WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.1.0 June 4, 2023)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
ur_naz

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated June 3, 2018)

Post by ur_naz »

it is very annoying that every time I run WinFBE it sets to win32 console mode. And it is very impractical that both of win32 and win64 ver are using same settings
Josep Roca

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated June 3, 2018)

Post by Josep Roca »

You can choose the option that you prefer.
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

I think ur_naz means on loading - I don't think WinFBE remembers what mode was used on the last session - poseidonFB does.

However, WinFBE remembers what open tabs are using - poseidonFB does not.

@ur_naz

I just switch from 32 bit to 64 bit. What settings are you changing between modes?
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

ur_naz wrote:it is very annoying that every time I run WinFBE it sets to win32 console mode. And it is very impractical that both of win32 and win64 ver are using same settings
You can set which Build Configuration that you always want to be the default when you startup the program or load a new or existing file. To do this, select " Build Configurations (F7)" from the "Options" menu. Select the build and then check the box called "Set as default".

Be aware though that if you are working in a "Project", then the selected Build for that project is saved in the project's configuration file (*.wfbe). That setting always overrides the one that you may have had selected as "Set as default" from "Options" menu. This makes it very easy to have projects related to specific builds.
ur_naz

Post by ur_naz »

yes, i mean on loading. thanx for tip.

but now when i start for example win64 ver and set win64 build mode, then run win32 ver and it is set to win64 build mode, then set win32 build mode, and run win64 ver, so win64 ver is set to win32 build mode.

The language settings are common for both too. And maybe other settings too
Josep Roca

Post by Josep Roca »

Indeed. They are not separate editors, but the same editor compiled to 32 or 64 bit.
ur_naz

Post by ur_naz »

Can you add cyrillic text support for ANSI mode in document? Now when i type cyrillic text, only ???????????????????? are written. it is also useful oem866 code page for console apps in windows. it is also useful if project can save code page for code. such as in lazarus
Josep Roca

Post by Josep Roca »

> Can you add cyrillic text support for ANSI mode in document?

Choose Menu -> Options -> Environment Options -> Colors and Fonts and then select Russian in the ComboBox at the right side of the Font ComboBox.

However, with FreeBasic for Windows you will get much better results if you save te file as UTF-16 instead of using charsets and code pages.

> it is also useful oem866 code page for console apps in windows.

The Scintilla Control does not support it in Windows, only with GTK+
See: https://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc.html
ur_naz

Post by ur_naz »

thanks, didn't know that.
Can you provide extended code scale management such as in any web browser or Libre Office
- show current scale
- restore scale to default
- predefined scale values
- slider on statusbar to scale code
etc.
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

ur_naz wrote:thanks, didn't know that.
Can you provide extended code scale management such as in any web browser or Libre Office
- show current scale
etc.
I am not sure if I understand your request but are you referring to the "Zoom In" and "Zoom Out" functionality? WinFBE can zoom in (make fonts larger) and zoom out (make fonts smaller) through the "View" menu options "Zoom In" and "Zoom Out". There are also two keyboard shortcut keys: CTRL + and CTRL -
Josep Roca

Post by Josep Roca »

> I am not sure if I understand your request [...]

A feature usually found in text editors that I never use because it's much easier to do it with the mouse wheel while you keep the Ctrl key pressed. It steals room in the status bar and it is not very practical.
ur_naz

Post by ur_naz »

PaulSquires wrote:
ur_naz wrote:thanks, didn't know that.
- show current scale
etc.
I am not sure if I understand your request but are you referring to the "Zoom In" and "Zoom Out" functionality? WinFBE can zoom in (make fonts larger) and zoom out (make fonts smaller) through the "View" menu options "Zoom In" and "Zoom Out". There are also two keyboard shortcut keys: CTRL + and CTRL -
yes, that right? but do you remember how many times you zoom in or zoom out? i am not sure i do. this is that i ask https://imgur.com/Cin70Kh
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

yes, that right? but do you remember how many times you zoom in or zoom out? i am not sure i do. this is that i ask https://imgur.com/Cin70Kh
I've seen the sort of thing that you show in your link, but never used it. It's much simpler to use the methods suggested by Josep roca and Paul Squires. I wouldn't consider it to be an essential addition to the editor.
St_W

Post by St_W »

Just tried the designer in the latest version from Github, version 1.6.5, and encountered a reproducibe crash:
1. run "WinFBE64.exe"
2. in menu select: "Designer" -> "New Form"
3. in tools panel select Button and then click in the designer form to place a button
4. switch to properties panel; wxfButton properties are shown
5. select the visual designer form ... and watch the application crashing :-)

//edit: another one:
1. same steps as above until (including) step 3
2. select both the designer form and the button using the CTRL key while clicking
3. press the "Copy" toolbar button ... and watch the application crashing :-)
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

Thanks St_W, lots of little bugs in this first reveal of the visual designer. I am working on smoothing them all out. I'll post a new package as soon as things stabilize a bit more. I've been posting progress over on my planetsquires.com forum