Alvarian Tales

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
mrToad

Re: Alvarian Tales

Postby mrToad » Nov 10, 2017 16:17

Just a few updated images. See original post.
paul doe

Postby paul doe » Nov 11, 2017 1:33

mrToad wrote:Just a few updated images. See original post.

They look beautiful. You're a really talented pixel artist =D
h4tt3n

Postby h4tt3n » Nov 11, 2017 3:34

Really gorgeous pixel art! Brings back memories of the good old 16 bit Amiga years :-)
paul doe

Postby paul doe » Nov 11, 2017 4:17

h4tt3n wrote:Really gorgeous pixel art! Brings back memories of the good old 16 bit Amiga years :-)

Well hello there, h4tt3n. Nice to see you around here =D
Indeed, it remainds me a lot of Monkey Island, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, and the look of the girl with the coconut crab has some scent of Terra, of FFVI fame, no? ;)
mrToad

Postby mrToad » Nov 12, 2017 18:15

h4tt3n wrote:Really gorgeous pixel art! Brings back memories of the good old 16 bit Amiga years :-)

Thank you kindly h4tt3n. I was born just before those came out, but I have great respect and admiration for those days.

paul doe wrote:They look beautiful. You're a really talented pixel artist =D ... Indeed, it remainds me a lot of Monkey Island, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, and the look of the girl with the coconut crab has some scent of Terra, of FFVI fame, no? ;)

Indiana Jones FOA was probably my favorite game growing up. To be compared is maybe too flattering. ;) But I have to say, I don't only love pixel art for the nostalgia. Even before I was into pixel art I did some cross-stitching with my mom as a kid, which is basically pixel-thread-art, if you will. This is one reason I don't believe pixel art will ever die; it is a kind of art form, building with little blocks of color, using just enough detail to fire the imagination, without anything extra. The limitations force creativity and the result is something hard-earned, there aren't many shortcuts, and it's a clean and precise result if done right.

I'm still learning, but I really enjoy doing it, thank you both for your feedback. 8]
leopardpm

Postby leopardpm » Dec 04, 2017 0:14

really very nice! It is fun to watch the project grow, even if very slowly, over a period of time.... well done and keep up your motivation!
Ryan

Postby Ryan » Feb 18, 2018 4:34

Quite charming! Great work. : )

Return to “Projects”