FadeText - output text via FreeType fading in the letters!

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
flo

FadeText - output text via FreeType fading in the letters!

Postby flo » Jan 09, 2009 16:47

hi ^^

here's a little library i wrote to display text in a nice way (looks like in zelda ^^)
here's the code with some examples: http://www.freebasic-portal.de/index.ph ... how&id=781
big thanks to jofers, who wrote the example for using freetype. the glyph-rendering-part is from that example
(unfortunately, i couldn't find any licensing hint. jofers, if you don't want to see your code used in that lib, please tell me)

please try it out (especially on windows!), and tell me when you found a bug, or something to be improved.
i know, some functions have a rather ugly way to call them, i'll provide some easier ways when i have time...

greetz :)
flo

edit: mysoft asked for screenshots. i'll make some when i have time, but actually you can't really see on screenshots what the program does.
just try it out! all function are demonstrated in the program.
flo

Postby flo » Jan 11, 2009 14:27

here you can see text being displayed (try it out! you can't really see it on pics!)

and here is a selection (that red square shows what is selected, it moves around. i'll make it display a real graphic soon)

sry for the double-post, but this is something new, so it should be visible ;)
jofers

Postby jofers » Jan 12, 2009 22:22

Actually, I have draconian views on licensing code snippets. The distribution of line-by-line translations of public domain C code publicly posted on websites is strictly forbidden. That code was clearly for you to look at and never, ever use it for any purpose whatsoever without filling out a $30 licensing application and flagellating yourself 10 times in my honor.

A pair of RIAA rent-a-lawyers will be tracking you down shortly.
rdc

Postby rdc » Jan 13, 2009 18:50

lol.
flo

Postby flo » Jan 18, 2009 15:37

okay :)
you'll receive your 30$ soon ;)

but now i'm interested if anyone tried it out my lib.
if so, plz tell me and write what you think about it
greetz
flo

Return to “Projects”