WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated December 9, 2018)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated November 13, 2018)

Postby PaulSquires » Nov 17, 2018 11:16

bcohio2001 wrote:I am still having issues with IF/THEN/ELSE and CASE. Indentation problem.

Code: Select all

'Test of If/Then/Else
if x = 1 then
   y = 2
   else
      y = 3
end if

'Test of Select Case
select case x
   case 1
      y = 1
      '
      case 2
         y = 2
         '
         case 3
            y = 3
            '
            case 4
               y = 4
               '
end select

Hi,

I am understanding that from your example that you are expecting the following to happen: When you type "Else" or "Case 2", "Case 3", etc that the editor will automatically line up that text with a previously inserted "IF" or "CASE 1". Am I right? This is a little different than the way that WinFBE has implemented Autoindentation but I do understand why it would be cool / useful. Currently, WinFBE will insert new text when the user types "IF" "THEN" or the beginning of a "SELECT CASE" statement. After that, the editor does not screw around with anything the user types. It sees the subsequent "CASE" statements as simply text the user is entering and doesn't act on it. I expect that I will need to implement additional code that will recognize lines that have "CASE" or "ELSE" and do the indentation based on the most previous "CASE " or "END IF". That sounds do-able.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated November 13, 2018)

Postby PaulSquires » Nov 17, 2018 13:50

Per my previous post, I have now implemented the correct reformatting of the entered line so that the text lines up with the most previous block headers. This fix will be in next update 1.8.5.

- Fixed: With AutoIndentation enabled, all entered ELSE/ELSEIF and CASE/CASE ELSE lines now line up correctly to their parent IF/THEN or SELECT CASE headers.
bcohio2001

Postby bcohio2001 » Nov 17, 2018 16:36

Yes, you got the meaning of the code. Easier to show in code then try to describe what was wrong.
Thank you. Anxiously awaiting ….

That was a major issue for me to pause using/trying the editor. Once that is fixed can delve down into more of it.
PaulSquires

Postby PaulSquires » Dec 09, 2018 14:08

WinFBE has the ability to have multiple projects open within the editor. You can see this in action when you open Projects and they appear in the Explorer treeview. The active project is the one with the checkbox checked.

I am considering removing the ability to have multiple projects open because the internal code is just overly complicated because of it. You can still open multiple copies of WinFBE if you need to work on more than one Project at once.

I want to ask if there is anyone here that uses the multiple open Project feature of WinFBE and would you be devastated if that feature was removed?

(Also, I plan to post a WinFBE update by tomorrow)
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated December 9, 2018)

Postby PaulSquires » Dec 10, 2018 0:47

Version 1.8.7 (December 9, 2018)
- Added: Click and Popup menu handlers are now created with a pre-populated SELECT CASE of menu item names.
- Added: DoubleClick on Form area will now toggle to the code editor.
- Changed: "Project", "Add Files to Project" no longer automatically shows the loaded files in the editor.
- Fixed: Flickering of the statusbar message "Parsing: <filename>" when loading large projects.
- Fixed: Delay when exiting WinFBE when large projects are active.
- Fixed: 'State' label too wide and partially overlapped 'Checked' checkbox in Menu Editor.

Version 1.8.6 (December 7, 2018)
- Added: Localization file creation and editing. "Options" / "Environment Options" / "Localization".
- Added: Check to prevent duplicate menu names that would result in a compile time error.
- Changed: Removed the Environment option to specify the WinFBX chm help file. WinFBX help is now displayed using the markdown help browser.
- Fixed: With AutoIndentation enabled, ELSEIF will now line up correctly to the parent IF/THEN headers.
- Fixed: Background transparency of several Up/Down png graphics used within the editor.
- Fixed: GPF for new Forms created since version 1.8.5. This was a regression in 1.8.5.

Version 1.8.5 (December 2, 2018)
- Added: Main Menu Editor and menu code generation for the visual designer.
- Added: Sort alphabetically the filenames in the Help Viewer treeview nodes.
- Changed: Removed Form property "ShowInTaskbar" as I could not implement reliable code to support it.
- Fixed: With AutoIndentation enabled, all entered ELSE/ELSEIF and CASE/CASE ELSE lines now line up correctly to their parent IF/THEN or SELECT CASE headers.
- Fixed: Help Viewer treeview height now matches the height of the embedded web browser.
- Fixed: Code introduced to help fix random situation whereby the screen cursor remains as a spinning wait icon after a failed compile attempt.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases

Return to “Projects”