FBEdit Goto Include fixed for GIT FBC

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Imortis

FBEdit Goto Include fixed for GIT FBC

Postby Imortis » Apr 23, 2012 14:17

In the new folder structure from the GIT repo, FBEdits "press ctrl and click the name to open the include file" feature does not work because the include folder has changed it's name.

If anyone else is interested, I edited the FBEdit source code to fix this problem.

http://back2basic.phatcode.net/downloads/FBedit.zip

That is a zip with just the exe in it nothing else. You will still need a full download of FBEdit to use this.

Also, don't use it if you are using the latest FB official release. It will break the above feature.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Also, the help Addin has been fixed to use FBEdit's INI as the source for keywords instead of it's own internal list:
http://back2basic.phatcode.net/downloads/HelpAddin.zip
Last edited by Imortis on May 10, 2012 15:49, edited 3 times in total.
Imortis

Re: FBEdit Goto Include fixed for GIT FBC

Postby Imortis » Apr 24, 2012 14:56

Updated again to fix the #include autocomplete feature. Link is the same as above.
Imortis

Postby Imortis » Apr 28, 2012 1:36

Yet another Update.

Added the compiler include path to the path options dialog box, allowed for auto updating of the INI file for people upgrading from an old version of the program, added Recode's replace bug fix (from here), and increases the version number.

Link in first post. Enjoy!
Zippy

Postby Zippy » Apr 28, 2012 2:54

Imortis wrote:<snip>
If anyone else is interested, I edited the FBEdit source code to fix this problem.
<snip>

I didn't know that the FBEdit source code was available (not that I want access to it, and please tell me that it isn't part of the download..). This is a very good thing. And better that someone (thanks Imortis) is willing to address problems at will (Imortis is not obligated).

A question, tho, is what has become of KetilO? I hope that he knows that his efforts are appreciated.
Imortis

Postby Imortis » Apr 28, 2012 3:01

Zippy wrote:I didn't know that the FBEdit source code was available (not that I want access to it, and please tell me that it isn't part of the download..). This is a very good thing. And better that someone (thanks Imortis) is willing to address problems at will (Imortis is not obligated).

A question, tho, is what has become of KetilO? I hope that he knows that his efforts are appreciated.

FBEdit has it's own sourceforge page. The code is available from the SVN repo. The source code is not in this download. All that is there is the compiled EXE.

The licence in the FBEDIT source is "FbEdit and all sources are free to use in any way you see fit."

As to KetilO, he is not responding to emails and the like, but some of the projects in his sourceforge repo were updated quite recently, so he is still around, it would seem.
Zippy

Postby Zippy » Apr 28, 2012 3:37

Noted, thanks for the reply.

I meant that I hoped that the source code wasn't part of the FBEdit install package (if it was, then I unknowingly had the source code from day-one). You were quite clear that your mod is the EXE only. Quite. Clear.

Kudos KetilO.
VANYA

Postby VANYA » Apr 28, 2012 6:50

It is unfortunate that KetilO no longer involved in their product. I have at least a few bugs in the editor:

1) No autocompletion in blocks Namespace

example:

Code: Select all

Namespace QQ
   Type a
      aa As Integer
      bb As Integer
   End Type
End Namespace

Using QQ

Dim p As a

? p.aa ' <- no autocompletion

2) Does not work in the auto-indent blocks Destructor, Constructor

3) krakozyabrami when copying to the clipboard Russian characters (not always)

4) does not work plug CP1251 To Cp866

5) Do not work correctly plug the output of information (bottom window) when you enter into a calculation:

? hex(33)

He writes: Variables only in debug mode
Imortis

Postby Imortis » Apr 28, 2012 17:53

VANYA wrote:It is unfortunate that KetilO no longer involved in their product. I have at least a few bugs in the editor:

1) No autocompletion in blocks Namespace

example:

Namespace QQ
   Type a
      aa As Integer
      bb As Integer
   End Type
End Namespace

Using QQ

Dim p As a

? p.aa ' <- no autocompletion

2) Does not work in the auto-indent blocks Destructor, Constructor

3) krakozyabrami when copying to the clipboard Russian characters (not always)

4) does not work plug CP1251 To Cp866

5) Do not work correctly plug the output of information (bottom window) when you enter into a calculation:

? hex(33)

He writes: Variables only in debug mode

One and two are on my list to fix as well as some other keyword related issues. I'm afraid I doon't understand #3. I will look into #4 and #5.
counting_pine
Site Admin

Postby counting_pine » Apr 29, 2012 2:38

Imortis wrote:
VANYA wrote:3) krakozyabrami when copying to the clipboard Russian characters (not always)
I'm afraid I doon't understand #3.

Maybe Кракозябры?
Imortis

Postby Imortis » Apr 29, 2012 4:30

The auto indent issue is because of the INI file.

You can add these manually to bottom of the [AutoFormat] section of the INI:

30=constructor $,30,0,1
31=end constructor,30,0,0
32=destructor $,32,0,1
33=end destructor,32,0,0
34=enum,34,0,1
35=end enum,34,0,0
36=class $,36,0,1
37=end class,36,0,0

You will also want to change #10 in the [Block] section of the INI:

10=enum,End Enum,,,4

And add this line to the bottom of the [Block] section of the INI:

20=class $,End Class,,,4

I have already set up the code to add the missing lines to the INI, but haven't figured out how to alter a line automatically yet. I also haven't figured out how to add the new ones if your INI has already been updated to the latest version. I would have to make yet another version change, and that seems silly for just some INI file updates.
VANYA

Postby VANYA » Apr 29, 2012 5:12

Imortis wrote:I have already set up the code to add the missing lines to the INI, but haven't figured out how to alter a line automatically yet. I also haven't figured out how to add the new ones if your INI has already been updated to the latest version. I would have to make yet another version change, and that seems sill for just some INI file updates.

I had already tried to do that! While the number of blocks less than 31, it works, but when you add the rest do not work. If you have added all since you wrote to me, try to write a simple code with ENUM, then press the STRL+SHIFT+F12 or by selecting Format-> auto-indent

counting_pine wrote:Maybe Кракозябры?

Yes
Imortis

Postby Imortis » Apr 29, 2012 13:13

VANYA wrote:
Imortis wrote:I have already set up the code to add the missing lines to the INI, but haven't figured out how to alter a line automatically yet. I also haven't figured out how to add the new ones if your INI has already been updated to the latest version. I would have to make yet another version change, and that seems sill for just some INI file updates.

I had already tried to do that! While the number of blocks less than 31, it works, but when you add the rest do not work. If you have added all since you wrote to me, try to write a simple code with ENUM, then press the STRL+SHIFT+F12 or by selecting Format-> auto-indent

counting_pine wrote:Maybe Кракозябры?

Yes

Ah! I see. I thought you were talking about the autoformat, as in when you press enter after Enum it adds the end enum and indents in the middle. I see the problem now. I'll get on it.
Imortis

Postby Imortis » Apr 29, 2012 18:40

VANYA wrote:I had already tried to do that! While the number of blocks less than 31, it works, but when you add the rest do not work. If you have added all since you wrote to me, try to write a simple code with ENUM, then press the STRL+SHIFT+F12 or by selecting Format-> auto-indent

Now that I know what to look for, I have fixed it. It seems to work just fine for all added items. Thanks for the clarification, VANYA. I will update the link shortly.

EDIT: Download update.
VANYA

Postby VANYA » Apr 29, 2012 19:21

Imortis wrote:Now that I know what to look for, I have fixed it. It seems to work just fine for all added items. Thanks for the clarification, VANYA. I will update the link shortly.

Thank you that doing the editor. Now, auto-indent is working properly. You can have few complaints? :)

1) Another poorly done in the editor to add keywords for [b] Help [/ b] These words are necessary when you move the mouse and press F1 for help on the team. Not all commands are entered there, and put them problematic, because it's all sewn up in a DLL. It would be nice to load keywords from file.

2) The debugger does not turn off the first time. I use FbDebbuger, but it would be nice to fix it :)

3) When transferring projects Drag and Drop, they are not loaded automatically they have to manually load
Imortis

Postby Imortis » Apr 29, 2012 20:39

VANYA wrote:
Imortis wrote:Now that I know what to look for, I have fixed it. It seems to work just fine for all added items. Thanks for the clarification, VANYA. I will update the link shortly.

Thank you that doing the editor. Now, auto-indent is working properly. You can have few complaints? :)

1) Another poorly done in the editor to add keywords for [b] Help [/ b] These words are necessary when you move the mouse and press F1 for help on the team. Not all commands are entered there, and put them problematic, because it's all sewn up in a DLL. It would be nice to load keywords from file.

2) The debugger does not turn off the first time. I use FbDebbuger, but it would be nice to fix it :)

3) When transferring projects Drag and Drop, they are not loaded automatically they have to manually load

1) I looked at this and it is simple enough. It could be done, but I make no promises I will do it.

2) I know nothing about the debugger and I would need to do a lot of research to figure it out. That means I will try but it may be a while.

3) I must be miss understanding this one. I checked it just now (Drag and drop a project file onto it) and it seems to open the project just fine. If you could clarify.

Return to “Projects”