FB debugger : 3.02 32/64 BIT WDS/LNX..... (2023/07/05)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
SARG

Post by SARG »

Just a new version, see first post.
JaDogg

Post by JaDogg »

COOL you are great
St_W

Post by St_W »

Great application. It's nice to see that development doesn't stand still and you are still working on it.

I've only used your debugger as exteral application. Is it possible to integrate the functionality of your debugger into an IDE as FBedit? (like in Microsoft Visual Studio). I think an integrated debugger is more convenient than an external one.

Just a question: Do you have ever thought about publishing the source code some day? I think it would be very interesting and additionally it's coded in FreeBasic.
AGS

Post by AGS »

St_W, SARG posted this in another discussion:
@Mclovin

Nice to see that someone uses FBdebugger :-)
By the way, I'm ready to share the code, AGS or anybody else interested.
So I'd say SARG wants to share the code. I was hoping SARG would ship the source code with the executable but after downloading the latest version of the debugger I found no source code inside.

Could you package the source with the executable, SARG? I'm interested to see how you've programmed the debugger.

And what about an executable that contains debugging symbols? As in: you build the debugger using fbc -g and release it so we can debug your debugger using your debugger :)
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

SARG,

I downloaded the most recent svn code and recompiled the fbc.exe using your new emit debug change. You can get the new fbc.exe from this link (it is only the fbc.exe, it should work with your current Imortis download).

http://www.freebasiccompiler.com/files/fbc.rar (421K)

Please let me know if it works for you. It seems to work with the test code that you posted in another thread.
SARG

Post by SARG »

A new version, no real change, but with the SOURCE. it's a good moment for gifts :-)
See first post.

@McLovin
I have also done the change for testing but not sure that all was good so thank you. Anyway I'll test your version.

@St_W
Fbdebugger is not really still in development but if you find bugs or want improvements I'm always ready. I come every day to the forum.

You can call directly FBdebugger inside an IDE as command line is take in account,obviously if the IDE (as FBedit) gives the possibility to call a debugger with parameters.
By the way the debug routine of Fbedit is based on parts of an old version of Fbdebugger.

@AGS
Be happy but as they say "don't hold your breath" until understanding ;-)
I'm ready to give explanations, see read first in the zip file.
And debugging the debugger can't imagine the result, if you try tell me.

Thanks to all to your interest.

SARG.
fxm

Post by fxm »

Could you greatly increase if possible the memory size for the source code?
For example, a file of 7000 lines (.bas=270 kb, which is only my own standard file of procedure tools with great comments), compiled with option -g, produces an executable of 390 kb, and already I get the error message ''Source too large (> 260000)"!
SARG

Post by SARG »

@fxm
It's done : the max size is now 500000 bytes.
I can avoid the size limit but it will take more time, next version...

As usual see first post for the new version.
AGS

Post by AGS »

SARG wrote: @AGS
Be happy but as they say "don't hold your breath" until understanding ;-)
I'm ready to give explanations, see read first in the zip file.
And debugging the debugger can't imagine the result, if you try tell me.

Thanks to all to your interest.

SARG.
Thanks for the source, SARG.

I've got one 'idea': how about switching from richtext to scintilla? Just think about it.

If I can get it to work I'll post a version using scintilla (instead of richtext).
jcfuller

Post by jcfuller »

There is also RAEdit which is included with FBEdit along with a demo.

James

EDIT:
I just noticed that RAEdit.Dll does not come with FBEdit. Here is a direct link to SimEdit an asm demo which includes the latest version of RAEdit.

http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index ... ttach=2926
St_W

Post by St_W »

May it be possible that you forgot including a Resource-file in your Debugger package?, cause around line number 800 there are references to resources but there isn't any *.rc file.

//edit:
I've managed to build the debugger from source now. Although the resource file and the Icon are missing you can extract these from the original exe. Simply use a tool like ResourceHacker (see http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/) and extract the resources (Actions --> Save all resources). So you could compile it quite easily.
SARG

Post by SARG »

@St_W
You're right, my bad.....
New zip file with the missing ressource and icon files. It's simpler.

There's at least one guy that follows ;-)

Thanks.

@AGS
Scintilla for what purpose ?
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Hi SARG,

Are you able to debug the FBC exe itself using FBDebugger? I compiled fbc and all of its objects using the -g option but when I start stepping through the code it GPF's when I get to around the compileFiles() line in the fbc.bas file (line 255).
SARG

Post by SARG »

@McLovin
Working on fbc.exe I found some bugs especially when there are UDT defined in several modules and also with named enums. I'm fixing them.
Could you please upload your version of the compiler with the -g option. Not sure that mine is ok.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Hi SARG,

I am pretty sure that this is the version that I was using:
http://www.freebasiccompiler.com/files/fbc_debug.zip