FbEdit, new IDE for FreeBASIC written in FreeBASIC

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
KetilO

FbEdit, new IDE for FreeBASIC written in FreeBASIC

Post by KetilO »

Hi all

New upload.

Whats new:
----------
o Added mru filelist.
o Improved QuickRun.
o Added collapseable comment block /' -- '/ and user defined block '{ -- '}
o Updated beautify addin.
o Added imagelists to ADDINHANDLES
o Fixed bug with debug run (filename not quoted).
o Fixed bug when parsing variables.

Get it here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/fbedit ... t/download

KetilO

EDIT: Dead links replaced - Imortis
Last edited by KetilO on Feb 12, 2009 6:28, edited 1 time in total.
Shocking

Post by Shocking »

It looks nice... A few things are missing..

1. When you assign .bas files to be opened with FBEdit, it opens a new program, instead of opening a new tab when you double click on the .bas file.

2. Would split screens be possible? This will defenitly enhance my programming experience where it gets rid of wasting time trying to look for a certain code to do on one side and doing some coding on the other side of the file.

3. Could we be able to configure our keys when it comes to compiling/running/ and quick running? Because I would also want to do a quick run hitting the F5 like I do with the old quickbasic.

Anyways, it's a nice looking IDE here.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Cool project! I'll check it out more when I get home. I found it impossible to specify a directory for a project, though... clicking the '...' button didn't pop up any kind of selection box. And it wouldn't just create c:\fbedit\project for me. I noticed your recently viewed files are showing up in my File menu, too. ; )
dani.user

Post by dani.user »

Nice
Good work
porfirio

Post by porfirio »

Nice update, and nice to see the menu bug kinda fixed :p

Dont have mutch time to test more, later i'll add some more things :p
KetilO

Post by KetilO »

Hi Shocking
1. When you assign .bas files to be opened with FBEdit, it opens a new program, instead of opening a new tab when you double click on the .bas file.
You can use drag and drop or setup a Send to. That way you can open many files at once.
2. Would split screens be possible? This will defenitly enhance my programming experience where it gets rid of wasting time trying to look for a certain code to do on one side and doing some coding on the other side of the file.
Already there. Use View / Split Screen or drag the tiny button in upper right corner of edit window.
3. Could we be able to configure our keys when it comes to compiling/running/ and quick running? Because I would also want to do a quick run hitting the F5 like I do with the old quickbasic.
Good idea. On my todo list.

KetilO
KetilO

Post by KetilO »

Hi Ryan

Thanks for bug report. A fix is uploaded.

KetilO
Mysoft

Post by Mysoft »

yeah good... hum... a feature for match parentesis (like fbide have) will be good ;)
SotSvart

Post by SotSvart »

Mysoft wrote:yeah good... hum... a feature for match parentesis (like fbide have) will be good ;)
Yeah that would be great to have.
SSC

Post by SSC »

You were quick to make fixes and requests, I like that^^ I have officially switched over to FBedit, there are a lot of features that FBIDE doesn't have. Both work great but with the FBIDE project dead it's time to move on.

Vic, if you are watching these threads still, You should prolly give this a 3rd party subforum =)
Zamaster

Post by Zamaster »

very attractive dude! The VBish interface is wonderful. Sniplets are cool too!
arenth

Post by arenth »

Yeah the first time I tried this it crashed, but you seem to have fixed that bug nice and quick, So far this is a great looking IDE.
anonymous1337

Post by anonymous1337 »

Can it open included files by clicking on the inclusion text? I'm used to that feature and I can't switch to this IDE without it. I use it to quickly find bugs and make improvements to my libraries. ^_^;;
arenth

Post by arenth »

Is there any chance of getting true multi module project support? Like for example I would like fbedit to shell FBC like this.

Code: Select all

FBC -s console -w 1 module1.bas module2.bas module3.bas module4.bas
I ask for this because personally I dislike the method of including all sources into one big file, as it clutters up name-spaces, and makes all globals available to all modules effectively eliminating two of the major advantages of multi-modular coding.[/code]
KetilO

Post by KetilO »

Hi arenth

FbEdit's build method is quiet flexible. Nothing prevents you from building it that way.
Use Project Options to modify build command:

fbc -s console -w 1 module1.bas module2.bas module3.bas module4.bas

Note that the module files must NOT be added to the project as modules.

KetilO