WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.1.0 June 4, 2023)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated November 21, 2019)

Post by PaulSquires »

Peter19Doof56NL wrote:Hello Paul,

In WinFBE editor win64 does not open the window Templates, the WinFbe editor win32 this works fine both on win 10 64
home edition.
Thanks for the report - which version of WinFBE are you using? The latest version?
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated December 13, 2019)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 2.0.1 (December 13, 2019)
- Added: Month Calendar control.
- Added: DateTimePicker control.
- Added: TabControl control. (still a work in progress but it is currently usable).
- Added: ToolTip and ToolTipBalloon properties for most controls.
- Added: New form property called ChildForm. Creates form with WS_CHILD style and is used when specifying child Tab Pages for Tab Control.
- Changed: Updated German language file as provided by Joerg Buckel.
- Fixed: ListView Hover event was not removed from the Visual Designer list of selectable methods.
- Fixed: ListView GPF if number of defined subitems did not match number of defined columns.
- Fixed: ListView regression whereby mouse clicking on checkbox item was not being recognized.
- Fixed: ListView GPF if horizontal scroll bar moved to the right and then all columns deleted.
- Fixed: ListView text property changes were not being immediately displayed (programmer would have to do a manual call to Refresh first).
- Fixed: Attempting to close an unsaved new file belonging to an open project would not remove the reference to that file from the project.
- Fixed: Bug whereby switching amongst Forms would cause changed Property values to also follow to the newly selected form and cause that form to show as "dirty" and needing to be saved.
- Fixed: RichEdit TextAlign property not showing a list of valid choices.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated December 16, 2019)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 2.0.2 (December 16, 2019)
- Fixed: ToolTip needed to have at least 1 character set at design time in order for ToolTip to display at runtime because the hWndToolTip would not be created.
- Fixed: ListBox code regression in wfxApplication.inc WM_ERASEBKGND handler that caused excessive visual flicker (ControlType.ListBox was accidently set to ControlType.ListView).
- Fixed: ListView now draws significantly faster becase only affected changed visible line items invoke a redraw of the ListView. Uses ListView_IsItemVisible to determine if item is visible.

bcohio2001

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows (Updated September 27, 2017)

Post by bcohio2001 »

On December 17th, 2017, 3:47 pm:
PaulSquires wrote:... Dual file display is on my radar but I got caught up with the visual designer implementation ...
Still on your radar? It's been 2 years.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows (Updated September 27, 2017)

Post by PaulSquires »

bcohio2001 wrote:On December 17th, 2017, 3:47 pm:
PaulSquires wrote:... Dual file display is on my radar but I got caught up with the visual designer implementation ...
Still on your radar? It's been 2 years.
Version 1.5.7 (February 4, 2018)
- Added: Dual pane split screen file editing.

It is the same file but you can have two views of that file's contents. There is a small splitter bar just above the right edge scroll bar. Click and drag that bar downwards to expose the additional editing pane. Multiple files on the screen at once is not possible because I built the editor to use a tab display approach with each file tied to the current open tab (rather than using an MDI approach). So, dual pane split screen file editing is the best I could do.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated January 14, 2020)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 2.0.3 (January 14, 2020)
- Added: ListView property OddRowColorEnabled (True/False).
- Changed: ListView removed property "Sorting" until such time as sorting code is added to the control. In the meantime, use the SortByColumn method.
- Fixed: ListView now draws significantly faster becase only affected changed visible line items invoke a redraw of the ListView only if the BeginUpdate flag is False. Enclosing many ListView row/col changes in BeginUpdate/EndUpdate continues to be the best approach for optimal performance.
- Fixed: Visual Designer code generated for redisplaying closed forms would not correctly show previous statusbar, or toolbar, or mainmenu.
- Fixed: MainMenus with only one defined entry would fail to display in the visual designer when the Menu Editor was closed.
- Fixed: Visual Designer code generated for KeyUp, KeyDown, KeyPress events were not cancelling the key input when e.Handled = True.
- Fixed: Setting StatusBar font via code was not working. Example: frmMain.StatusBar.Font = New wfxFont("Consolas", 10, FontStyles.Bold, FontCharset.Default)

Coolman

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated January 14, 2020)

Post by Coolman »

WinFBE works with Wine 5.for information purposes.
Baptiste

Post by Baptiste »

Hello,
I discover this editor
Is there a tutorial to use the graphical interface of Winfbe
Thank you
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

@PaulSquires

Hi Paul. I have updated SetCompilerSwitches and have imaginatively called it SetCompilerSwitchesII. Instead of doubling up by having presets with and without -exx, -exx is now handled separately. This stops the window from getting 'deep'.

SetCompilerSwitchesII

Three posts later is an update.
notsgnivilk

error at cursor when I compile

Post by notsgnivilk »

I finally got WinFBE Suite downloaded and running yesterday. It worked well and I wrote a couple of short programs to play with it.

Today whenever I compile I get an error wherever the cursor is sitting on screen (by line and column). It happens in a newly created file and in a file that I created yesterday that worked fine.

More detail: The first time I compiled today it worked. I changed some text in a comment, saved the file and this behavior started when I tried to compile again.

I tried switching from Win32 Console to Win64 Console and got the same error. I shut it down and restarted it, same error.

It just says error and gives the row and column of the cursor. The cursor can be anywhere, white space, beginning or end of a line, etc.

The files compile with no errors if I use FBEdit.

Did I break WinFBE somehow? Should I just download it again and see what happens?
notsgnivilk

Re: error at cursor when I compile

Post by notsgnivilk »

just changing the options below this post
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

@notsgnivilk,
Please note: this is not a discussion topic and therefore, should be posted in:
WinFBE Editor and ... (under Projects).
Alternative placement (if less specific, than to a specific IDE): Beginners

@Imortis,
could you please move it?
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

MrSwiss wrote:@notsgnivilk,
Please note: this is not a discussion topic and therefore, should be posted in:
WinFBE Editor and ... (under Projects).
Alternative placement (if less specific, than to a specific IDE): Beginners

@Imortis,
could you please move it?
Done and done.
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

@Imortis, thank you (lol: "done and done" once methinks, does the trick).
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

notsgnivilk wrote:I finally got WinFBE Suite downloaded and running yesterday. It worked well and I wrote a couple of short programs to play with it.

Today whenever I compile I get an error wherever the cursor is sitting on screen (by line and column). It happens in a newly created file and in a file that I created yesterday that worked fine.

More detail: The first time I compiled today it worked. I changed some text in a comment, saved the file and this behavior started when I tried to compile again.

I tried switching from Win32 Console to Win64 Console and got the same error. I shut it down and restarted it, same error.

It just says error and gives the row and column of the cursor. The cursor can be anywhere, white space, beginning or end of a line, etc.

The files compile with no errors if I use FBEdit.

Did I break WinFBE somehow? Should I just download it again and see what happens?

Most likely it is related to the way you configured your source files within the editor. Please read this post: https://www.planetsquires.com/protect/f ... pic=4343.0

Also, you may want to look at other posts over on my support forum https://www.planetsquires.com If you want to post questions over there then you will need to register. Simply send me an email stating the username and password that you want to use. My email is SUPPORT at PLANETSQUIRES dot COM