Lt-FreePcb : LTSpice and FreePcb working together

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
enform

Lt-FreePcb : LTSpice and FreePcb working together

Postby enform » Jul 17, 2014 21:37

Hello ,

LTSpice is a good simulator ; It exports a netlist without packages .
FreePcb is a good Pcb designer , easy to use ; it can import a netlist with packages .

Lt-FreePcb builds a netlist with packages from the LTSpice netlist and it copies positions of components from
the schematic file ( *.asc) to the FreePcb project file ( *.fpc ) .
It's easy to start a pcb like this ...

This is the help file :

Code: Select all

I don't know a complete free software for simulation + Pcb .

LT-FreePcb is an interface between LtSpiceIV  and FreePCB , that imports :

- a netlist exported by LtSpice ( PADS-PCB ) : example : xxx.net

- the LtSpice project ( xxx.asc ) with the components positionned like you want for the pcb ! this is the     initial reference for positionning !

- the FreePcb project ( xxx.fpc ) with the components not positionned in FreePcb

- no packages in the netlist exported by LtSpice ; LT-FreePcb uses ' by default ' components + components by click on a list .

- these components are created by me , for LtSpice and for FreePcb  ( new librairies to include where they are needed ) .   

LT-FreePcb exports :

- a netlist for FreePcb ( Mod_xxx.net )

- the FreePcb project ( Mod_xxx.fpc ) updated with new components ( if you want that ) , and position of components : initial positions are taken in the LtSpice project ( xxx.asc ) , and you can adjust them visually with the mouse ( positionning  x , y , zoom vertical and horizontal ).

LT-FreePcb cannot create a project for FreePcb from scratch  ... ( I cannot , too much complicated ...) , so i have to begin  a project  in FreePcb with only a netlist , and save it for LT-FreePcb :

- in LtSpice :

- begin  a project with the components positionned like i want for the pcb  ; important , nothing is magic ...

- save the netlist (choice : PADS-PCB ) --> ( xxx.net )  and the project ( xxx.asc )

- in LT-FreePcb :

- Load the netlist exported by LtSpice  ( xxx.net )

- choose components 'by default ' , click  Final.net  , choose the LT project ( xxx.asc ) in the file selector

--> change components , packages , or not  ( also in case of click on ' Update ' , continue here )

- Save.net for FreePcb --> ( Mod_xxx.net )

- don't close LT-FreePcb

- in FreePcb :

- begin  a project   xxx.fpc

- import a ' Final ' netlist ( Mod_xxx.net )

- save the project without positionning the components

- in LT-FreePcb :

- Auto place . Ask for xxx.asc  in a file selector . now , --> resizing with the mouse

- Save.fpc , choose the FreePcb  project ( xxx.fpc ) in the file selector ; it will be updated to Mod_xxx.fpc

- in FreePcb :

- reload the project WITH the new name ( Mod_xxx.fpc ) : components are positionnned

- continue the job . There is no backannotation , but the xxx.asc file can be modified in LT .

- Click ' Update ' in  LT-FreePcb .

- New values are loaded , ' Final ' net is displayed , continue to :  ' --> change components ,  packages , or not '
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in ' packages-lt.txt ' :

Do not modify the lines : *Header  , *------------- , ***** , *DEFAULT PACKAGES* and *END* ; they are used as marks .
In the lines  :  n-to92-ebc ,n-to92-bce , etc  , suffixes 'ebc' , 'bce' ,'bec' , are used for netlist calculation . Do not modify 'ebc', 'bce' ,'bec'.

Datas are editable  :

A / Packages before *DEFAULT PACKAGES* .(space between lines is only for clarity ,you can remove it).
    You can add or remove packages in the good place. ( ex : bc 548,bc107 ...  -->  under n-to92-ebc)

B / Default packages after *DEFAULT PACKAGES*  : ( But always 13 DEFAULT PACKAGES in the same order ).

3 for resistors          : RC05 (5*2.54mm), RC06 (6*2.54mm), RC07  (7*2.54mm)         . The 1st  will be checked at start !  choose the order here
3 for axial capacitors   : CK05 (5*2.54mm), CK06 (6*2.54mm), CK07  (7*2.54mm)         . The 2nd  will be checked          ! . . . . . . . . . .
3 for radial capacitors  : RAD-248 (1*2.54mm), RAD-394 (2*2.54mm), RAD-630   (3*2.54mm) . The 2nd  will be checked          !
3 for diodes             : DO-7 (4*2.54mm),DO-15 (4*2.54mm) , DO-26 (6*2.54mm)        . The 1st  will be checked           !
1 for inductor           : IND-06  (6*2.54mm). ( 1 actually by default , 3 by manual choice in the clickable list ).

Packages for Transistors with standard names and packages ,or specific names (and footprints names in pcb software):
    bc547,bc639, etc ...,n-to-92ebc or n-to-92bce ,n-to-126 bce ,... TO-220 bce , TO-3P bce . NPNs and PNPs .
    you can use (click on it) generic packages : n-to-92ebc , n-to-92bce , etc , if footprints exist in Freepcb  .

After simulations with LTspice , you can replace the transistors by these packages ,before saving the netlist ( just 2 clicks ) ; ( ex : bc547 becomes n-to-92ebc , a generic )
 original packages in LT are made for Spice only , with specific pinouts ( always C = 1 , B = 2 , E = 3 ) , this is why i use new packages .

For resistors,capacitors,diodes and inductors , no changes , packages are correct . LtPcbNetlist will attribute a default package .

After that ,manual changes are possible by clicks .

But for inductors , the names are created by me  : IND-05 , IND-06 , IND-08 .( 0x * 2.54mm) .

For analog ICs , actually only one specific package : DIP8 for ' TL071 '  . For a ' TL072 ' , maybe later ... ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commands :

- Load.net : netlist from LtSpice   ( xxx.net )

- Final.net : netlist for FreePcb  . You have to select the LtSpice project ( xxx.asc ) , the Final netlist is displayed

- Auto place : global positionning , sizing pcb

- Update : reload the netlist , if the netlist has been modified in LtSpice , or if you want change  ' by default ' components  : choose a new ' by default ' component , and click ' Update '

- Save.net : save the netlist for FreePcb . The xxx.net is renamed  Mod_xxx.net

- Save fpc : the project xxx.fpc (from FreePcb) is updated with the new positions and saved Mod_xxx.fpc

How to :
  - change a component  in the 'Final' tab  : select a new component in the global list and click on the one to change in the 'Final' tab:
      ex : Q1   BC547  @n-to2-ebc   -->  Q1   BC549C  @n-to2-ebc 

the package of a res , cap , ind , diode can be changed ; but for a transistor only if the footprint is the same : ebc , bce ...

because the net will not be modified .

Place all the files  in the same directory . Good luck !

Download : http://www.packupload.com/W5U5PJFYUZ6

Download 2 : http://speedy.sh/cqU5T/Lt-FreePcb.zip with 2 jpg : main window and sizing + standard.bjt

MD5 : 2037DBCBA7E86B1B52C4382DDD7A043F Lt-FreePcb96.exe

179 Ko (183 808 octets)

No install , just an exe .
Last edited by enform on Jul 21, 2014 13:22, edited 2 times in total.
sean_vn

Re: Lt-FreePcb : LTSpice and FreePcb working together

Postby sean_vn » Jul 18, 2014 2:47

Deleted.
Last edited by sean_vn on Oct 15, 2014 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
enform

Postby enform » Jul 18, 2014 10:02

You can be the first user in the world ! 0.000001% ! Take your chance .
sean_vn

Postby sean_vn » Jul 18, 2014 13:47

Thanks, that's useful.
Last edited by sean_vn on Jul 19, 2014 0:08, edited 1 time in total.
enform

Postby enform » Jul 18, 2014 17:05

EvoSpice2.zip cannot be extracted ... with 3 zip managers .
What is a numerical optimizer ?
sean_vn

Postby sean_vn » Jul 19, 2014 0:08

The purpose is to find component values that minimize or maximize a (simulation) measurement.
Last edited by sean_vn on Jul 20, 2014 0:10, edited 2 times in total.
enform

Postby enform » Jul 19, 2014 7:34

Same result . XP or Linux .
Try to download it and extract ?
sean_vn

Postby sean_vn » Jul 19, 2014 23:38

Deleted.
Last edited by sean_vn on Oct 15, 2014 11:29, edited 2 times in total.
sean_vn

Postby sean_vn » Jul 19, 2014 23:40

Deleted.
Last edited by sean_vn on Oct 15, 2014 11:29, edited 1 time in total.
sean_vn

Postby sean_vn » Jul 19, 2014 23:45

Deleted.
Last edited by sean_vn on Oct 15, 2014 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
sean_vn

Postby sean_vn » Jul 19, 2014 23:49

Deleted.
enform

Postby enform » Jul 20, 2014 16:55

Beautiful lines of code !
But i see only subs and functions , no main : probably a hard task for me to add this part ...
I don't know if i have to use a tool like this one for my Diy circuits ... for an 'amateur' usage ...
The soldering iron is cold the most part of the time now ...

I add a new tool to Projects : a multi tone-bursts , for the sound card . 8 signals .
Using it with Arta and an oscillo is a good idea ...
With bursts , measuring tweeters is not too dangerous !
enform

Postby enform » Jul 21, 2014 13:23

Edit 1st post : new link with 2 jpg : main window and sizing + standard.bjt
sean_vn

Postby sean_vn » Jul 30, 2014 2:58

Deleted.
rickb

Postby rickb » Oct 03, 2014 21:04

Enform:

I replied to your post on the freepcb forum.

http://www.freepcb.com/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi?post=10016#10016

Rick

Return to “Projects”