Custom BMP loader source code

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Leonheart

Custom BMP loader source code

Postby Leonheart » Apr 23, 2011 2:35

Just an old lib source code for custom BMP loader.
Maybe someone may find it useful after new release of FB can broken old .a compability.

http://xaviorsoft.freebasic.net/dev/arm ... source.rar
TESLACOIL

what does it do ?

Postby TESLACOIL » Apr 23, 2011 5:23

what does it do ? quick explanation
Lachie Dazdarian

Re: what does it do ?

Postby Lachie Dazdarian » Apr 23, 2011 12:22

TESLACOIL wrote:what does it do ? quick explanation

custom BMP loader

Anyway, I never found much use for a BMP loader with BSAVE and BLOAD available.
Destructosoft

Postby Destructosoft » Apr 24, 2011 2:05

Alternates to BLOAD/BSAVE could be made quite easily, which would load/save the image data in an entirely different order, rendering the picture unreadable by any other program.

Generally, switching or reversing X and Y would be part of it, but my take on such a project would include switching/reversing certain RGBA channels and leaving the perceived image an unholy mess. (Imagine having to take the red from one pixel, 255-green from another and (blue+128)mod 256 from a third, then...)

Of course, my main impetus right now is coding games, and I already have a way to obscure my game image files, so I leave it to other people to run with this idea if they choose.
pestery

Postby pestery » Apr 24, 2011 2:35

I made one of those. Suitable for easy use with OpenGL, BMP files and TGA files. Although there are that many bitmap loaders around I almost think its a "Rite of passage" to create one ;)
Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Apr 25, 2011 22:25

I made a merger that merges a 24bit bmp (diffuse) and a 24bit bmp (alpha) into a 32bit bmp :)

http://fbcraft.fwsnet.net/merge32.exe

may be useful if you are making games, but i dont know if it actually works :D
TESLACOIL

Postby TESLACOIL » Apr 26, 2011 8:57

Destructosoft you do realize that people stealing you pictures and code is the best form of advertising and flattery you can get ? lol

M$ wouldn't be where it is today without there being countless millions of pirated OS disks

Ive never understood why people get so protective of their code and work, especially when you live on a planet where works far finer than yours are available in great abundance

especially when so many protective types use a huge amount of pirated or plagiarized software, shareware and freeware themselves...i dont need to look at your hard disk to know that much is true do i ? lool

information wants to be free ....especially the good stuff

Return to “Projects”