Smack! game

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
creek23

Smack! game

Post by creek23 »

Hi all,

Not sure if this game is a qualified FB project, since this game is basically a collection of data files for a game engine (Quixie) which is written in FreeBASIC. Nonetheless, I'd like to show the game (may not be worthy of the word 'game' as it is just a tech-demo and in it's early alpha) that me and my colleague created out of our idle time, called Smack!.

Quixie runs on Windows and GNU/Linux so this game is expected to run on both.

~creek23
Lachie Dazdarian

Re: Smack! game

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

Hrm, it shouldn't be dependent of any other program in my opinion. Do you plan for Quixie projects to be fully compilable?
creek23

Re: Smack! game

Post by creek23 »

Hi Lachie!

I've envisioned Quixie to behave like Adobe's Flash Player, where Quixie-based games will be distributed as a single file like Adobe's SWF and have a single Flash Player installed. But since most of the library I use are loading the resources(image/sound) from the file, my only way of emulating an SWF file is by zipping the resource and unpacking it in a TEMP directory and executing it from there -- which I haven't implemented yet. :(

~creek23