Nomera on Kickstarter

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
Zamaster

Nomera on Kickstarter

Post by Zamaster »

FreeBASIC boiz. I've been waiting to make this post for months. Inspired by Lachie's FBGD comp, I started a game with my friend called Nomera and had no idea it would go as far as it did. Its a metroidvania with stealth, explosions, and Myst like puzzle solving.

Since this game and its development tools have been written entirely in FreeBASIC (and the first game of this magnitude to do so I believe), it would mean so much to me if you guys AT LEAST checked it out and maybe supported it, this forum is part of my family!

Click the link and watch the video!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2144358465/nomera
srvaldez

Re: Nomera on Kickstarter

Post by srvaldez »

looks really good Zamaster

I will donate in 2 or 3 weeks, need to pay paypal first.
Zamaster

Post by Zamaster »

Thank you so much! I bragged a little about FB on the Kickstarter because its such a trip. Even if I can just get exposure for this project that would help!
anonymous1337

Post by anonymous1337 »

Hey, man. It's awesome that you're taking this further. The last game we worked on didn't pan out so well. That was back in... 2007-ish? :P

I still need help making Mr. Rollz. I'm not sure 100% CPU or ASM would be appropriate, though...
BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

The graphics and sound are superb.

Although I don't actually play computer games myself my understanding is you need to provide a free first level and if it is addictive people will pay for the other stages. Although the video looks good it doesn't really enable anyone to know what it is like to actually play the game.
Zamaster

Post by Zamaster »

@anonymous1337

Ha no no, we're only doing it because we want to go really authentically 90's and while the payoff has been big, I would NEVER do it again!

@BasicCoder2

We've got plenty of levels, but what you're describing sounds a bit more like Steam GreenLight (people play a demo and if they like it, vote for it to get sold). Kickstarter is more of a, "we're this far, but we can't finish it without your help!" Which is true! We do need help!
BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

I wasn't thinking about how many levels there were as such I was thinking of candy crush,
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-cand ... 13-10?IR=T
People know what they are getting before they buy the extras.
A glossy game video with appealing music doesn't reveal what it would be like to actually play the game. You may think it is great to play but ultimately it is the gamer that decides and you have to convince them it is worth whatever your asking price is. So I am suggesting you need to provide a playable demo on the internet and see if the gamers are salivating for more.
Zamaster

Post by Zamaster »

I wouldn't be Kickstarter-ing it if I had that O_o. We have playable sections, and enough to know where its going (hence the video), but to really turn it into a finished game we need funding => time to do so.
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

donated as promised, good luck Zamaster.
St_W

Post by St_W »

I was watching the kickstarter campaign over the last weeks and unfortunately it seems it hasn't reached the number of people, that would have been necessary to reach the goal of 50k. I guess advertising plays a crucial role in a successful campaign and I considered 50k an ambitious goal already in the beginning, having "Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams" in mind. That project (by professional game developers) was mentioned on many well-known (tech-)news sites and just reached the goal of "only" three times as much (150k) (after their previous similar project failed).

So I wish you good luck for your next project!
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

It's a shame, I *really* liked the trailer. Is there at least a demo or something we could play? :|
BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

The trailer did show a game that seemed to have great potential and probably does but good graphics and sound do not a game make and unfortunately they didn't have any playable demo to show what the game play would actually be like.

The Giana Sisters mentioned was already an established game so in a sense anyone wanting to support a glossy upgrade to the graphics would have known what they were supporting.
sancho2

Post by sancho2 »

This game certainly looked good. The graphics presented on the kickstarter page were absolutely great.
From what I can glean off the kickstarter, there is a ton of work completed for this game. It would not suprise me at all if this resurfaced in some other scenario, perhaps private investor or sold to a larger operation.
Good luck to them, and I hope they can resuscitate this project.
Merick

Post by Merick »

Should have gone with Go Fund Me, then you would have gotten the donations even if you didn't reach your goal