I am able, but I would love to help out where I can.
PaulSquires
Posts: 785
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 23:41
Contact:

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows

Postby PaulSquires » Dec 06, 2016 20:26

Imortis wrote:This is the first time I have had a real chance to sit down and start using WinFBE. It looks promising. I notice you put the code out there and made it available. Are you looking for or taking code for this? I don't know if I am able, but I would love to help out where I can.

Hi Imortis, thanks for trying out the editor. Yes, still plenty of work to do. My longer term goal is to build a visual designer on top of the editor. Luckily, I can borrow a lot of code from my FireFly Visual Designer for that task. However, obviously the core editor code needs to be super stable and complete before adding a visual designer.

I would love to hear any suggestions or code contributions. You can certainly post here, send pull request on GitHub, email me privately at support@planetsquires.com or join my forum over on planetsquires.com (lots of Windows specific code over there and also lots of discussion related to this editor and amazing code Jose Roca has created for FB in the Windows space).
cdavidson
Posts: 18
Joined: Sep 10, 2007 12:32

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows

Postby cdavidson » Dec 06, 2016 20:50

PaulSquires:

I thank you also for this IDE and all of the other contributions which you make (and have made) to the community. You would have no need to defend your reputation to anyone.

As a professional developer who (until recently ) worked on large programs for commercial, aerospace and military, I can say that we had to drop XP support quite some time ago even though XP was one of my personal favorite Operating Systems. Microsoft really leaves us no choice but to move on if we intend to remain relevant (relevant in the Microsoft world that is :-) ).

Thanks again.
PaulSquires
Posts: 785
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 23:41
Contact:

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows

Postby PaulSquires » Dec 06, 2016 23:12

cdavidson wrote:PaulSquires:

I thank you also for this IDE and all of the other contributions which you make (and have made) to the community. You would have no need to defend your reputation to anyone.

As a professional developer who (until recently ) worked on large programs for commercial, aerospace and military, I can say that we had to drop XP support quite some time ago even though XP was one of my personal favorite Operating Systems. Microsoft really leaves us no choice but to move on if we intend to remain relevant (relevant in the Microsoft world that is :-) ).

Thanks again.

Awesome! Thanks for the support :-) If you have suggestions or can help with this editor project then please do. I am certainly open to all suggestions and criticisms of the editor's functionality and the source code behind it.
sancho2
Posts: 547
Joined: May 17, 2015 6:41

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows

Postby sancho2 » Dec 09, 2016 5:42

I re-installed from the zip file and it seems I am able to save projects without a problem.
I copied the modified settings .ini from my old install over to the new one, and I still have not noticed a problem saving or exiting.
I am not sure what happened to foul my previous installation.
Thanks.
PaulSquires
Posts: 785
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 23:41
Contact:

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows

Postby PaulSquires » Dec 09, 2016 15:22

sancho2 wrote:I re-installed from the zip file and it seems I am able to save projects without a problem.
I copied the modified settings .ini from my old install over to the new one, and I still have not noticed a problem saving or exiting.
I am not sure what happened to foul my previous installation.
Thanks.

Thanks Sancho - that's great news to hear as I was having a huge problem trying to recreate your error.
sancho2
Posts: 547
Joined: May 17, 2015 6:41

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows

Postby sancho2 » Dec 10, 2016 2:24

Hello Paul:
I gave your IDE this code coloring stress test:

Code: Select all

Dim As /'no way'/ Integer x = 12

x +_ This Is Not good
= 1

Print "this is crazy" /'don't code like this'/,x

sleep

Your editor makes the following mistakes:
1. For the block comment char /' it colors all instances of the forward slash as the integer division char.
2. It does not recognize the end of block comment char '/ .
3. It ignored the line continuation char and colors text after it on the same line. (FBEdit does the same)

The code compiles without error and runs as expected.

A couple of questions:
When I ran the code as is, it ran but I could not find a console window. I had to shut it down with the task manager. I added a screenres command and that window was drawn. When FBEdit runs code like this outside of a project, it pops up a console window. Whats happening in WinFBE? Did I miss something?

I notice a folder with template files. I can't seem to find any way to implement a template or save a file as a template. How do I work with templates?
sancho2
Posts: 547
Joined: May 17, 2015 6:41

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows

Postby sancho2 » Dec 10, 2016 2:38

There is a problem with recent files handling. It ignores a new file.
To replicate:
Outside of a project, open a new code file.
Save file.
Exit and restart editor and you should see that your file was not added to the recent files list.

I just now saw that you have a ver. 1.1 on GitHub.
I am still using 1.0.
PaulSquires
Posts: 785
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 23:41
Contact:

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows

Postby PaulSquires » Dec 10, 2016 14:12

sancho2 wrote:Your editor makes the following mistakes:
1. For the block comment char /' it colors all instances of the forward slash as the integer division char.
2. It does not recognize the end of block comment char '/ .
3. It ignored the line continuation char and colors text after it on the same line. (FBEdit does the same)

Thanks sancho, yes work needs to be done for the syntax highlighter and the cold folding logic. I need to build a better FB lexer via C++ code and recompile the scintilla editing DLL component.

When I ran the code as is, it ran but I could not find a console window. I had to shut it down with the task manager. I added a screenres command and that window was drawn. When FBEdit runs code like this outside of a project, it pops up a console window. Whats happening in WinFBE? Did I miss something?

Most likely you are running the code in GUI mode. Look at the second panel in the statusbar. Does it say GUI or CONSOLE? Click on it to toggle the mode or change it via the "Compile" top menu.

I notice a folder with template files. I can't seem to find any way to implement a template or save a file as a template. How do I work with templates?

This is something that Jose Roca has created. Jose talks a bit about the format here: http://www.planetsquires.com/protect/fo ... 0#msg28450
PaulSquires
Posts: 785
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 23:41
Contact:

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows

Postby PaulSquires » Dec 10, 2016 14:15

sancho2 wrote:There is a problem with recent files handling. It ignores a new file.
To replicate:
Outside of a project, open a new code file.
Save file.
Exit and restart editor and you should see that your file was not added to the recent files list.

Thanks sancho, this is now fixed. :-)

Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests