YAGL - Yet Another Game Library (FB 0.20)

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

Thanks for the advise stylin. If no one has any objections, I'll do that myself and post a link here.
Eponasoft

Post by Eponasoft »

The POV control is the digital d-pad on modern gamepads. It's called the Point Of View Hat...why? I have no idea. But that's what it's called. Apparently, it's not so easy to utilize in Linux.
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

Ah. Yes, I remember the POV hat. If you had said POV hat I would have known what you were talking about. And I have no idea how to work with it. Linux or otherwise.
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

Since I got no objections, I started a google code page. It is here:

http://code.google.com/p/yagl-fb/

If anyone want's to join the group, let me know.
I plan to put up some of the work I am currently doing. Since the audio section is using a list, I am making a simple replacement linked list. I will have that code up soon.
Eponasoft

Post by Eponasoft »

Count me in.

dave at eponasoft dot com
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

I added you, but I'm not sure how you will log in... I thought it needed a google account for login.
Eponasoft

Post by Eponasoft »

I'm not too familiar with it either. I was approached a couple of months ago about a different project on google code (PAlib) but haven't been added there yet so I don't know how it works either.
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

Just register for a google account. Once you do, I can add that to the group list. I read up on it. You do need a google account.

You can email me with your account info. The email in my profile here will work.
vdecampo

Post by vdecampo »

Is there a link to the current source. I would like to take a look at it and see if I could contribute in some fashion.

-Vince
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

Yeah.

http://opensvn.csie.org/gamelibpp/

I had to hunt it down in an old thread on QBNews.
marzec

Post by marzec »

do not open pandora's box! i'll be interested to see what you can come up with. good luck.
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

Hey, Marzec! Long time no see. If there is any advise you would like to give we would all love to see it.
marzec

Post by marzec »

don't port the sound module directly afair it's borked could be wrong though. ask zire. the same goes for the keyboard input. maybe rewritte all glfw related stuff with gfxlib in opengl mode. can't think of anything else. the code is a bit of a mess don't blame me!
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

Alright. Thanks for the info. I'll have to see what I can do for those.
Gods and Idols

Post by Gods and Idols »

marzec wrote:don't port the sound module directly afair it's borked could be wrong though. ask zire. the same goes for the keyboard input. maybe rewritte all glfw related stuff with gfxlib in opengl mode. can't think of anything else. the code is a bit of a mess don't blame me!
Sound works, at least I haven't had any problems so far (Other than my code being wrong :P)