WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.1.0 June 4, 2023)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
kcvinu

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated September 4, 2018)

Post by kcvinu »

@PaulSquires,
Hi, I just tested WinFBE with thinbasic interpreter. Test was success. WinFBE can run thinBasic files. I would like to know how to enable thinBasic syntax highlighting in WinFBE. Any help ?
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated September 4, 2018)

Post by PaulSquires »

kcvinu wrote:@PaulSquires,
Hi, I just tested WinFBE with thinbasic interpreter. Test was success. WinFBE can run thinBasic files. I would like to know how to enable thinBasic syntax highlighting in WinFBE. Any help ?
I guess you could add/append the keywords to the list of FreeBASIC keywords. Environment Options / FreeBASIC Keywords
There is no separate option to add additional keyword lists like thinbasic, you would have to add them to an existing list.
kcvinu

Post by kcvinu »

@PaulSquires,
Hi, Thanks for the reply. I have append some thinBasic keywords to it and restart WinFBE. But it wont recognize thinbasic keywords.
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

@kcvinu

I have added a pile of WinAPI functions to my list without a problem.

What did you do exactly?
Josep Roca

Post by Josep Roca »

AFAIK you have to add them in lowercase.
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

Josep Roca wrote:AFAIK you have to add them in lowercase.
Yes, we do.
kcvinu

Post by kcvinu »

deltarho[1859] wrote:@kcvinu

I have added a pile of WinAPI functions to my list without a problem.

What did you do exactly?
Oh, my bad. I just added those keywords in mixed caps.
kcvinu

Post by kcvinu »

Josep Roca wrote:AFAIK you have to add them in lowercase.
Thanks Jose Roca
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated September 5, 2018)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 1.7.9 (September 1.7.9)
- Fixed: Relative paths in User Tools commands failing after compiles (a compile would change current folder).
- Fixed: Per 1.7.8, accidentally neglected to include latest FBC nightly build and GCC 8.1. It is now included in 1.7.9.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
deltarho[1859]

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated September 5, 2018)

Post by deltarho[1859] »

PaulSquires wrote:- Fixed: Per 1.7.8, accidentally neglected to include latest FBC nightly build and GCC 8.1. It is now included in 1.7.9.
Drum roll. <smile>

Great work, Paul.
Carlos Herrera

Post by Carlos Herrera »

PaulSquires wrote: Please let me know .... if there is anything else that should be included in the package.
Please consider the pre-compiled versions of FBMath library by Jean Debord. If author agrees, of course.
Carlos
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

I use the WinFBE Editor most of the time now for FreeBASIC programming. I know the following is hotly disputed, but what I miss most is the ability to do a hard printout of all or part of my code to a printer. Is there any chance that this facility could be included?

The WinFBE Editor is not alone in this. The only FreeBASIC Editor that I've looked at that includes PRINT in its menu is FBEdit and this only prints in black and white.

Currently, I print out using PowerBASIC, but this doesn't allow the print out of line numbers, which FBEdit does. Very useful for handwritten notes.
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

Hi, thanks for your work!
It not have the option to have those "+" or "-" places to click to contract or expand the view in For/next; If/Endif; etc?
Josep Roca

Post by Josep Roca »

Luis Babboni wrote:Hi, thanks for your work!
It not have the option to have those "+" or "-" places to click to contract or expand the view in For/next; If/Endif; etc?

Code: Select all

Menu
  |_ Options
      |_ Environment Options
          |_ Code editor
              |_ Check checkbox "Show fold margin"
bcohio2001

Post by bcohio2001 »

Still having issues with indentation with 'Select Case' and If/Then/Else.
(Hyphens used to show issue)

Code: Select all

Select Case x
---Case 1
------y=1
------Case 2
---------y=2
End Select

If y=0 then
---z=0
---Else
------z=1