FB debugger : 2.93 32/64 BIT ..... (Sept 5th, 2018)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
VANYA

Re: FB debugger : 2.93 32/64 BIT ..... (Sept 5th, 2018)

Postby VANYA » Apr 17, 2019 14:22

I hope you someday make a debugger for Linux. I'll be waiting. Good luck!
micheck

Postby micheck » Jun 23, 2019 10:28

Please the probably stupid questions but ... FIRST thank all of you for the the Free Basic language and the Free Basic Debugger !!!

Now, my problem - I wrote a small program with many loops that runs (up to some point I don't see and then blows out - I need the debugger to trace out my mistake. So I installed the debugger in its own folder - recompiled my program using ' -g ' and the size of the .EXE grew from 30 k to about 100 k - and the debugger started; I choose my .EXE ; and BINGO - error message - must recompile with ' -g '' Thoughts??

Charles Michener
SARG

Postby SARG » Jun 25, 2019 10:37

Hi Charles,
micheck wrote:Please the probably stupid questions but ... FIRST thank all of you for the the Free Basic language and the Free Basic Debugger !!!
There is no stupid question ...
You are welcome.

micheck wrote:Now, my problem - I wrote a small program with many loops that runs (up to some point I don't see and then blows out - I need the debugger to trace out my mistake. So I installed the debugger in its own folder - recompiled my program using ' -g ' and the size of the .EXE grew from 30 k to about 100 k - and the debugger started; I choose my .EXE ; and BINGO - error message - must recompile with ' -g '' Thoughts??

Sorry but I have some questions before really be able to help you :
- What version (Freebasic and FBdebugger) do you use ?
- Do you compile with -gen gas or with gcc 32/64 ?
- What is the exact message ?
Maybe this one : "NO information for Debugging","Compile again with option -g"+Chr(10)+"And in case of GCC 4 add also '-Wc -gstabs+' or '-Wc -gdwarf-2'"
- Try with a very small program (something like print "this is my test")
- Post your code

Return to “Projects”