FireFly Visual Designer for FreeBASIC (Updated March 8, 2016)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
dkl
Site Admin

Re: FireFly Visual Designer for FreeBASIC (Updated Mar 29, 2

Postby dkl » Apr 03, 2015 18:54

Looks like the old Windows API headers provided the "OFNA" type, while in the new headers it's called "tagOFNA" as in the C headers. I think it's best to use the documented name (OPENFILENAMEA) instead of the internal version, but that's definitely a backwards-compatibility break which could be annoying. Although, there's a simple work-around: type OFNA as OPENFILENAMEA
PaulSquires

Postby PaulSquires » Apr 04, 2015 13:32

Marpon pointed out to me the OFNA issue a few days ago. I have the wrappers updated to use OPENFILENAME and it all seems to work okay. I have also added ability to specifiy 32bit and 64 bit compiler settings and switch between the two easily from within the project. Each compiler output is created in separate folders (release for 32bit, and release64 for 64 bit). I will post a new download very soon.
Jonge

Postby Jonge » Apr 04, 2015 19:30

A small addition I would like is adding code "Folding" for Property / End Property blocks (Just like Sub / Functions)
PaulSquires

Postby PaulSquires » Apr 04, 2015 19:53

Hi everyone,

I just uploaded FireFly for FreeBASIC v3.73 to the website.
http://www.planetsquires.com/firefly_freebasic.html

FireFly for FreeBASIC is freeware.

Here are the list of changes and additions:

FireFly3 - 3.73 (Released 2015-04-04) [ View Issues ]
=====================================
- 0000901: [Bug] FB: Use the statusbar editor and add two panels, then remove the two panels and then compile (array subscript error) (Paul Squires) - closed.
- 0000900: [Change] FB: Added #defines to allow compiling with FB 32bit v1.01 and earlier FB versions (Paul Squires) - closed.
- 0000899: [Change] FB: Changed FF_SaveFileDialog to use OPENFILENAME structure (instead of OLFN) (Paul Squires) - closed.
- 0000898: [Change] FB: Changed FF_OpenFileDialog to use OPENFILENAME structure (instead of OLFN) (Paul Squires) - closed.
- 0000897: [New Feature Request] FB: Added \release64 folder for FreeBASIC 64bit projects (Paul Squires) - closed.
- 0000896: [New Feature Request] FB: Added compiler setup for 64bit version and selection of 32/64 bit for each project (Paul Squires) - closed.

[6 issues]
RhodyRich

Postby RhodyRich » Apr 08, 2015 16:21

When FireFly loads I receive a "Data Folder Conflict" error message. What do I need to do to eliminate this error message?
Loe

Postby Loe » Apr 09, 2015 6:08

Hi Paul,
thank you for your update.

I found some tiny bug in 3.73 version
1. it still show 3.72 version in about box
2. it still use %SW_SHOWNORMAL
3. it still use %SW_SHOWMINIMIZED
4. it still use %SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED

for 2-4 I just have to use hex editor to replace % with [space]
PaulSquires

Postby PaulSquires » Apr 09, 2015 12:56

RhodyRich wrote:When FireFly loads I receive a "Data Folder Conflict" error message. What do I need to do to eliminate this error message?

You probably had previously installed an earlier version that used the automated installer(?). That installer would create folders off of "My Documents". The latest Firefly versions now only come in a simple rar archive. If you unzip that archive then you will have local folders and also the "My documents" folders thereby causing the conflict. Personally, I would delete the Firefly My Documents folder and just use the local install.
PaulSquires

Postby PaulSquires » Apr 09, 2015 13:08

Loe wrote:Hi Paul,
thank you for your update.

I found some tiny bug in 3.73 version
1. it still show 3.72 version in about box

for 2-4 I just have to use hex editor to replace % with [space]

Hi Loe,

Oops, yes I forgot to bump up the version number.

Where are you seeing those "%" equates? Is it when you use the "WindowState" property?
jcfuller

Postby jcfuller » Apr 09, 2015 15:14

Paul,
The help file needs updating for FreeBasic.
Many references to PowerBASIC and related PowerBASIC code (Jose's Includes)

James
marpon

Postby marpon » Apr 10, 2015 17:43

@ Loe

Where have you found these equates ? in Freebasic generated code ?
I've tested to trap them , but nether get in the freebasic generated code ,

(only seen as you said in the firefly.exe:
but its normal , it is coded in PowerBasic and PowerBasic use equates with % as const )

what wrong with that ?

@Paul
Thanks for the last version ( i do not see differences, with the last i've tested from your mail , is it the same ? )

During testing I've been blocked

Still the same annoying bug on the editor, I've noticed you before.

i'll try to explain with simple test
put something like that in the editor ( new module or new form without no code )
1aaaaa
2bbbbb
3ccccc
4ddddd
5eeeee
6fffff
7ggggg
8hhhhh
9iiiii
10jjjjj
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

now select 3 lines as following
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

copy the selection

now select 3 complete lines in the range 4ddddd to 10jjjjj
Paste and see the effect , it normally has to replace the 3 selected lines , it is not the case

really annoying, big confusion in the code

even worst , take the same initial test , and select/copy the 3 last lines

if you try to select 5 lines from 4ddddd to 8hhhhh and past , the program will GPF

and you loose what you have coded after the last save

It is not a new bug , it was also on older versions freebasic i've tested

in fact the target position to copy is wrong and if you select more lines to replace than target first line +1 it will GPF
Loe

Postby Loe » Apr 10, 2015 23:47

@Paul & Marc,
yes i know, Paul had mention firefly made with PB. in FB we can use % 'type' mark in deprecated mode if I recall correctly.

I found %SW_SHOWNORMAL bug in MDI sample generated code. % bug was cause it can not compiled. After I look in exe I found 2 other bug.

But as I said it wasn't a big problem, it still a great job :)
Loe

Postby Loe » Apr 11, 2015 2:10

oops forgot to request,

1.yes firefly had link to 'help' file, but it lack a feature to point to highlighted topic.
I mean if our cursor positioned in messagebox, then if we click F1 it will bring us to the topic in help file

2.feature to open include file just to position cursor in #include once "include.bi" for example.

thank you
PaulSquires

Re: FireFly Visual Designer for FreeBASIC (Updated June 2, 2

Postby PaulSquires » Jun 03, 2015 15:55

I have updated the original first post of this thread.

FireFly for FreeBASIC v3.74 uploaded:

FireFly3 - 3.74 (Released 2015-06-02)
===================================
- 0000913: [Change] FB: Modified parser to identify FF Functions within Type Properties (Paul Squires) - closed.
- 0000911: [New Feature Request] FB/PB: Added support for F1 Help for WinAPI keywords using the newly supplied Win32_fb.chm help file (Paul Squires) - closed.
- 0000912: [Change] FB: Eliminate startup My Documents data folder check. FB allows local install only. (Paul Squires) - closed.
- 0000910: [Bug] FB: Changed FF_ListView_GetCountPage to FF_ListView_GetCountPerPage (Paul Squires) - closed.
- 0000907: [Bug] FB/PB: Code editor crash copy/paste crash (also during Insert Code Favorite/Comment) (Paul Squires) - closed.
- 0000909: [Bug] FB: Corrected situation where FF_Replace could go into infinite loop (Paul Squires) - closed.
- 0000908: [Change] FB/PB: Pressing F1 on keyword should display topic in FB/PB Help file (Paul Squires) - closed.
- 0000903: [Bug] FB/PB: ComboBox/ListBox "Custom" property editor now allows leading spaces for items being added (Paul Squires) - closed.
- 0000905: [Bug] FB/PB: After failed compile, FF is running a previously existing version of the project exe (Paul Squires) - closed.
- 0000902: [Change] FB: Removed % from %SW_SHOWNORMAL|%SW_SHOWMINIMIZED|%SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED in WindowState property (Paul Squires) - closed.

PaulSquires

Re: FireFly Visual Designer for FreeBASIC (Updated June 2, 2

Postby PaulSquires » Jun 07, 2015 0:38

FireFly for FreeBASIC v3.75 uploaded:

FireFly3 - 3.75 (Released 2015-06-06)
==========================
- 0000917: [Change] FB/PB: Improved code to determine if existing EXE is running prior to initiating a code generation and compile (Paul Squires) - closed.
- 0000916: [Change] FB: Updated codetips_win32.txt file to use more FB centric version as provided by Marc Pons (Paul Squires) - closed.
- 0000915: [New Feature Request] FB: New FireFly Functions FF_ClipboardSetText and FF_ClipboardGetText (Paul Squires) - closed.
- 0000914: [New Feature Request] FB/PB: Add bottom tab and top menu option 'Compiler Log'. Show most recent compiler log output. (Paul Squires) - closed.

VANYA

Re: FireFly Visual Designer for FreeBASIC (Updated June 6, 2

Postby VANYA » Jun 07, 2015 12:29

Hi PaulSquires!

Is it possible to somehow affect the core code of the project? I have a new compiler, but I use old headers. I do not want to edit or use the new headers. As a result, I get out the error:

...variable not declared GCLP_HBRBACKGROUND....

It would be nice to FireFly generates something like this:

#ifndef GCLP_HBRBACKGROUND
#define GCLP_HBRBACKGROUND GCL_HBRBACKGROUND
#endif

Return to “Projects”