FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2024.03.03)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Kuan Hsu

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2018.01.26)

Post by Kuan Hsu »

Dinosaur wrote:Hi All

Kuan Hsu it appears you have solved both problems.
Early times, but I wanted to let you know, but will continue to tests.

One interesting change is that Ctrl Left Click anywhere in many routines will jump to "Goto Definition" of that Routine.
I found this out when I was testing Debug.
Ctrl Left Click in Line Number margin would jump to "Goto Definition" but then if you go back to the routine,
the red rectangle is there for the breakpoint BUT that breakpoint won't work.

Regards
It's a good news~~~

The issue is because of the callback function of iupScintilla is trigger BUTTON_CB first, then trigger MARGINCLICK_CB, the Ctrl+L-click message is catch by BUTTON_CB callback function( "Goto Definition" ), so the MARGINCLICK_CB callback function( Set the breakpoint ) is abort.
But the the issue isn't exist in Windows version.
It's easy to fix,I'll commit at next reversion.

I've already re-update new rev.360, please re-download
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Hi All

No, that did not fix the "Goto Definition" when setting break point.
BUT, it also crashed the program again with "Load Documents" set in preference.

So, I reloaded version 0.360 from this morning.
No crashes (tried about 10 times)

Loaded 0.360 from this afternoon and again Crashes.???

Regards
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

No, that did not fix the "Goto Definition" when setting break point.
BUT, it also crashed the program again with "Load Documents" set in preference.

So, I reloaded version 0.360 from this morning.
No crashes (tried about 10 times)

Loaded 0.360 from this afternoon and again Crashes.???

Regards
???????
OLD:

NEW: ( Click at margin to "Goto Definition" is disable )
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Hi All

Apologies, I was using Ctrl Right Click to set a Break Point.
Your new version still goes to Definition when using Ctrl Right Click,
but it works with Ctrl Left Click.

Regards
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

Apologies, I was using Ctrl Right Click to set a Break Point.
Your new version still goes to Definition when using Ctrl Right Click,
but it works with Ctrl Left Click.

Regards
OK, the Ctrl + R-click on margin will disable at next reversion.

There is a quick manual:
Ctrl + L-Click on Function/Sub/Variable in document = Goto Definition
Ctrl + R-Click on Function/Sub/Variable in document = Goto Member Proceduce
L-Click on Margin-1( right side of linenumber margin, but not fold margin ) = Set Bookmark

While debugging...
Ctrl + L-Click on Margin-1 = Set Breakpoint
L-Click on Margin-1 = Set Bookmark

R-Click on Margin-1 will popup menu which has "Bookmark" and "Breakpoint"( while debugging ) options

But I've no idea why "Load Prev Documents" crash, I do not change the code about it, compiler problem???
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Hi All

Perhaps downloading is a problem.
When I reported the problem (using Ctrl Right Click) I had a crash every time I used Load Previous Documents.
Then you posted the pictures above, and I had doubts as my download was only seconds after you posted it.
I then re-downloaded version 0.360 again.
Now I cannot get it to crash ????

So, Kuan Hsu I am now very happy with the Editor, and thank you for your hard work.
There are some features I would request, but they can wait.

Once again many thanks.

Regards
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

Perhaps downloading is a problem.
When I reported the problem (using Ctrl Right Click) I had a crash every time I used Load Previous Documents.
Then you posted the pictures above, and I had doubts as my download was only seconds after you posted it.
I then re-downloaded version 0.360 again.
Now I cannot get it to crash ????

So, Kuan Hsu I am now very happy with the Editor, and thank you for your hard work.
There are some features I would request, but they can wait.

Once again many thanks.

Regards
You're welcome, I'm also happy by modifying the code to make poseidonFB more better......^^
Dinosaur

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2018.01.27)

Post by Dinosaur »

Hi All

Kuan Hsu, my wish list.
1: Almost all of the editors that I have use have Alt + e for Edit menu, Alt + c for Copy, Alt + p for paste & Alt + t for Cut.
A lot of programming involves copying and pasting code from one place to the other.
Maybe I AM a Dinosaur, but with my right hand controlling the mouse, the left is free to very quickly use the Alt functions.
I have lost count how many times I have automatically used Alt keys in PoseidonFB to find out "oops, it's not implemented"
I don't know how the other users feel about this feature, so majority rules.

2: The search Window text is much smaller then the program window, and selecting a line to jump to, takes concentration.
EDIT: Sorry found that already.

3: Each time Poseidon opens, the Message Window is to big for my liking. To drag it smaller (in Mint 18.3 Cinnamon) requires
surgical precision to place the mouse so that the resizing Arrows appear. Is this adjustable in Mint or is it Poseidon ?

4: When you display the values of a Struct in the Watch list, you have the members of the Structure on one line separated with commas.
The line is also high lighted, which together makes it harder to read a Member. I have to go to the bottom of the window,
find the Horizontal Scroll bar and move it to see the value. Can you replace the commas with a CR/LF so that each Member has it's own line.
I can then scroll with the mouse and see more clearly.

Like I said it is a wish list, and I am sure you have more important immediate issues to deal with.

Regards
Kuan Hsu

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2018.01.27)

Post by Kuan Hsu »

Kuan Hsu, my wish list.
1: Almost all of the editors that I have use have Alt + e for Edit menu, Alt + c for Copy, Alt + p for paste & Alt + t for Cut.
A lot of programming involves copying and pasting code from one place to the other.
Maybe I AM a Dinosaur, but with my right hand controlling the mouse, the left is free to very quickly use the Alt functions.
I have lost count how many times I have automatically used Alt keys in PoseidonFB to find out "oops, it's not implemented"
I don't know how the other users feel about this feature, so majority rules.

2: The search Window text is much smaller then the program window, and selecting a line to jump to, takes concentration.
EDIT: Sorry found that already.

3: Each time Poseidon opens, the Message Window is to big for my liking. To drag it smaller (in Mint 18.3 Cinnamon) requires
surgical precision to place the mouse so that the resizing Arrows appear. Is this adjustable in Mint or is it Poseidon ?

4: When you display the values of a Struct in the Watch list, you have the members of the Structure on one line separated with commas.
The line is also high lighted, which together makes it harder to read a Member. I have to go to the bottom of the window,
find the Horizontal Scroll bar and move it to see the value. Can you replace the commas with a CR/LF so that each Member has it's own line.
I can then scroll with the mouse and see more clearly.

Like I said it is a wish list, and I am sure you have more important immediate issues to deal with.

Regards
(1) ALT combine key will make confuse in Windows but OK in Linux, please set "Short Cut" in "Preference", done at rev.362
(2) ^^
(3) By poseidonFB, I added a "Bar Size" option in "Preference" - "Editor" tab, after set done, need restart poseidon
(4) Please check at rev.362
Dinosaur

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2018.01.28)

Post by Dinosaur »

Hi All

Great work thank you, all is well.

Was double clicking the highlighted Variables Line always there (and I didn't know it) or did you add this in the latest version ?
Either way it works very nicely.

Many Thanks, will let others have a go now.

Regards
fxm

Post by fxm »

In rev. 362, the "Set Custom Compiler Options ..." window (from the lower left "Configuration" menu) is truncated in width!
(no problem with rev. 361)
Last edited by fxm on Jan 28, 2018 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

I am guessing that the Linux version does not have the problem I keep having. Randomly (or seems to be random), the editor will crash when opening a file. It has nothing to do with the file, as I can re-open the editor then open the same file and it causes no problems.

I find that while working on a project, either opening a file already in the project, or adding a new file to the project will cause the editor to crash. I am going to guess it is a memory leak as it does not happen immediately after opening the editor. It always happens after I have had the editor open for an extended period of time.

Because of that, I have begun to save the project after every file added. If I don't I will have to re add all the files since the last time I saved or closed the editor properly to the project again.

If there is any extra info I can give you to help trouble shoot this, please let me know.
fxm

Post by fxm »

fxm wrote:In rev. 362, the "Set Custom Compiler Options ..." window (from the lower left "Configuration" menu) is truncated in width!
I have this problem with my PC under Win 10, no problem with the other under Win 7!
Could other one confirm this bad behavior under Win 10 for the rev. 362?
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

fxm wrote:
fxm wrote:In rev. 362, the "Set Custom Compiler Options ..." window (from the lower left "Configuration" menu) is truncated in width!
I have this problem with my PC under Win 10, no problem with the other under Win 7!
Could other one confirm this bad behavior under Win 10 for the rev. 362?
I'll fix at rev.363 ( the VM is very slow......>"< )
BEFORE:
AFTER:

Rev.363 had committed.....
Last edited by Kuan Hsu on Jan 30, 2018 12:24, edited 2 times in total.
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

Imortis wrote:I am guessing that the Linux version does not have the problem I keep having. Randomly (or seems to be random), the editor will crash when opening a file. It has nothing to do with the file, as I can re-open the editor then open the same file and it causes no problems.

I find that while working on a project, either opening a file already in the project, or adding a new file to the project will cause the editor to crash. I am going to guess it is a memory leak as it does not happen immediately after opening the editor. It always happens after I have had the editor open for an extended period of time.

Because of that, I have begun to save the project after every file added. If I don't I will have to re add all the files since the last time I saved or closed the editor properly to the project again.

If there is any extra info I can give you to help trouble shoot this, please let me know.
The crash is close poseidonFB immediately or no respond?
If no resopnd, the document tab has already opened or not?
opened = Load file and create scintilla error
no open = parser error

I think the linux version has the same problem, like "Load Prev Documents" crash...

Please help......