WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.1.0 June 4, 2023)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated February 18, 2020)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 2.0.4 (February 18, 2020)
- Added: UpDown control.
- Changed: StatusBar Panels are now OwnerDraw which allowed for defining Fore/ForeHot/Back/BackHot Colors, on a per-Panel basis.
- Changed: Use of StatusBar BorderStyle is now deprecated as it has no effect in WinFBE programs where Windows Themes are enabled.
- Changed: StatusBar Panel ToolTips now act like regular tooltips and are not restricted by the limitations per the SB_SETTIPTEXT Win32 message documentation.
- Changed: New Chinese lanuage file thanks to ganlinlao.
- Fixed: Regression in WinForms code whereby KeyDown, KeyUp and KeyPress fired twice instead of once.
- Fixed: ListView possible GPF when invoking Items Clear method (disabled redraw of ListView to prevent accessing a now deleted Item).
- Fixed: The Width and MinWidth properties of StatusBar Panels were not being generated in code correctly.
- Fixed: StatusBar Panels with AutoSize set to Contents were not calculating space needed for any associated Panel image.
- Fixed: StatusBar Panel with AutoSize set to Spring can now be any panel (not just the last panel). However, only one panel can be designated as Spring.
- Fixed: An assigned Button control Image would not necessarily display the correct size at design time.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated February 19, 2020)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 2.0.5 (February 19, 2020)
- Fixed: Multiple Tab Controls on a form would result in code generation error.
- Fixed: Regression: Forms with StatusBar would make ListBoxes and Labels not display their contents.
- Fixed: If no valid Menu items exist then "Display on Form" checkbox in the Menu Editor is cleared and no menu code is generated.

PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated February 22, 2020)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 2.0.6 (February 22, 2020)
- Added: Refresh method for the StatusBar Panel class so only a particular Panel is redrawn rather than the whole statusbar.
- Added: The WinFBE.ini config file is automatically reloaded should an external tool or program modify it (prior to this change it was only reloaded before to a compile).
- Added: Some missing codetips for StatusBar Panels and UpDown control.
- Changed: Image filenames are now stored in the form files as relative paths to the form file.
- Fixed: Crash in certain cases when attempting to invoke the "Open Templates" dialog (via the menu or dropdown toolbar button).
- Fixed: Changing StatusBar text at runtime did not immediately update the text displayed in the panel.
- Fixed: Listview would crash if Listview.BeginUpdate was followed by Listview.Items.Clear.
- Fixed: Frame controls could "disappear" if a modal dialog was shown during the Form's Load event.
- Fixed: MenuEditor crash if trying to Insert new item prior to first item in list (WinFBE64.exe).
- Fixed: ListBox ItemHeight not properly returned when multiple ListBoxes existed on a Form.

deltarho[1859]

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated February 22, 2020)

Post by deltarho[1859] »

- Added: The WinFBE.ini config file is automatically reloaded should an external tool or program modify it (prior to this change it was only reloaded before to a compile).
Gave it a good bashing with the latest versions of SetCompilerPathsII and SetCompilerSwitchesII and all settings were remembered between WinFBE sessions even when changes were made and then WinFBE closed. I am contemplating writing a Help file and mentioned it to my Doctor. He said: "Are you sure, David, you were in intensive care for a fortnight after the last one." I replied: "I was but have you seen the nurses in my local hospital?" He said: "I have so, tell me, how do you write these Help files?". Image
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated March 2, 2020)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 2.0.7 (March 2, 2020)
- Added: Checks to detect multiple calls to the Application.Run function for visual designer projects. Warning shown on compile.
- Added: If Application.Run already exists in visual designer project then any newly created forms will have that call automatically commented out in the code editor.
- Added: New User Tool action option: "Invoke immediately after WinFBE starts". This will run (or show) the user tool immediately after the main WinFBE window is displayed.
- Added: For convenience added POINT variable to the e EventArgs. This is essentially the e.x and e.y window screen positions combined.
- Added: wfxPoint class now has Convert method to transform screen coordinates to client coordinates (instead of having to use MapWindowPoints api).
- Changed: The Explorer pane now uses FullRowSelect style for its TreeView.
- Fixed: Better setting of initial folder for Open / SaveAs when projects are active.
- Fixed: Smoother redrawing of Explorer treeview when large number of files are expanded or collapsed (much more pleasing visual experience).
- Fixed: ProgressBar drawing with Value property now better updates control visually (Windows issue with Themes).
- Fixed: Regression - somehow old corrupted wfbe project files for the Sample_Projects were included in the 2.0.4, 2.0.5 and 2.0.6 releases.

deltarho[1859]

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated March 2, 2020)

Post by deltarho[1859] »

- Added: New User Tool action option: "Invoke immediately after WinFBE starts". This will run (or show) the user tool immediately after the main WinFBE window is displayed.
That works a treat, Paul. Of course, I will now have to open my pdf writer again to edit my Help file. However, if I precede that with fifteen minutes of Hath Yoga I should be OK. That doesn't always work - I have been known to fall asleep after ten minutes.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V2.0.8 March 9, 2020)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 2.0.8 (March 9, 2020)
Editor:
- Fixed: Corrected internal parser to recognize byref variable declareations: "dim byref var1 as".
- Fixed: DShow_PlayClip example project was corrupted.
Visual Designer:
- Added: TreeView control.
- Added: wfxPopupMenu class.
- Fixed: Label text was limited to MAX_PATH characters. Code changed to allow unlimited characters.
- Fixed: WM_DROPFILES message was only being handled by the Form. Any controls with AllowDrop = True are now correctly handled.
- Fixed: Form now has its own Text property handlers because the base wfxControl version calls AfxRedrawWindow and that tends to hide existing Frame controls.

PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V2.0.9 March 20, 2020)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 2.0.9 (March 20, 2020)
Editor:
- Added: From anywhere on the current line pressing Ctrl+ENTER creates a new line immediately below the current line and positions the cursor to the start of that new line.
- Added: F4 popup Function List will now select the current active sub/function name (previously it would always select the parent document node).
- Added: Pressing F6 on a TYPE name will reposition you to the TYPE/END TYPE structure definition. Shift+F6 to return to previous editing position.
- Added: F3 and Shift+F3 finding of current highlighted text will now do wrap around searching of the text buffer.
- Added: OPERATOR / END OPERATOR auto insert.
- Added: Keyboard Shortcuts help file (replaces the previous Editing Tips file). Can display from the Help menu.
- Added: CodeTips for functions will redisplay after closing an AutoComplete list popup.
- Added: Will now recognize 'TODO: in addition to the existing ' TODO: (notice the difference is the removal of the space between apostrophe and TODO:).
- Fixed: Refactored some of the parsing engine to better display autocomplete popup and codetips.
- Fixed: The word "HEADER" was not appearing in the status bar for opn files in the editor marked as a header file.
- Fixed: Improved the AutoInsert for SELECT CASE when text already exists on the SELECT CASE line itself.

Visual Designer:
- Added: Notepad example project. Located at \Examples\Visual_Designer_Projects\Notepad
- Added: MessagePumpHook event added to Form objects.
- Added: TextBox/RichEdit SelectionChanged event.
- Added: TextBox/RichEdit TextChanged event.
- Added: TextBox/RichEdit LinePosition property and ColumnPosition property.
- Changed: Removed the MaxLength property for Edit and RichEdit controls. Limits are now Edit (32K), RichEdit(1GB). Change via code if needing higher limits.
- Fixed: Changing RichEdit WordWrap property at runtime will now recreate the control.

PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V2.1.0 April 6, 2020)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 2.1.0 (April 6, 2020)

Editor:
- Added: New caching system that should speed up large project loading. Parser database saved between sessions.
- Added: New Environment Option "Enable fast project cache" in support of the newly added project caching system that was added.
- Added: New WinFBE_Suite updates will no longer overwrite existing WinFBE.ini, user_snippets.ini, and freebasic_keywords.txt files.
- Added: Environment Settings / Code Editor option called "Position searches to middle of screen" to enable/disable positioning search found text to the middle of the screen.
- Added: Find in Files new options to restrict search to "Current Document, "All Open Documents, or "Current Project".
- Added: Two new buttons on Explorer. "New File" and "New Project".
- Changed: Find In Files dialog is now modeless.
- Changed: All file operations now use Streams (using CFileStream or CTextStream classes) to replace built in FB Get/Put commands.
- Fixed: In certain cases, (Get) or (Set) would be included in the autocomplete text being entered int othe editor after selection.
- Fixed: GPF when pressing F6 on a #Include statement to load that file into the editor.
- Fixed: Non-Project user entered Command Line parameters were not being passed to compiled EXE beng run.
- Fixed: Various screen flicker during File/Save or Compile operations.
- Fixed: Improved the screen updating time for Block Comment and Block UnComment on large files.
- Fixed: Find/Replace could change the name of a sub/function. The Explorer treeview and Functions combobox are now correctly updated in the code editor.

Visual Designer:
- Added: Image Manager ability to manually edit the filename rather than having to remove and invalid path image and re-add the correct path image.
- Changed: You no longer have to manually add #Include statements for your Form files in your main .bas file.

Download it from: https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
paul doe

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V2.1.0 April 6, 2020)

Post by paul doe »

Hey Paul. Very nice work so far. There's just a little issue that's a deal breaker for me: no brace matching, as far as I can tell? However trivial it might seem, for me it's utterly important to keep FreeBasic code more or less consistent with other codebases; it also improves readability for me to enclose predicates in parens. If you could add/implement it, then I'd be more than willing to put FbEdit to a (well deserved) rest and switch to WinFBE. There's much to like here...
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

paul doe wrote:Hey Paul. Very nice work so far. There's just a little issue that's a deal breaker for me: no brace matching, as far as I can tell? However trivial it might seem, for me it's utterly important to keep FreeBasic code more or less consistent with other codebases; it also improves readability for me to enclose predicates in parens. If you could add/implement it, then I'd be more than willing to put FbEdit to a (well deserved) rest and switch to WinFBE. There's much to like here...
Thanks Paul - I have put brace highlighting on my list. There is pretty good documentation available for it so hopefully I should not have much trouble implementing it. Hopefully for the next update.
paul doe

Post by paul doe »

My that was a fast response... XD

This will be very much appreciated Paul, thanks. Looking forwards to it.
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

paul doe wrote:My that was a fast response... XD

This will be very much appreciated Paul, thanks. Looking forwards to it.
You're very welcome. :-) I have it implemented now. All I need to add at this point are two additional options in the Environment Settings dialog (1) First, option to turn bracing matching on/off and, (2) Second, option to be able to specify the color of the good/bad matching brace boxes. This new feature will be in the next update.
paul doe

Post by paul doe »

PaulSquires wrote: You're very welcome. :-) I have it implemented now. All I need to add at this point are two additional options in the Environment Settings dialog (1) First, option to turn bracing matching on/off and, (2) Second, option to be able to specify the color of the good/bad matching brace boxes. This new feature will be in the next update.
Thanks, much appreciated. Waiting for the official release now =D
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V2.1.1 April 14, 2020)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 2.1.1 (April 14, 2020)
Editor:
- Added: Brace highlight matching. Settings to enable/disable and to set colors for match and no match.
- Added: New Compiler setup option: "Disable successful compile sound".
- Added: Environment Options dialog now remembers last selected option and will display that option window on subsequent opens.
- Added: Shift+F7 as keyboard shortcut key for "Environment Options".
- Added: F6 Goto Definition will now find functions in class methods that are not prefixed with the "this" keyword.
- Added: Codetip popups will now find functions in class methods that are not prefixed with the "this" keyword.
- Changed: AutoInsert now correctly implements TABs for indentation if the editor option "Treat Tab as spaces" is unchecked.
- Fixed: Code Editor option called "Position searches to middle of screen" was not positioning in all envisioned scenarios.
- Fixed: The keyword "Chr" and "RTrim" were incorrectly mixed capitalized in the freebasic_keywords.txt settings file. Users will need to manually change that keyword to all lowercase "chr" and "rtrim" in order for keyword highlighting to be correct.
- Fixed: Corrected situation whereby non-project related notes could get reset when switching between non-project files and projects.
- Fixed: Logic error when saving project file names/paths to Most Recently Used list when the project resided on a drive different than the WinFBE application. This situation involved the incorrect application of the {CURDRIVE} parameter.

Visual Designer:
- Added: ToolBox window size and position is now saved and restored between sessions.
- Added: Error message displayed if using "Project Options" to add manifest and resource files but the WinFBE_manifest.xml and/or WinFB_resource.rc files are missing from WinFBE Settings folder.
- Fixed: Forms with BorderStyle property set to FormBorderStyle.SizeableToolWindow were incorrectly displayed in the visual designer.
- Fixed: Code generation error if last line of main code file does not have trailing CR/LF.

Download from: