Axiebal 7

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
ideesoftware

Axiebal 7

Postby ideesoftware » Sep 24, 2008 16:57

Axiebal 7, the sequel of our "aXiebal Winter", is a game of skill and puzzles, written in FreeBASIC. It's freeware, so check it out!
Comments welcome of course!

Download:
http://www.ideesoftware.org/english.htm

Hendrik
Lachie Dazdarian

Postby Lachie Dazdarian » Sep 24, 2008 22:27

Wow! You have a real winner here. Love every aspect of this game. Graphics, cool music and sound (especially the speech), and the smooth engine. This game reminds me on my Ball Blazing Fantasy a lot. Never though about having jumping in my game. Smart idea.

Gonna play this some more this weekend. BTW, would you mind me featuring this at FBGD(http://games.freebasic.net)?

Few complaints. I would prefer I didn't have to hold enter to zoom out. Maybe ENTER - zoom out, ENTER again - zoom back in.

The installer. Erm...a great deal of gaming communities hates them, especially if they don't allow you to pick a directory where to install the program. I recommend providing zip alternatives on your website.

Anyway, thanks for this great addition to FB game dev scene.

BTW, are your other games FB too?
ideesoftware

Postby ideesoftware » Sep 24, 2008 23:09

Thanks for the kind words!

Lachie Dazdarian wrote:BTW, would you mind me featuring this at FBGD(http://games.freebasic.net)?

That would be great, thanks! :)

Lachie Dazdarian wrote:Few complaints. I would prefer I didn't have to hold enter to zoom out. Maybe ENTER - zoom out, ENTER again - zoom back in.

Hmmm... maybe. I'll think about it :)

Lachie Dazdarian wrote:The installer. Erm...a great deal of gaming communities hates them, especially if they don't allow you to pick a directory where to install the program. I recommend providing zip alternatives on your website.

You're absolutely right. I added a zip-file to the downloads (scroll down on the Axiebal 7-page to find it).

Lachie Dazdarian wrote:BTW, are your other games FB too?

No, the older games were made in VB6.
Lachie Dazdarian

Postby Lachie Dazdarian » Sep 25, 2008 13:46

Yo people! What's your problem?

BTW, you could post this in my forum too.

http://games.freebasic.net/forum

There are few people who go there more often than here.

Odd.
anonymous1337

Postby anonymous1337 » Sep 25, 2008 14:36

Sorry, Lachie. I know that being FBGD I should check out every game posted on the forum, but I haven't had time as of late. The school year's starting for people, my birthday was just the other day, and while I don't have school, I am trying to get work done...

(I still haven't tried this game, and I think it deserved more coverage.)
KristopherWindsor

Postby KristopherWindsor » Sep 25, 2008 17:11

It looks great, but I am busy too.
(Currently I am busy procrastinating; it's hard work!)
:P
Maybe I can try it when I get my laptop back (don't ask).
;)
Ryan

Postby Ryan » Sep 25, 2008 23:49

Just checked it out at home... amazing! The graphics, music, and sound effects are all very well executed. I could probably listen to the soundtrack on repeat while I work. : D

My only beef is that the levels seemed to quickly slide into tedium. I got to level 12 and ended up just skipping it after one try. Too many jumps and platforms. Then I got to level 13 and was using zoom to make sure I was destroying walls in the right order, but it was very difficult to see where to explode since you remove the signs. As a result, I got down to needing the last set of bombs as was one short. : (

It feels like you finally get a grasp on all the features (jumping, multi-jump, bombs) but then instead of having to use the skills in unique ways you just get dropped into huge levels that don't encourage you to complete them. Maybe if the crazy platform level was 1/4th the size (level 12) I would've played it through to completion. I could easily get level 13 with a second try, but since I can skip levels I probably won't. ; )

Anyways, great effort and thanks for posting!
Lachie Dazdarian

Postby Lachie Dazdarian » Sep 25, 2008 23:56

I think you can only skip 9 levels forward.

Postby 1000101 » Sep 26, 2008 3:01

That's a pretty slick game, imo. Sort of like some of the flash games you see.
anonymous1337

Postby anonymous1337 » Sep 27, 2008 18:03

This game is very well designed with balanced game mechanics and a wonderful atmosphere. Excellent. And thanks.
ideesoftware

Postby ideesoftware » Sep 29, 2008 11:57

Lachie Dazdarian wrote:Few complaints. I would prefer I didn't have to hold enter to zoom out. Maybe ENTER - zoom out, ENTER again - zoom back in.

Ok, I fixed that. Well, sort of: I made it so that after ten seconds, it zooms in again automatically. Hope that's good enough for you! :)

Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

Hendrik
Lachie Dazdarian

Postby Lachie Dazdarian » Sep 29, 2008 23:14

Well no. Check my forum for why.
ideesoftware

Postby ideesoftware » Sep 30, 2008 23:06

Lachie Dazdarian wrote:Well no. Check my forum for why.

I put the original version back. :)
Stormy

Postby Stormy » Oct 01, 2008 20:51

I'm in your credits! Sweet! :) Really nice game. But my name is Grunewald, not Grünewald. ;)
ideesoftware

Postby ideesoftware » Oct 09, 2008 22:41

Stormy wrote:I'm in your credits! Sweet! :) Really nice game. But my name is Grunewald, not Grünewald. ;)

Whoops, my mistake! I fixed it and will upload it asap. Sorry!

EDIT: Uploaded. Should be ok now! :)

Return to “Projects”