WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.1.0 June 4, 2023)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated June 3, 2018)

Post by PaulSquires »

Thanks St_W, I was able to track down the source of the GPF for the first reported error. It did not appear in the 32-bit version but was there in the 64-bit version. All fixed now and it will be in the next upload.
ur_naz

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated June 3, 2018)

Post by ur_naz »

PaulSquires, Do You mean your WinForms will be fully object-oriented or it is FireFly legacy?
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

I didn't like WinFBE very much when it first came out, but all credit, it has come on leaps and bounds and is now my Freebasic editor of choice. The main problem I have at the moment is that I can't open WinFBE64 and can only use the WinFBE32 editor. It has been like this since version 1.6.4. is there a known problem?
fxm

Post by fxm »

Since some releases, once the program is configured (fbc.exe path defined for example), it does not restart at all (a short hourglass at the execution request, and then nothing happens).
With Windows 10.
Any Idea?
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

fxm wrote:Since some releases, once the program is configured (fbc.exe path defined for example), it does not restart at all (a short hourglass at the execution request, and then nothing happens).
With Windows 10.
Any Idea?
see http://www.planetsquires.com/protect/fo ... 1#msg31911
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

if WinFBE won't launch, try replacing Preparse_Timestamps32.ini and Preparse_Timestamps64.ini with the previous version
Didn't work for me WinFBE64. Tried from both versions 1.6.5 and 1.6.4 (I've already deleted 1.6.6 so can't do that without reinstalling). However, the batch file method does work. I usually launch from the taskbar, so I would prefer to do this.
fxm

Post by fxm »

srvaldez wrote:
fxm wrote:Since some releases, once the program is configured (fbc.exe path defined for example), it does not restart at all (a short hourglass at the execution request, and then nothing happens).
With Windows 10.
Any Idea?
see http://www.planetsquires.com/protect/fo ... 1#msg31911
Thank you.
I will wait for the next release.

Otherwise, to run the present release (1.6.7):
- In the 'Settings\WinFBE.ini' file, put double quotas around the 'fbc.exe' path if exists (my 'fbc.exe' path: {CURDRIVE}:\Users\fxmam\Documents\Mes Outils Personnels\fbc1.06.0.St_W\fbc.exe).
- Run the program.
- In 'Compiler Setup' menu, suppress the double quotas added around the 'fbc.exe' path, in order to be able to compile code.
(same sequence each time to run WinFBE)
fxm

Post by fxm »

Still the same problem as above with the 1.6.8-test version.

Historical:
- Release 1.6.4: OK.
- Release 1.6.5: the first restart of WinFBE is long (>10s) after initialization of the 'fbc.exe' path, but finally succeeds (problem on first restart only, perhaps due to the effect of the Windows superfetch).
- Releases 1.6.6, 1.6.7, 1.6.8-test: the restart of WinFBE does not succeed after initialization of the 'fbc.exe' path.

The easier workaround, using the 'Compiler Setup' menu:
- Put quotas around the 'fbc.exe' path before closing WinFBE.
- Suppress the quotas for compiling programs.
fxm

Post by fxm »

@PaulSquires,
As you proposed on the PlanetSquires Forums, set 'Codetips= 0' in the 'WinFBE.ini' file seems to solve this bad behavior of WinFBE to restart with the 'fbc.exe' path well initialized.
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

fxm wrote:@PaulSquires,
As you proposed on the PlanetSquires Forums, set 'Codetips= 0' in the 'WinFBE.ini' file seems to solve this bad behavior of WinFBE to restart with the 'fbc.exe' path well initialized.
Confirmed. This works for me in both versions 1.6.7 and 1.6.8.
fxm

Post by fxm »

fxm wrote:...set 'Codetips= 0' in the 'WinFBE.ini' file ...
What are the consequences of this deactivation?
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

fxm wrote:
fxm wrote:...set 'Codetips= 0' in the 'WinFBE.ini' file ...
What are the consequences of this deactivation?
You just won't get those popup code tips that show parameter lists for functions or a popup listbox of TYPE elements to choose from. I'll find out the source of the problem (appears to be the PreParse database that I added a couple of releases ago). In the meantime, disabling codetips is more of cosmetic than a functional problem. I know that Jose Roca always has codetips turned off because the popups are distracting.
Thraka

Post by Thraka »

This is pretty cool! I found this because I was trying to find a Visual Studio Code addin for FreeBASIC. It would be cool if someone made that.

Thanks for the efforts!
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated July 27, 2018)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 1.6.9 (July 27, 2018)
- Changed: Removed the Preparse database and replaced with static database codetips_winfbx.ini
- Fixed: Some TYPE elements not showing in popup codetips (eg. Text property for Button).

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases

(This upload fixes the previously reported GPF problems resulting from the "Preparse" database that was implemented a couple of releases ago)
fxm

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated July 27, 2018)

Post by fxm »

OK now.
Thank you.