FbEdit, new IDE for FreeBASIC written in FreeBASIC

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
UR_

Re: FbEdit

Post by UR_ »

just my 2ct:

1) "clicking on node desktop"
Clicking an entry will expand this node. If already expanded, nothing will happen.
"desktop" is expanded by default, so nothing will happen.
i think microsoft will say: "this is desired behaviour"
for unexpanding click entry's leading arrow

2) "Menu start" folder it says "access denied"
This is a Redmond joke and will tell you: "Your brain is in XP-mode, please update :-(".
Location of Startmenu has changed since win7 to "C:\Users\YourAccount\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu".
XP links like: "C:\Users\YourAccount\Start Menu" are shown, but will not work.
BTW "Start Menu" is not the place you are looking for.

3) While coding folder-browser setup, i thought it will be a good idea, if browser unfolds at startup until initial position.
Initial starting position is path string from dialog box "Environment".
If this path doesnt exist, windows will default to your profile (%USERPROFILE%) which is highlighted and expanded.
This behaviour is a design decision by Microsoft and if they like it, we have to like it too.
So please scroll down and expand subtree "Computer". All your drives can be found here.

BTW since Rev 79 no feature were added, so you are on the bright side.
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

UR_: would you mean adding me on Skype? (cherry-dt) unfortunately there is no private message function on this forum, it appears (or I'm too dumb to find it) - thank you!
enform

Addin for FbEdit ( Gui ) with window9.bi

Post by enform »

Hello ,

This project is the Project section with the same name , at the same date . Have fun !
Provoni

Post by Provoni »

In the Functions panel, when one left-clicks on the tab itself, a menu will pop up with "Highlight -> Update" which will color shared variables, subs and types. I find this extremely useful but cannot find the option to enable this by default and have to constantly re-enable it.

Anyone know about this?
Cherry

Re: FbEdit, new IDE for FreeBASIC written in FreeBASIC

Post by Cherry »

I made a fork of a fork a while back, and I posted the link somewhere here... but I realized only now that the upload for the release binaries has failed in GitHub!

So, while the sources were available, the binaries were not.

I fixed this now.

You can find both the sources and the binaries for FBEditMOD 1.0.7.8a Cherry Version here: https://github.com/CherryDT/FbEditMOD/

Do read the readme though!