Alvarian Tales Project - March 2013

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
mrToad

Re: Alvarian Tales Project - March 2013

Post by mrToad »

March, 2013 Update: See first post.
Jonge

Post by Jonge »

Looks interesting, would be nice to see it in action. Could become hard to get all the gfx to have the same "style" ?
mrToad

Post by mrToad »

Thanks for your reply Jonge. Actually I can render 3D objects and characters with a toon effect, which makes them fit in pretty good with the toonish photograph scenes.

I've just attached an introductory video to show how I can do animations. See first post, or click below.

Introduction Video (WIP)
Lachie Dazdarian

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

Sorry the see the original concept ditched completely, but that's one impressive video.

It this work of a single person, or you have a team?

With such high production values, you still plan to release this as freeware?

Anyway, impressive direction you've choosen. Good luck. The starts are looking very promising already. Keep us posted, please. :)
mrToad

Post by mrToad »

Thanks Lachie, I know I've ditched the original stuff LOL. But actually I have a copy of that and it could remain its own project.

But yeah, it's just me man. Modeled the room, and girl, built joint system and IK handles, animated her, my own sounds and ambient background. Now you see why it takes me a year to update. xD

I'm not really thinking about money, but hey, might charge a few bucks later. Whateva.

I was going to update earlier but I was modelling these huge 3D scenes and it was like, taking forever. All a sudden I was playing around with photos and realized I could get a toon effect and make really nice scenes in a few minutes. Waw. So much easier. The scenes in the video you saw are 3D, but in the screenshot in first post it is a photo taken in Thailand, when I visited my wife's family, that was vectorized (just for effect) and resaved.
badmrbox

Post by badmrbox »

I really like this new style you are going for mrToad. The video was impressive :).